PDA

View Full Version : Low Pressure N2 and Mags?

Streubie
02-09-2003, 10:51 PM
I'm eager to start running N2 through my gun and would like as much advice as the Forum can give.

I'm looking to buy a new Crossfire 68ci 4500psi tank (bought online at www.pbgear.com). I think I want a low pressure system because I've heard it provides;

1. Less ball breaks
2. Quieter
3. Slightly More Accurate
4. More compatible with high-quality paint

If any of this is incorrect/high disputable, please let me know.

I know my gun is ready for High pressure N2, but what about low pressure?

I've also heard low pressure is less gas efficent, but I'm a front player who doesn't shoot a lot (I always get through the day w/ two 9oz co2 tanks with room to spare). And I figured the 1000+ shots with the Crossfire tank would serve me well.

Any, and all insight would be very helpful. Thank you

FF7_SD_Masamune
02-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Do not buy Low pressure tanks for automags, you will basically starve your gun of gas, automags are high pressure guns.

ChucktheMAGician
02-09-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Streubie

1. Less ball breaks
2. Quieter
3. Slightly More Accurate
4. More compatible with high-quality paint

If any of this is incorrect/high disputable, please let me know.

Level 10 will take care of #1 and #4. #2 and #3 are gonna come in the way of a good barrel and paint to barrel match. Oh and yeah, you need a high output n2 tank.

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-10-2003, 12:25 AM
It's been my experience that mags are very inefficient. Lowering the pressure won't necisserily fix any of the problems you've listed. In fact, if you don't know how to set up your gun, you can actually cause more of the problems that you're worried about.

Mags really aren't as high pressure as people think. Mags operating pressure is around 375-400psi. They require 600-800 psi because the back half of a mag is a regulator in itself that drops it the pressure down to 375-400 as i previously stated. Lowering the output pressure of the tank only starves the valve and increases the chance for drop off at any substantial ROF. Just get yourself level 10, a good barrel, and a decent hopper and your mag should be good to go.

athomas
02-10-2003, 08:55 AM
A lot of other guns on the market require a low pressure regulator on the tank to provide the pressure that the gun operates at. Mags have a built in regulator that does this. Therefore, to provide the mag regulator with enough pressure differential to regulate properly, the tank has to output at least 200 psi higher than the mag operating pressure of about 400 psi. That means you need at least 600 psi or higher input to the mag.

The Mag operating pressure is 350 - 400 psi.
The behind the ball pressure is about 60 psi.
The level 10 bolt is the lightest pressure of any bolt for use with the most fragile paint.

In all the mag is one of the most useable markers on the market. Get a good barrel to match the paint you are using and you will get amazing accuracy as well. Much of the accuracy is due to consistency. The mag is one of the most consistent markers.

Mags only exhaust air out throught the front of the bolt. Therefore all usable air is available to propel the ball. So, the mag is very efficient when you are using the proper barrel for the ball you are shooting and the weather conditions you are playing in. All finely tuned guns will work better and more efficiently when they are matched with the proper barrel for the pressures they are using and the balls they are shooting.