PDA

View Full Version : Dye Invision

PolishSausage
02-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Someone smarter than me wanna let me know how to get the lens out? I've been starting at this thing for the last 20 minutes trying to figure it out:p

PolishSausage
02-09-2003, 03:54 PM
come one smart people....I'm just staring at this thing hoping the lens falls out by itself

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
02-09-2003, 04:37 PM
If you have the booklet that came with the goggles, just follow the step by step instructions that are in it. That's how I got mine out. It is a pain tho! After you do it a few times, you will have it down to a snap.

Martin

PolishSausage
02-09-2003, 04:44 PM
Yeah...I lost that book, maybe you could give me a breif description on how to do it??

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
02-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Sure no prob!
take off the visor and the mask first.
Removing the lens from the goggle frame:
1. start at the top center with logo.
2. using your thumbs, push upwards and peel the top of the goggle frame of the top lens tab
3. roll the goggle frame up and over the forward retention lens tabs.
4. still using your thumbs, remove the goggle frame from the top two tabs on the right.
5. grasp the goggle grame on the right side, hold the lens carefully with your other hand, and pull the goggle grame out of the bottom two tabs.
6. continue with the nose tabs, the bottom two tabs and finally the top two tabs.
7. continue rolling the goggle grame off the retention tabs until the lens is free from the frame.
Installing the lens in the goggle frame:
1. moisten the lens retention tabs with water.
2. grasp lens by top edge with thumb over logo.
3. pinch the nose portion of the goggle frame and insert the two nose tabs. one on each side of the bridge.
4. move to the left and insert the two bottom tabs. use palm pressure on the bottom of the goggle frame to push in the two bottom left tabs.
5. slide left side of lens into the inner gutter.
6. move to the right of the nose and insert the two bottom tabs. use palm pressure on the bottom of the goggle frame to push in the two bottom right tabs.
7. slide right side of lens into the inner gutter.
8. move logo piece over the logo without snapping it in
9. line up remaining tabs to be inserted
10. apply palm pressure to the two tabs on left
11. apply palm pressure to the two tabs on right
12. use thumb pressure to insert the logo tab
13. check that all tabs are completely inserted into the goggle grame. roll your thumb from the ouside of the goggle frame over each tab. each tab should feel flush with the goggle frame. tabs may need a final push to completely seat. it's not easy. if it were easy, the lens would come apart.

Hope that helps..I took it from the Dye manual
Martin

PolishSausage
02-09-2003, 05:39 PM
thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it!

After reading it and doing it, I found I could download the Goggle manual from dyeprecision.com

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
02-09-2003, 05:40 PM
hahaha all good man.
Take care,
Martin