PDA

View Full Version : ULE Teardrop, Slug, nothing..........?

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-10-2003, 04:27 PM
Greetings all, I am posting this to find out if ANYone (especially anyone from Airgun Designs) can give any updated info regarding what the new ULE Teardrop, the finished Slug, or any body that AGD plans on releasing this month (or year).

I know, there are tons of links on this, which is exactly why I built this thread: to provide up to date information on the topic as a whole so it doesn't get posted in five million different places. We all want Cocker threads, ball detents, and Angel vertical feeds produced specifically by AGD because we trust them as a company. Yet we have no info regarding price and only prototype and unfinished info regarding what the bodies may look like. And definitely no real clue when either will be released.

So please Mr. Kaye, CPhillip, and anybody who has an inside track on this info please just give us an idea so we don't sell our Mag bodies and can't play for months because we expected them to be out "any day now." Thank you.

Dayspring
02-10-2003, 04:32 PM
As far as we all know, they're still in CAD state. Usually, if you're around long enough, Tom will post an actual prototype and show people before actual production. Wait patiently like the rest of us. Good things come to those who wait.

ICOM
02-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Nicely said nick.

joeyjoe367
02-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Here's a BIG FATTY HUuuuuuugeee GI-mongous Up for this Topic. I wanna know.

Bonx0007
02-10-2003, 08:07 PM
ups to this

jimmyjobob
02-10-2003, 11:22 PM
amen...

DiRTyBuNNy
02-11-2003, 01:25 AM
jinkies..that would be spiffy, TOm..

AGD
02-11-2003, 01:34 AM
All right... all right already....

The first off ULE bodies came in today. They look MAAARVOLUSSSS!!!! I wanted to take a picture and show you but I thought it would be better if they were anoed with nice pretty colors. The batch should come in some time this week and go out for ano asap. Could have some pics up next week.

Slug bodies are coming right after the ULE's. Remember, the ULE bodies are the thin, super light tubes with the tear drops in front.

We are looking for roller triggers and Official AGD Detents in soon too. I just don't want to get everyone going until we have finished product to show.

AGD

LaW
02-11-2003, 01:36 AM
While your on the subject ;) I remember you saying you would do some prototype warp sluggo bodies and let the buyer go ahead and do the modifications to the rail if any. Is that still a possibility?

Have you thought about marketing a ule warp body/custom ule rail combo?

DiRTyBuNNy
02-11-2003, 01:38 AM
Remember Tom, Bunny always says the Black2Blue2White fade is the most pimp..so how about you do a rodent a favor and hook him up with the fade of his dream's...PPPLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEE'SS SSS??????!!!!!!!!!!

joeyjoe367
02-11-2003, 01:40 AM
SweeeT! Time to run off to the pawn shop :)

JEDI
02-11-2003, 09:07 AM
ULE bodies Have the tear drops. What were the slug bodies Tom spoke of? Just regular uncut slugs?

Gecko
02-11-2003, 09:32 AM
goodbye tax returns hello ULE body!

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Thank you so much Mr. Kaye for answering this string. That's exactly what I think alot of us here were dying to find out, and I hope you keep us posted on these two new bodies that myself and so many others are dying to hook up on our Mags (some real badly as they have already sold their old one and can't play paintball without a body). We're all looking forward to seeing these pics.

Just like Jedi I am curious to know what you meant about the Slugs "coming right after the ULE's", as in if this is in reference to raw, unfinished Slugs available to us or perhaps the new, finished product that so many of us have been dying for. Do you have any prototype graphics of finished Slugs you might be making? Has some effect on if we buy the ULE right away. Either way, I always buy AGD parts for my Mags because you guys truly know quality.

I can understand why you haven't given prices yet as so much is riding on costs you don't know yet. I was just hoping you'd have an idea if the Slugs will be more or roughly the same price as the ULEs. An estimate about how the prices compare would be sweet, again I totally understand it's all up in the air now.

Thanks again Mr. Kaye, I respect how much you love this game and how innovative you are. I just recently bought the Badlandz 2002 tape and your interview was a riot. You loved showing all your new toys and when you stuck your tongue in the breach and fired Manny's Mag you made history.

LaW
02-11-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by LaW
While your on the subject ;) I remember you saying you would do some prototype warp sluggo bodies and let the buyer go ahead and do the modifications to the rail if any. Is that still a possibility?

Have you thought about marketing a ule warp body/custom ule rail combo?
just up for my question ..

Schnitzel
02-12-2003, 12:56 AM
thanks for the heads-up tom.

AO is like the U.S. government. the only democracy of it's kind where if you're persistent, you'll get an answer.

i luv AGD.

AGD
02-12-2003, 01:09 AM
If I am not mistaken we did do a batch of warp left ULE bodies in this run too. I think the slugs are just verts for now. Just wait until next week when I'll do an official update with pics.

AGD

RoadDawg
02-12-2003, 01:41 AM
Oh goody.

LaW
02-12-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by AGD
If I am not mistaken we did do a batch of warp left ULE bodies in this run too. I think the slugs are just verts for now. Just wait until next week when I'll do an official update with pics.

AGD

I love you??? :D

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-12-2003, 08:40 AM
Thanks To Mr. Kaye for the updates, I am definitely looking forward to seeing all our new toys next week. And you've really got my curiousity going with what you have planned for mechanical triggers almost as light as electronic ones. I hope to hear tons of great stuff next week with release dates in the near future (sooner the better with the spring season sneaking up) :D

digitard
02-12-2003, 10:00 AM
SWEET!!!!!

My Emag is a beast with weight, but its nothing I cant handle (its not really THAT heavy) ... but being able to drop on a new ULE rail and ULE warp body I'd be in HEAVEN! (not to mention having a no-rise ULE as well would be great)

**dances in anticipation**

Sincerely,
Dave K

joeyjoe367
02-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

OMG!!!!!111 I sold off my warp for the ule's :( I guess I'll just have to transfer from vert ULE to warp later..

JEDI
02-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

Someone, please explain the difference between the ULE bodies and the slug bodies. I got lost on that somewhere. I thought the ULE bodies were just bare bones slug bodies?

ASP

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-12-2003, 01:28 PM
SLUGS are the raw unfinished cocker thread/angel feed ported/ball detented bodies you were referring to.

The ULE's are a new item that Mr. Kaye is releasing (hopefully wicked soon) that is like the old (and hate to say it, but ugly) tube bodies but are instead aluminium and also have cocker threads, angel feed ports, and ball detents. They also have teardrop designs carved into them and the vertical feed and will come annoed in multiple colors. In reference to the types of threadings, don't quote me, I believe it has changed once or twice so far besides the cocker barrels which is set.

Our reference here to Slugs is a finished product being available from AGD. Having a single body made, carved, and annoe'd is way to expensive for most which is why I'm still packing my oldschool body. Most people want an official body that is made by real pros like the folks at AGD which is what I really hope Tom is saying will be available soon as well. I guess next week we will get the 411 on what will be available.

One question I'm still interested in is if the SLUG body will sit on top of the rail or if the rail won't be needed anymore. And if not, what happens to the vertical adapter? I like having a front grip for stabilization when shooting. Anyone knows that, drop us all a line.

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-12-2003, 01:55 PM
Interesting... my understanding is both would fit on any Mag including the Mini and Auto. Considering the new design of these ULE bodies it seems strange they would skip over the Autos and Minis considering how many of them are out there. Way more than RTs. I hope so, I'm dying to get one on my Minimag. I'm happy about the rail thing though, I like the stability it gives.
I'm definitely not looking for an XMag body, just a vertical feed/angel thread body that looks aesthetically better than Mags do now. I like the ideas of flat side rather than an entirely round shape like old mags do so I'm looking towards the slug but don't want anything custom milled and crap like that. Way too pricey. Reliable, nice looking, effective, I'd be sound as a pound.

LaW
02-12-2003, 02:24 PM
Tom - are you sure there is no way I could get a picture of a nonanno'd finished warp body? I really wouldn't want one that comes anno'd because I need to get it pc'd to match my other parts on the marker. If not, I understand but it would be nice. You can email it to me at law@wi.rr.com if you don't want pics getting out anywhere.

BTAutoMag
02-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by AGD
If I am not mistaken we did do a batch of warp left ULE bodies in this run too

YESSSSSSSS:D

i can fianly srop holding my breath. Tom i could kiss you

LaW
02-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by LaW
Tom - are you sure there is no way I could get a picture of a nonanno'd finished warp body? I really wouldn't want one that comes anno'd because I need to get it pc'd to match my other parts on the marker. If not, I understand but it would be nice. You can email it to me at law@wi.rr.com if you don't want pics getting out anywhere.

sorry for being a pest ;):D

theraidenproject
02-12-2003, 07:55 PM
I just traded for a hl body for my warp, and was about to buy a twist-lock barrel kit (J&J Edge), when I caught this business about warp left ULEs. Arrgh, should I just get the Edge now? Or should I hold off on everything, and get the ULE WL and a Sceptor in a few weeks?

AGD
02-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Law,

I don't even HAVE a warp ULE body yet. You can get them unanoed, call and place an order now so we dont ano them all.

AGD

DiRTyBuNNy
02-12-2003, 11:41 PM
what's the price if we wanted to order one raw?

LaW
02-12-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Law,

I don't even HAVE a warp ULE body yet. You can get them unanoed, call and place an order now so we dont ano them all.

AGD

Thanks Tom, I knew you didn't have them yet. What I should have more clearly stated was when they came in if I could have gotten a picture right away. I will probably make a call then tomorrow. Will they need modification to the body rail for it to work? Just wondering.