PDA

View Full Version : rifling: is it a disadvantage?`

EsPo
02-10-2003, 02:18 PM
i own a rifled barrel.. armson stealth.. and i was wondering if the rifling is a disadvantage... ive read that it does no good for the accuracy, but will it kill it>?

NuthyN
02-10-2003, 02:54 PM
I have an armson stealth on one of my spyders and it is better than the stock barrels. I'm not sure what you are comparing it to but from what I can tell the rifling doesnt hurt accuracy, unless you break cause it wont clean itself at all.

EsPo
02-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by NuthyN
unless you break cause it wont clean itself at all.
agreed, but i have LX :)

Strider
02-10-2003, 03:11 PM
While it's been prooven Rifling dosen't help, it also dosen't hinder.

I have a Pro-Series, Stealth and an SSR (All Armson) for my automag, and I get as good accuracy through them as any other barrel I've encountered...

Yeh, I like Armson. :D

jimmyjobob
02-10-2003, 03:40 PM
just like NuthyN said - if you break paint, you are screwed. a nightmare to clean. with my stealth or any armson for that fact i always had best luck with very small bore paint. i always felt that i got a little more distance with the stealth but thats probably just fantasy that i have created in my mind :)

personman
02-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by EsPo

agreed, but i have LX :)
He said break, not chop.
LX will only reduce breaks caused by the bolt (using the foamie of course)

I sure as hell hope rifling isnt a disadvantage, because I just bought a 1100 dollar gun and the stock barrel has rifling, and Im not planning on replacing it for a while.

EsPo
02-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by personman

He said break, not chop.
LX will only reduce breaks caused by the bolt (using the foamie of course)

blah blah blah.. thats all i hear...sorry i misenterpreted one damn word...i think he got the drift anyway.

Evil Bob
02-10-2003, 06:04 PM
The only disadvantage a rifled barrel may present is the price you pay for it vs a standard barrel or a barrel kit. Other then that, there is no disadvantages really over a standard smooth bore barrel.

-Evil Bob