PDA

View Full Version : Will a LVL 10 provide better gas efficiency? How do you feel about Remotes?

Streubie
02-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Will a LVL 10 provide better gas efficiency?

What's the deal with Remotes and N2? I've been told they're not a good investment and I don't see a lot of people running them. Are they a relic of the CO2 days or just not popular for other reasons? Any comments would be appreciated.

MrWallen
02-10-2003, 09:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the Lvl 10 doesn't give better gas efficiency, perhaps it even gets worse (because of the extra gas it uses to reset the bolt and the gas that gets vented to keep from squashing the ball).

I don't know enough about CO2 to answer other question, though, sorry.

Bulldog
02-11-2003, 03:50 AM
Level 10 gives worse gas efficiency, but a very small amount. So small that it shouldn't be a consideration. If your experiencing chops, get the upgrade.

I've heard remotes are bad for HPA gas flow, I don't really know for sure. This kind of stuff is all personal preferance. If it works for you, use it.

Nobody077
02-11-2003, 09:47 PM
You will lose a little efficiency with LX but not very much, maby around 5% at most.
The main reason people ran remotes with Co2 was to keep the bottle vertical, helping to keep liquid out of the gun, it allso gave room for iny liquid to expand before reaching the gun, neither are problems with N2. Allso if you run a coil remote(usaly micro-line) with N2 you may cause airflow restriction leading to shoot-down. I have ran N2 with a SS braid remote with good results.

spacedtedybear
02-12-2003, 01:49 AM
Well according to Tom, the Lvl.10 has worse gas efficiency than the stock bolt. I don't really notice it though. I get over 1000+ shots from my 88ci 3000 tank. If you live in a relatively cold area, a remote and a good expansion chamber will well if you run CO2 for your mag. If you live in a more moderate climate, you can survive with a good expansion chamber by itself.

Carbon
02-13-2003, 04:34 AM
Acoording to Tom, the Level 10 hits about %10 in gas efficiency. I run CO2 with a L10 and did not really notice any it in efficiancy, I can still get about 500-600 shots of my 12oz.

As for remote nitro, i belive its a manuverability/comfort issue.