PDA

View Full Version : Dye DT and trigger won't fit, HELP!!!!

jza5
01-16-2001, 10:55 PM
I had just purchased a dye double trigger frame and had to wait another week for the trigger, i told him a dye double trigger, but he ordered the standard dbl trigger like the one that is third from left @ the accessories page under triggers on the bbtpaintball site. Is it a must to get the dye trigger?

Butterfingers
01-16-2001, 11:13 PM
the standard DTs will fit but not as well as the dye DTs. For all intensive purposes, if you don't mind a little bit of side to side play its the same thing.

jza5
01-16-2001, 11:15 PM
I can not even fit the trigger in the gaurd.

Butterfingers
01-17-2001, 12:33 AM
Sorry there isn't much else I can do to help you. I would complain to BBT, if you ordered a dye DT you should have gotten a dye DT. Dont let them pull that bait and switch crap on you.

O-G-MagMan
01-17-2001, 01:15 AM
I had the same issue as you. I ordered my DYE dbl trigger frame and trigger from I & I. I received some generic trigger that I couldn't fit in the guard. Had to file the long tab that points towards the rear to get it to fit. For the side to side play I used some of my R.C. car shims on each side of the trigger. As far as getting the DYE trigger...I did...I ended up liking the generic trigger better...it had a better fit in the frame when pulled all the way back. It sits flush where as the DYE trig. just hits the back with a large amount of gaps. So all in all the generic trigger had a crisper feel.

jza5
01-17-2001, 09:59 AM
Thanks for all your help I was up til 1 last night finally got it to fit by filing down the back. Yes it feel awsome, same crisp feel, but with a double trigger. Not much side to side movement either. Thanks guys.

------------------
jza5

Bigdaddy
01-18-2001, 11:06 PM
Looks like another happy Dye 2x trigger frame owner. Just like me. Did you install the safety? Was the hole where the set screw goes tapped with threads? When I received my dye I had to tap the hole for the safety, I used the stock safety hardware in the dye and it works great.

jza5
01-18-2001, 11:13 PM
NO it was not threaded, but my dad had the 4-40 to thread it for me. Yes i stuck with my stock safety, works great love the feel. Ran into another problem though, my sticky grips came in today and i tried to put them on and the screws are too small. Guess i get to wake up before work and head to the hardware store. Otherwise i love the way it feels. Hopefully get my Dye drop forward in tomarrow to see what else i have to buy to make it work. Other than that i couldnt be happier.

------------------
jza5

Bigdaddy
01-19-2001, 07:47 PM
If the screws are too long they will hit your sear assembly, causing your mag not to fire. Just make sure you get short screws for the top part of the grips. Hope this helps you out. The dye frames are good frames!!! Mine is awesome. I replaced my benchmark with a dye frame and thats a night and day difference in trigger pull.

jza5
01-19-2001, 07:51 PM
Thanks big daddy. Got the short screws since the one that came with the grips didnt fit. Works and feels great.

------------------
MINIMAG
14" Boomstick
Dye Double Trigger
PMI Expansion Chamber
Dye Expansion Grip

angels one
01-09-2002, 08:01 PM
So if I buy a DYE d 2x can I use my smart parts double trigger?