PDA

View Full Version : Spyder-Mag?

Oi.Oi.Oi!
02-10-2003, 09:14 PM
hi
I was bored inschool today and i got an idea. What if you used an automag bolt and main spring to return th bolt on a spyder. ill walk you through the steps of ho i think it would work.
the tank puts in the air into the regulator and the regulator keeps a steady flow then from vert adapter iin to the gun then the trigger is pulled the sear unlatches the striker(automag bolt) wich is being pushed buy the spring behind it (that is usully behind the striker on a spyder). the spyder bolt is connected to the striker and the paint ball is shot then the return spring(automag mainspring) pushes the stiker back and reseting the sear back in the firing position.

sorry if that wasent understandable. i know mags dont need
external regulators but i took out the internal reg feature. this is a pretty simple design im thinking theres a buncha set backs but hey im just a little boy and i dont know much about mags since mine hasnt even come in the mail yet... :(

but any ways give me some ideas im a deep blue newb so i hope this is ... deep enoough

Oi.Oi.Oi!
02-10-2003, 09:16 PM
whoops pic...

wadd
02-11-2003, 10:40 AM
Maybe I'm just confused, but I don't see a valve anywhere in your drawing. Where is your valve? You've got to have one of those :)

Also, that design is basically a stacked blow back. You haven't changed anything from how a normal spyder works, atleast not that I can see.
Jeremy

Oi.Oi.Oi!
02-11-2003, 04:22 PM
HAHA i didnt even think about a valve!!haha
the way its changed is the way it recocks

where should i put the valve

Vegeta
02-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Sigh.

Do you like to push on doors that say 'Pull' also?

You have two springs acting against each other, cancelling each other out. The return spring would have to have the exact (opposite) force of the main spring to drive the hammer backwards and therefore you would have two springs pushing on each other with the same force. When you pull the trigger, nothing would happen. nothing would move.

I suggest thinking things through a bit more scientifically next time.

wadd
02-11-2003, 10:01 PM
That's exactly what I was going to say. You can't have a spring puh it forward, and a spring push it back. They'll just cancel each other out and the slider will stop right in the middle. Not trying to be mean or anything, but you obviously don't understand how all this stuff works. Get a gun, tear it down, and really figure out how it works before trying to design your own.
Jeremy

Nomad
02-12-2003, 08:34 PM
It's creative once you think it through, but not really practical. If you were to use air pressure to move the hammer forward you'd just get a blow forward stacked, which would probably only be more expensive with the exact same results any stacked blow back or an automag.

Nice try, but try again.

Oi.Oi.Oi!
02-12-2003, 10:03 PM
well im trying but all i can come up with would require two air sorces and thats no good. hmm yeah i thought of tht vegeta and i relized this is trash:cool:

Oi.Oi.Oi!
02-12-2003, 10:40 PM
2x barrel
cool novelty, but youd need to adjust the reg or turn your pressure higher i duunno to move more weight and a stronger main spring to move the bolts back...
i relized that you could just keeps stacking but youd need a buncha warps

Oi.Oi.Oi!
02-12-2003, 10:42 PM
geez im bad at this

wadd
02-12-2003, 10:45 PM
The double barrel idea used to be thought about a long time ago, but then people realized that the 2 barrels would put 2 paintballs right in the same spot. Or atleast, within an inch. If 1 paintball isn't going to hit the guy, generally another one an inch lower won't either. not to mention it's twice as much paint you would shoot. The double barrel thing just isn't very practical.

NuthyN
02-12-2003, 11:55 PM
The double barrel is totally impractical. It is a novelty, just like palmer's "nasty" guns. If I had the tools I would make on for the fun of it.

One thing though is the top stack doesn't have air pushing the ball. I don't think the top ball would travel very far without air pushing it through the barrel.

Vegeta
02-14-2003, 10:23 PM
ok Oi.Oi.Oi.

just stop now before you post something even more absurd and embareass yourself further.

MrSoluble
02-18-2003, 04:19 PM
Sorry Oi, but your idea about a double-barrelled spyder/mag deal has been done already, care of Doc Nickel with the infamous DOC9098
http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/doc9098.jpg
Not an entirely bad idea though. :D