PDA

View Full Version : Flexing drops?

FalconGuy016
02-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Do you drops flex when you are playing? I just got my tank (finally!! :)) but I found out that with the tank on my drop flexes. My Asa also wiggles a little because it only has one screw, but thats because its impossible to have two screws with this drop! I have a CP <b>EDIT: CP FLAME! Sorry for the confusion, and even worse, its a CP flame COPY and it has a very thin weakpoint!</b> :( I wouldn't care at all if I knew it wouldn't break, but it really feels like it will. It didnt do this with the 48/3000 steel tank I had (heavier) but I think since this new tank is longer it has more leverage.

Is flexing normal?

I am also thinking about going remote, just to have a super light setup and I think it would be cool. Has anyone done this? How was it? Does the line get in the way? What kind of remote do you have?

Thanks

Peach
02-10-2003, 07:41 PM
I have a shocktech drop + AGD flatline.. Atfirst it seemed wiggly but I tightened the set screw and put some rubber between the dovetail adapter and the tank which absorbs all of the vibrations... And nope, mine doesnt wiggle or vibrate.

Dave
02-10-2003, 08:35 PM
I had a similar issue with a nice KAPP drop. It was a straight piece of aluminum, and then they bent it to get the drop form, so that didn't help the flex issue. My asa did wiggle around a little too. Then only think I can think of doing(if it is serious enough that it might slide off) is to see where the lock screw made a mark on the bottom of the rail guide of the asa, and drill it about 1/16 inch, so that the lock screw actually has some meat to grab.

-Dave

RAM3139
02-11-2003, 10:19 AM
As far as running remote goes, i didn't like it just becuase it makes it almost imposiible to shoot with my left hand. For woodsball it mmight work better tho. A lot of people try it and switch back, so picking up a used remote for cheap shouldnt be hard if you want to try it out.

shartley
02-11-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Dave
I had a similar issue with a nice KAPP drop. It was a straight piece of aluminum, and then they bent it to get the drop form, so that didn't help the flex issue. My asa did wiggle around a little too. Then only think I can think of doing(if it is serious enough that it might slide off) is to see where the lock screw made a mark on the bottom of the rail guide of the asa, and drill it about 1/16 inch, so that the lock screw actually has some meat to grab.

-Dave
I am in the same boat. And with a KAPP drop. I love the drop it gives me, but it is a bit on the “weak” side and does flex and even bend if I am not careful. That does not mean I have to baby it, but that I have to keep an eye on it.

This problem may be solved though since there is a nice AO Drop soon to be sold (see dealer’s forum), and if it meets my same drop needs (down and forward) I will be picking one up (I still haven’t gotten around to doing the measuring yet… LOL).

covadsucks
02-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Check out the Custom Products Razor Drop. It's got two set screws that'll hold any asa or on/off adaptor nice and snug. It's milled nicely and doesn't flex too much.

http://www.customproducts-az.com/razor-drop.htm

It's not a large drop, maybe 2.5 forward and 1.5 down, but it is very comfortable.

hitech
02-11-2003, 03:03 PM
I believe that is the same drop that a friend of mine has. He has a 68/3000 flatline on it. It also flexs. Hasn't broken (yet). ;)

einhander619
02-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Your CP lightning flexes? I had one of those, it was rock solid. My CP flame, however, will flex if I push on the very back of the tank.

yeahthatsme
02-11-2003, 08:39 PM
i gots 2 words for ya... DUK TAPE!!!!!

~WarpedRT~
02-11-2003, 10:25 PM
I had one of the Smartparts drops that come on the Shockers, and when I slid once,(not long after i got it), the screws connecting the asa to the front of the drop stripped out the holes, and my tank was hanging there just by the marcro. That sucked. I was running an instant remote.

Jerhew
02-12-2003, 02:36 AM
i run my at85 on remote(you can't put a drop on it without a special adapter on the grip)
i really like it actually
it's much lighter to carry, especially if you're playing a scenario/big game
and although it may take a little getting used to, i don't find that it hinders my performance...
granted i only really use it in the woods(but then my at85 itself is the main reason for that, not so much the remote)
come to think of it, my old teammate used to use a mag all the time with an airstock and a remote...in tournies and everything...he likes it
just have to be used to it really

covadsucks
02-12-2003, 11:58 AM
I keep forgetting the CP website has the lightning drop in place of the CP Razor drop. Sorry bout that.

hitech
02-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by einhander619
... My CP flame, however, will flex if I push on the very back of the tank.

Actually, that is more likely what it is. Sorry for the confusion...

covadsucks
02-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Here is what the actual drop looks like, sorry for the confusion.

FalconGuy016
02-12-2003, 03:42 PM
I think there is somethign just plain wrong, it is flexing way too much. I am going to try out other drops to see if they have the same problems
EDIT:<b>It is a CP Flame copy (read top post) :( and has a very thin weak point; Does the real CP flame have two ASA screw holes?</b>

Thanks everyone

56kSomeGuy
02-12-2003, 03:54 PM
I have a 32* flame drop which is basically a copy of the CP flame drop and it is flexing soo much at the thin point of the first flame. It flexes so much that it is causing the crome plating to crack, maybe my tank is too big or heavy.

FalconGuy016
02-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Im probably going to have that same problem soon :(