PDA

View Full Version : Proteus Goggles...

madmatt151
02-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Hey, after much deliberation I was all set to buy a Vforce goggle, based mostly on comments made here. But I have a great deal on a Proteus, and I do have the fan for it already, so what do you guys think. Shoudl I not get the Proteus, or go with the Vforce. I know all the good things about both, but now i have seen them for the same price, so now I am stumped. Any advice would be great.

Peach
02-10-2003, 12:25 AM
I like the 15 dollar masks that you just return when they break...

Cryer
02-10-2003, 12:27 AM
I love my proteus. I would rather have an invision, but I love my proteus. It has foam between your mouth and your ears so you don't deafen yourself by yelling to your teamates.

-=Squid=-
02-10-2003, 01:18 AM
I LIVE by my invision, our whole team has em, were sponsored. (yaya, gotta rub it in ... ;) :rolleyes: ) I love em, I like them way more than my old flex and morph. however, you have to wear them for a little while before they will feal comfortable...

yeahthatsme
02-10-2003, 07:48 AM
i love my proteus, i like it alot, like lots and lots!!!

oh and btw, you said "Shoudl I not get the Proteus, or go with the Vforce" thats kinda contradictory....

madmatt151
02-10-2003, 09:19 AM
I know I know it was late.

Vendetta
02-10-2003, 10:14 AM
I used my new Proteus for the first time last week. It fogged, but the conditions were horrible. Light rain and very cold upper 30's. When I calmed down and breathed through my nose the mask cleared up. I don't have a fan, so I'm sure that would have helped.

Hellaspaint
02-10-2003, 10:48 AM
I think Proteus is the best mask ever made.
Good news, especialy for rec players is the communicator kit for Proteus is coming soon....!
If anybody has details about that product please post.

AutomagRT1483
02-10-2003, 12:06 PM
If only I could find a Proteus for sale with the old style visor:( I tried and tried and so far no luck, all the retail stores on the internet all have the new crap visor on them. They just seem to flimsy to me and I like the old style because it goes better with the proteus too.

Reo5th
02-10-2003, 01:12 PM
I have the "old style" visor Proteus and I think its great. I've never had it fog up on me and all communication on the field is easy. I say go for it, they've really dropped in price recently.

BTAutoMag
02-10-2003, 01:16 PM
nah go for a vforce. shield or morph. i love mine and i even got rid of a brand new invision for it.

datapimp69
02-10-2003, 01:34 PM
i love my proteus...

i have owned 2.

just try one on before you buy it. it can be to small for some peoples faces, mostly where it covers the chin

madmatt151
02-10-2003, 02:02 PM
How does it cover glasses? I wear them, and know the Vforce coers them well.

Vendetta
02-10-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure how it would do with glasses. Mine is pretty tight to my face, and I don't think glassed would fit.

I got Lasik anyway, no need for glasses or contacts, plus now I can were sunglasses:cool:

dropkick1
02-10-2003, 04:00 PM
i say get em, i've had em for over a year now and have the old school visor but it broke so i don't use it anymore, but i like it beter without it and i also use afan and have glasses and have no problems with fit or fogging, both are fine, i say get it.

ken

Vendetta
02-10-2003, 04:50 PM
888Paintball has the Proteus for $30 now.

rikkter
02-10-2003, 04:59 PM
i love my proteus, its so comfy to me. it handles glasses well, it keeps them in nice, doesn't press on the lenses or anything, but, its a pain to take the goggles off with glasses on

AcemanPB
02-10-2003, 05:40 PM
I've tried most of the mask out there, and my favorite is the Morph. The morph was the only out of the few (protus, flex7, morph, invision) that I couldn't get to fog up. Also to me, the morph is the most comfy and easy to clean mask out there also.

My second favorite has got to be the invision though, the only reason I'm not using one of those is that I have a large head and it didn't really fit/cover all of my face.

But if you are getting a good deal on that proteus then go for it, I've used them a couple of times and they are alright masks.