PDA

View Full Version : Carry Hook Idea

IcantBelieveit
02-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Now i don't know if this has already beed discussed or what, But on the mechanical mags there are 2 holes in the body rail in the back that you can punch out for the Tank Adapter. Well couldn't we just makt a hook that matched up to those holes?

WARPED1
02-12-2003, 12:46 AM
What for?You lost me................

Cryer
02-12-2003, 01:02 AM
A snatch grip...
Yes, this topic has recently been very popular, but noone has proposed the idea of mounting the grip using the pre-existing back-bottle holes. Very interesting approach.
SHartley is planning on making a run of snatch grips in the future. He might take this into consideration...

WARPED1
02-12-2003, 01:43 AM
Why the hell can't people carry the gun?All this talk about ULE's and weight,then they go and add more?Seems pretty dumb IMO.

Creative Mayhem
02-12-2003, 04:53 AM
I often carry my marker by the valve portion, but do I need a snatch grip? No I don't. Don't get me wrong, if that tickles your fancy, by all means go for it. I can't say I have ever tried one either, maybe I will one day. Until then I'm satisfied with what I have now.

C Mayhem

Clare
02-12-2003, 05:00 AM
I usually carry my gun by the valve like Creative Mayhem. I really wouldn't have a need for a snatch grip.

shartley
02-12-2003, 07:27 AM
I will take that into account when I design the snatch grips.

As for if they are needed or not…. It is a non issue for me. If folks want them, I will make them. And because I am not a huge company having to make massive amounts of them, it is cost effective for me to make them… even if not many actually sell.

There are other “things” we see on mags that are not needed though, such as sight rails, but I use one, and many others do as well. ;) I see no difference between a cosmetic sight rail and a snatch grip, in fact, if you USE the grip, it may make more sense than a sight rail only added for looks.

It’s all good. You can never have too many choices or too many products.

behemoth
02-12-2003, 09:26 AM
What is a snatch grip???:confused:

shartley
02-12-2003, 09:31 AM
As was posted on another thread.

http://www.cobrapaintball.com/Accessories/Angels/cbr_fang_grp_ir3_gun.jpg
http://www.cobrapaintball.com/Accessories/Angels/cbr_fang_grp_gun.jpg
http://shaydee.hypermart.net/angel/IMAG0010.JPG

They are used by some to help carry their markers when running, or when they are just standing around. Not everyone likes them, but for those that do, they will be able to buy them.

cphilip
02-12-2003, 09:38 AM
I am glad you cleared up the "Snatch" part as I was thinking about closing it... :cool: ;)

behemoth
02-12-2003, 09:40 AM
what is the purpose of that??,,,it would hurt your hand if u tried to get your wrist in their tigthtly

shartley
02-12-2003, 09:49 AM
Actually, your wrist or hand does not even touch it… why would it? Go grab your marker and see how much room is actually there when shooting your marker. I think you will find that there is more than you may have realized… after all, most of us don’t look at our hands when we are shooting (that is what a good shooting coach will do ;)).

As for what the purpose for that is… it is so you have an extra grip for holding your marker while running (holding it NOT by the trigger frame, but by the end of the marker), or for when you are just standing around. Some folks hold their markers by the end of the valve… the snatch grip gives them a little extra finger grip. Not everyone uses them, needs them, or likes them. But again.. the SAME thing can be said for Sight Rails. ;)

cphilp
PHIL! ;)

cphilip
02-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Hehehe...:D

behemoth
02-12-2003, 10:09 AM
gotcha...yea, after going and getting my cocker and fingering the trigger...i realized you wouldnt even touch it...

but this all does make sense....in an old APG i was reading...i saw a guy runnning and carrying his angel by the back like taht, and i was like...WHAT!