PDA

View Full Version : Egg2 Operation?

Goldie D Pimp
02-10-2003, 10:35 PM
Heya,

Is the Egg2 supposed to work like an xboard so that it spins with every shot? Or does it have the pause until it sees a break in the paint then starts spinning.

I've got a brand new one here that just CANNOT keep up. I've already shot all the paint out of the feedneck before it starts to spin. If you starts slow and get it feeding then start shooting faster it will keep up fine. But I can't just start ripping on it without outrunning the thing.

Is this how it's supposed to work, or do I have a defective egg?

I've seen a lot of people brag about how great these things are, but from what I've see so far I'm not impressed.

cheetah256
02-10-2003, 10:47 PM
hm. mine feeds as soon as it doesn't detect a ball in between the sensors...

Goldie D Pimp
02-10-2003, 10:48 PM
That's what mine does, but an Xboard senses everytime it sees movement. Mine senses when there's a gap but there is a definite pause between the paint not being there and the motor spinning.

Temo Vryce
02-10-2003, 10:48 PM
They are designed to start feeding as soon as there is clear path between the sensors or a gap between balls. If your's isn't doing this then there is a problem.

-Carnifex-
02-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Did you try turning up the speed?

Strider
02-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Make sure you have fresh batteries...

Other than that, I think you have a dud. Mine is 'stupidfast'. :)

Goldie D Pimp
02-10-2003, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I turned the speed all the way up. Imagine this....

Feed neck is full (hopper full with new batteries)

I shoot a fast string of about 4-5 shots.

The feedneck is completely empty by the time the hopper decides to turn on.

By then there's a pretty big gap in the ball stack and I chop.

There's a good chance I'm just outshooting the thing. But with so many people being happy with them I can't help but think that something isn't quite right.

Bucky
02-10-2003, 11:29 PM
must be something with the sensor. my egg can keep up with me shootin something like 15 or 16 bps. so i doubt you are out shooting it with a string of 4 or 5 balls.

fire1811
02-11-2003, 08:30 AM
hmmm u did turn the speed clockwise right :D

dont know mine is wayyy faster then i can shoot

Goldie D Pimp
02-11-2003, 08:57 AM
I'll dig into it and see what I can see. There was a guy who posted on PBN that the guards over his sensors were misaligned or something?? I try not to put too much stock into what I hear over there though.

Time for some exploratory surgery!:D

Kevmaster
02-11-2003, 09:44 AM
I would call BE. Ive seen their guys talk on the phone for 35 mins with one customer...walking him through a disassembly of a raptor. theyll get ya through what you need

Hellaspaint
02-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Be sure that your batterys are not moving from there position. May be the contact is not always full.

Evil Bob
02-11-2003, 03:21 PM
This is what seperates the EggoII from the HALO B and justifies the price difference.

The EggoII is a passive system, it "waits" until the feed neck presents a gap before it spins up and starts feeding.

The HALO B is an active system, it utilizes spring tension on the ball stack and senses movement. As soon as it senses movement (not a gap like the Eggo), it spins up and feeds, meaning the second you fire and the bolt opens up the chamber, the spring tension forces the next ball into the chamber. As the ball stack starts to move, the HALO spins up and applies more tension to the ball stack to force feed.

Once the Eggo gets going, it can feed quite fast and can sustain long strings easily, where it sucks is in shooting short strings (8-10) where it has to overcome that first gap, it has a slower reaction time due to it's design that prevents it from even coming close to being in the same league with the HALO. For you front line snap shooters out there, the HALO won't let you down when you need it. The Eggo will however.

Nothing worse then lining up a shot on the bad guy and having your marker go "pst pst" (or not fire from the chamber being empty and the electronic eye kicking in) on your 5th and 6th shot just as you're walking your paint in on your target. The back guys can shoot an Eggo all day long without breaking a sweat as they are usually keeping up long sustained strings which the eggo can do quite easily.

-Evil Bob

Goldie D Pimp
02-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Well, I just got done with my exploratory surgery a while ago. These things are a lot more complex than the old revvy. There are about 10 parts to it as opposed to 3 or 4.

Anyway what I found is this....

The eye sensors themselves had rubber sleeves over them with small holes for the eyes to see through. They were SMALL holes, so I opened them up a little and aligned them properly.

The tube that the eyes see through is wrapped in a paper to block out light. There were holes cut in it for the eyes to see through. I opened them up a little as well.

I made sure the eyes were lined up properly when reassembling and things seem a lot better now. I haven't actually put it on a gun yet, but it seems to respond faster. I'm guessing one of the sensors was partially blocked or something???????

I'll check it out and see what I can do.

Sam