PDA

View Full Version : would you buy a short sleeve jeresy ?

nuclear zombie
02-11-2003, 03:38 PM
If AGD , or Nexed were to sell short sleeved jeresy would you buy one ?

Honestly I can't stand long sleeved jeresys (no matter how well they are vented) in the summer. If AGD or NEXED where to make a short sleeve jeresy I would buy it tomorrow.

opinions?

Chonky
02-11-2003, 03:44 PM
y not just cut the sleeves off the 1 u have right now thats what i did works great, ya i know what u mean during the summer i live in cali, hits aroud 100+

TheTramp
02-11-2003, 03:47 PM
I would not buy one because it couldn't be used in tournaments. You arms and legs must be covered to reduce your ability to wipe a hit.

For rec play I certianly don't need the jersey "look" so much that I would pay for one I could only use during rec.

digitard
02-11-2003, 03:48 PM
I would definitally get one ...

I live in Arizona .. which is hotter than Cali .. so we get 110+ weather from June to September ..

Sincerely,
Dave K

Fatjon
02-11-2003, 04:01 PM
i would buy one

02-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I would not buy one because it couldn't be used in tournaments. You arms and legs must be covered to reduce your ability to wipe a hit.

actually, there was a team a long time ago, that played in cammo tshirts, that coated their arms in vasilene..... if they got hit in their arms.... the paint would just not stick to them to be visible as a hit.

EsPo
02-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

thats the only thing that would stop me.

shartley
02-11-2003, 05:25 PM
No.

I like having my arms protected from scrapes, direct paintball hits, sunburn, bug bites, etc. There are a lot of reasons I like having long sleeves, and if I get too hot, I can always just take it off. :D

WARPED1
02-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Imagine getting bunkered and bonus balled 27 times on bare skin.

Kevmaster
02-11-2003, 06:00 PM
yep. Cant wear short sleves in tournies, and on hot rec ball days i waer t shirts...so no reason

logamus
02-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1

sleeves or no sleeves you are going to feel that bit of love. unless of course, your sleeves are made of steel reinforced concrete.

WARPED1
02-11-2003, 06:27 PM
I know,but it hurts more on bare skin:).

la690
02-11-2003, 06:30 PM
i would buy one as long as it were cheap because it wouldnt be allowed in tournys. although, i am not really a fan of Nexed stuff.

Python14
02-11-2003, 08:53 PM
I probably wouldn't. If I'm wearing short sleeves when I play, I'm just gonna go straight for a t-shirt.

tony3
02-11-2003, 09:18 PM
yep, but sometimes in the winter, when its 10* out its still to cold for a jersey imo

WARPED1
02-11-2003, 09:38 PM
I play in florida,year round.In the summer its like 110 degrees and humid,and I still wouldn't buy a short sleeve jersey.

ß.C.
02-11-2003, 10:01 PM
depends on the price, sometimes I paintball in a t shirt in the summer.

-=Squid=-
02-11-2003, 10:42 PM
This clothing crap for tourneys is getting ridiculous. I dont care what anyone says, you CAN EASILY see a wiped hit on bare skin...easier than a jersey because it wont blend in!!! So no short sleeves, then when its cold (12* was my last tourney in memphis...) I put on more than one t-shirt (2) under my dye jersey, they checked me and made me take them off....ridiculous, these refs need to do there jobs...You know, our sponsor (sorry, gotta rub it in a little) pays top dollar for these monthly tourneys, the refs can stop being lazy...really makes me mad...

Tyger
02-12-2003, 01:23 AM
You can make your own 'hack' jersey. I've done it to a JT and a Chronic jersey, it's really comfortbale. You wear full elbow pads, nobody cares one way or the other.

Tournamnt play, anoher story, but rec is just rec, play how oyu want!

-Tyger

Creative Mayhem
02-12-2003, 04:47 AM
I'm too cheap to spend money on a short sleved jersey, although it would be nice for the novelty. I live in the great white north, EH?:D I have no use for the short sleeve, while it does get hot up here I play in mosquito infested forrest, and anything to keep those little pests off me is a good thing. When I'm not playing I can just take it off if I'm too hot. Us Canadians are used to layering our clothes, EH?:D

C Mayhem

BTAutoMag
02-12-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by shartley
No.

I like having my arms protected from scrapes, direct paintball hits, sunburn, bug bites, etc. There are a lot of reasons I like having long sleeves, and if I get too hot, I can always just take it off. :D

at least i know youre skinny.

otherwise that would give me nightmares.

yea i agree. tourney play is big. what if you made the sleeves removable, with velcrow or zippers. like the jeans that turn into shorts

magsRus
02-13-2003, 02:48 PM
Like some people above me said I wouldnt because I play tournaments. If I wanted one I'd just take my GYM shirt

WARPED1
02-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag

yea i agree. tourney play is big. what if you made the sleeves removable, with velcrow or zippers. like the jeans that turn into shorts
You know tourney players only make up 3% of pb players around the world?And 7 million people play yearly in the US alone.You do the math.:p :D

nuclear zombie
02-14-2003, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the input so far !

Blazestorm
02-15-2003, 03:03 AM
I mean half of the kids in my school play paintball but they only play at the local field like 3 times a year. Whereas I and maybe 2-3 other people play every weekend or every other.

but I would because during the summer although this is washington it gets in the upper 70's and I only play local tourneys and I don't think they care as much, I think wiping is stupid... they shot you and their team deserves to have you off the field and to gain points from that. If they shot you, you are out. Wiping is a sign of weakness, showing that you need to cheat in order to win is stupid. I would rather get last place in a tourney, and know that we played honest and as to the best of our abilities, than be on a team that got first but cheated, wiped, played on, overshot, etc.

but I would prefer to get 1st place and that we played honest :D

back to the point, I would buy one because I think Its better cause the longsleeve jerseys promote bounces more than skin does, and you can't wipe a hit in the skin. And you should have one ref per player to watch and see if they get hit, whichever side they poke out of you watch them.

TriggerHappy
02-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by digitard
I live in Arizona .. which is hotter than Cali .. so we get 110+ weather from June to September ..

I used to live in the Mojave Desert, which is in Cali BTW ;) and the high two years ago was 131. of course nobody does anything in it, but honestly, we were used to playing in 100 degree weather like that.

Yes. I'd buy a short sleeve jersey. I normally just play with a white T-shirt anyways.

RetroEclipseMan
02-17-2003, 01:32 PM
I don't think I'd ever buy one. It doesn't get all the hot here in Washington so t would kinda be a waste of money to me since when it gets hot I just take my jersey off and wear a t-shirt.

maglover52
03-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1

what a pussy i play only rec ball and i wear jeans and a t-shirt and some boots. remember pain is only temporary. you might as well go out there and sit behind one bunker the whole game so you dont get hit:( or hows about we have a bunch of guys stand around you so they get hit instead of you. this world is full of ****in pussys.

mykroft
03-10-2003, 03:49 PM
You want a short-sleeved jersey, head down to the local Bike Store. They sell really nice short and no-sleeved jerseys.

Personally, I'll stick with long sleeves.