PDA

View Full Version : Light Electro

Kevmag
02-10-2003, 11:01 PM
It looks like I will be selling my E-Mag in the next few days. I was planning on picking up a ULE version of the E-Mag, but now I'm wondering what else is out there.

Keep in mind the only reason I'm selling my E-Mag is that it is just too heavy for my tastes. I'd like a something light, simple, and reliable. It MUST cost under $900 so this leaves out X-Mags and SFLs.

What do you recommend?

Peach
02-10-2003, 11:06 PM
TIMMAY!!

RT pRo AuToMaG
02-10-2003, 11:08 PM
2k3 angels, brand new they are 850. They are extremely sexy and have all upgraded internals. Check out www.theangelguy.com for more info on it. Other then that, My local store has a GZ timmah brand new for 875. I think those are extremely light too. Matrices, 650, i had one, they are fast and light. Now, getting into the 200 range you have black draguns, which are fairly light, but it's basically a spyder, so i doubt you'd want that. If you have any questions, email me at sssaia@bellsouth.net or IM me on AIM at RT pRo AuToMaG.

BTW, i have an adrenaline angel, used you can find them for 850-900.

WARPED1
02-10-2003, 11:39 PM
Impulse.

Blennidae
02-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Why not upgrade your current Emag with the ULE parts. Get an aluminium body, and it should be a lot lighter than it currently is. Definitley less than $900.

Mossman
02-11-2003, 12:21 AM
Kev, Pick up a 2k3 BKO until you can get the Xmag of your dreams.

The 2k3 versions have diamond milling that's a little more attractive, the new 2k3 grip frame that people rave about for the new bushies, and are capped at either 14 or 16bps, not the 10 like ICD says. You can get one for 270 or so from pbgear, if you open your mind to good yet cheap guns, I'm sure it'll hold you off til you can get your ULE emag, and it's cheap enough you could probbaly keep it to use as a backup.

Just my opinion....Sam

by the way, if you wanna go a little higher end, look into the nice imps (nasty, rat), 2k3 PDS bushies, Timmies, angels, all are lighter than emag....but I've had a few of those and I'm sure i'll be perfectly happy with my Micro emag that's been at PTP for 3 weeks. Bastards cant fix it... :( Cry with me :(

BKO 4 EVAR!
-Sam

cledford
02-11-2003, 12:37 AM
I say classic Timmy, it is hands down the LIGHTEST marker I'VE EVER OWNED. (Except pumps) It is lighter the my Emag and Viking (By far), Shocker and cocker (by a good distance also) and even might be less then the stock mag.

It's also VERY consistent, +/- 1-2 fps with a palmer LP reg and super FAST. It has ACE and it's the good break beam type.

All in all, the only thing I don't like about the Timmy is that it's not built with the same craftsmanship as the AKA and AGD guns. If you wer torn between the the '03 Angel LCD and the Timmy, if you wanted something a little more durable, but less consistent (+/- >5 fps) get the Angel. If you can deal with light because it's not the toughest customer out there get the Timmy without a question.

I will state that I'm going ULE with the Emag. To be honest I'm not sure how much good it will do. $80 for ULE rail, $150 for ULE frame, and $350 for Xvalve = ~$600 for about a pound shaved. Not sure how much differnce this will make. I'm just doing it because I don't want to sell the Emag, but I agree - it's a little to heavy to enjoy playing with once you add a warp and loader. I'm really looking forward to the aluminum bodies - that will shave a lot of weight. I wish I could afford the Xmag, but that's out of the question now :(

-Calvin

-Calvin

Kevmag
02-11-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by cledford
$80 for ULE rail, $150 for ULE frame, and $350 for Xvalve = ~$600 for about a pound shaved. Not sure how much differnce this will make. I'm just doing it because I don't want to sell the Emag, but I agree - it's a little to heavy to enjoy playing with once you add a warp and loader. I'm really looking forward to the aluminum bodies - that will shave a lot of weight. I wish I could afford the Xmag, but that's out of the question now :(

-Calvin

-Calvin

Yep. That about sums it up.

I'm going to look into the Angel 2k3 and GZ Timmy.

Thanks for the advice!

dcmander
02-11-2003, 01:04 AM
Bushys are real fast and light. Great for snap shooting. I had a sonic. They are 930$ and are super refined.

Great guns. I would take one over an impulse.

einhander619
02-11-2003, 08:21 PM
I also cast my vote for a bushy. The 2k3's are insane. I feel that they are also much more durable and reliable than the impulses they compete with. There are also a ton of new products coming out for them, they are really taking off!

darklord
02-11-2003, 08:44 PM
It's all in how you dig the trigger, man. If you love the e-mag trigger, why sell it cause it's too heavy? I love my e-mag, and was considering timmies, but I can tell ya, going ULE was my best decision. I swear, the combined weight of the grip frame with all the electronics in it combined with the rail weighs about the same if not less than the e-mag valve. It's crazy! With all these new bodies being released, it'll be easy to find a vertfeed body of your liking. As for the prices on ULE stuff, I think the prices posted were misleading... you can find that stuff used (with any luck) and with the trade in the x-valve only costs $225. If you sold your old e-mag valve fo r that price and bought the x-valve separately, you'd end up only paying about $100 more for the valve. Plus you don't have to pay it all at once. I've bought most of my stuff in small incriments and it's worked out fine.

Python14
02-11-2003, 08:46 PM
Two Words...Micro Defiant(or bushy)!

minimag187
02-11-2003, 08:52 PM
I would get a 2k3 Angel LCD, they come with trigger jobs, tuned by TAG(yes angels come off tune from factory quite a bit) and he re programs them for $850. They are dust with some nice milling, altogether a nice package.

Peach
02-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Get the 2k2 timmy... The GZ's are the spyders of timmys

Sparq
02-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Well, according to Shocktech, their bushmasters are the lightest electros on the market...

Curly
02-11-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Peach
Get the 2k2 timmy... The GZ's are the spyders of timmys

That was the stupidest thing i have heard in a long time. GZs are in no way the "spyders" of timmys. Do you even know what you are talking about? All timmys operate exactly the same. Some people prefer the looks of one over another. The GZ is just different milling then all the other ones. How does this make it the spyder? Some people like the clamshell frames and the looks of the 2k2's, ironmans etc and some like the look of the GZ. I hope you are not so ignorant in the future.

I personally really love my GZ. With the WAS board it is hands down the fastest gun i have ever owned (yes i have owned angels and emags) and it does not chop at all. Personally I would recomend it way over an angel.