PDA

View Full Version : Halo B , Evolution II, or Empire reloader???

T 22 M
02-10-2003, 12:19 PM
i need a new hopper, because i hate my 12v. and i just wanted to know what yer opinions are on what to get i aslo dont want to spend that much money....Thanks...

digitard
02-10-2003, 12:29 PM
The Reloader is basically just a 12V revvy w/ xboard but it also add's in a new sensor ... but if you have an Intelliframe then doesn't matter.

I'd suggest either the EvoII or the Halo B.

I personally have a HALO B and I love it! But it is a tad bit heavier than the EvoII ...

Sincerely,
Dave K

BTAutoMag
02-10-2003, 12:53 PM
do halo b. i personaly try and stay as far away from BE as possible. plus halo b is the only hopper i know of that can feed 35bps:)

Smokee_2_7
02-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Yes, I would rule out the reloader. If you are looking at getting somthing with a significant performance increase, the evo 2 or halo b are what you should be looking at.

I chose the Evo 2.

Reasons i did:

Cheaper than the Halo (ALOT)
Lighter than the Halo
I do not like the fact that i need a screwdriver to change the batteries on the halo
As far as feed rate goes, the halo is faster but only in a rate of fire range that I never go into. When was the last time that you shot faster than 17 bps? (the advertised rate of the EVO 2)

So far, i am very satisfied with the evo 2. I used to have problems outshooting the revvy on my warp, and thats not an issue anymore. Additionally, the profile design of the evo is a bit lower than the revvie, and i believe it is lower than the halo, also.

THe only thing that takes some getting used to is loading the evo. After a couple tries, no problems.

Hope this helps,

Carl

Reo5th
02-10-2003, 01:07 PM
There is nothing wrong with the eVLution II. I thought I wanted a HALO B for the longest time until I got an evo ii for free. The feed system is more than fast enough for any marker and I personally love the way it sits back on the gun. The plastic is very thick and the feed neck seems very sturdy. You can check out this video I made of filling up a pod with the evo ii.

http://www.tektonic.com/paintball/egg.mpg

enjoy!

digitard
02-10-2003, 01:42 PM
I agree, the EvoII rocks in performance ... one of the reasons people "dont like them" is cause they're ugly .. weird design, but that doesn't matter because they perform VERY well.

The reason I chose the Halo over that was cause I got my Halo B for such a good price that I couldn't refuse. Either one should do ya fine, I just happened to dig my halo.

Sincerely,
Dave K

EsPo
02-10-2003, 01:52 PM
i would go with the egg 2 if i were you... bout half the price if you look in the right places... ive seen them go for 60 on some sights.

fire1811
02-10-2003, 04:21 PM
evo2
cheaper
lighter
holds more paint
fast
faster then u need :D

i have used mine for a while now and havent
had any probs. necks seem strong enough and
if they do break u dont have to buy a whole new shell
all u have to buy is both sides of the neck(raceway)
$2.50 a side. $5 come on u cant beat that

yes halo is faster.................>*see smiley above*

Kevmaster
02-10-2003, 05:32 PM
I like them both. They preform, in practicallity, equally well. I saw them both keep up with a warp feed at the IAO, so in my boat, their speed isnt an issue. the eggo is lighter and cheaper. and despite what people say, its REALLY only .5" taller than a HALO and thats from the bottom of the feed neck to the top of the hopper on both

T 22 M
02-10-2003, 05:58 PM
hey Thanks for all the feed back its helped me alot i think im gunna go with the Egg II cuz i dont want to spend over 100 on a hopper...

Thanks,
T 22 M

BajaBoy
02-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by T 22 M
hey Thanks for all the feed back its helped me alot i think im gunna go with the Egg II cuz i dont want to spend over 100 on a hopper...

Thanks,
T 22 M

heh i spend 80 something on my halo;) well 90 with tax.

get a clear egg2

beefstew
02-10-2003, 06:29 PM
WOOT clear egg 2!

Peach
02-10-2003, 07:01 PM
I outshoot a egg... I find that out after i spend 380 on a flatline too... lol... Now I need a halo.

Smokee_2_7
02-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Peach, what are you shooting?

Do you have fresh batteries in the egg 2?

PsychoBaller
02-11-2003, 01:45 AM
First Off, I love my Reloader... shoots just fine for my style o play, max out at 13-4ish with fresh batteries.

Secondly.... I kinda find hard to believe people are outshooting HaloB's (kevmaster i think urs is defective considering they are rated at 22-24bps).

-Outshooting Evo2s are more likely believable when they max out at 18-19 (with fresh batteries).

I'm waiting for a loader to come out in the 15-18range, but sit like a revy, and is the same size and shape about.
Evo sits too funny for me to like it on my SFL Emag.
Halo is just looks like a blimp and the weight is top heavy.
Reloaded Revy is just fine.. but wish it something like it would get to at least 15-6bps

~da baller

paintslinger
02-11-2003, 02:58 AM
well i wanted a halo for the longest time and was actually gonna get one till i played a tourney...the paint we were using was really brittle and my friends halo was breaking it when feeding. so i went with the evo 2 and im very happy. i just played on friday and i was shooting one drop paint(broke by dropping it from 5ft) and didn't break a single ball. while my same team member with the halo had to use a harder more expesive paint. hehehe sucker...