PDA

View Full Version : help getting red locktite off

p8ntballervirus
02-11-2003, 06:14 PM
ok first off, the emag is awsome and i can't get over how cool the magnetic trigger is.. although it is pretty good now i want to adjust it. well i got my emag used, and the guy before sent it to agd to have a trigger job done.. well turns out someone locktited it with red locktite and i'm pissed after a half an hour of trying to figure out how to adjust my trigger when i see it on the screw... red locktite. so i am posting this thread to find out if anyone knows a good solution to getting red locktite off.. thx

speedyejl
02-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Take the best soddering gun you can get your hands on and put it to the screw. The locktite should melt off pretty quickly. Careful though not to touch the aluminum with the guns tip, some soddering guns can get hot enough to melt aluminum.

Peach
02-11-2003, 08:43 PM
What screw was locklited... Anyways, set the iron to low and put it to the screw.

joeyjoe367
02-12-2003, 12:04 AM
heh heh! FIRE FIRE!! huh, huh, FIRE!

...use a blow torch and heat that sucker up.

p8ntballervirus
02-12-2003, 03:47 PM
ok, you know the switch that turns the E or M, well you adjust your trigger by adjusting the screw in there.. that screw is loctited and i just ran into more problems... i took that piece out to put it over a flame and a ball came out too (very small) and i don't know how to get it back in : \

tony3
02-12-2003, 07:46 PM
talk about getting kicked when your down:(

p8ntballervirus
02-13-2003, 03:38 PM
ya tell me about it.. its ok i'm going to pevs soon and robagd (rob) works at pevs and i talked to him and he said he'll handle it