PDA

View Full Version : ACE on Micromags

StygShore
02-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Will the ACE install be available for the Micromags?

When, how much, how long will it take and stuff like that....

Thanks

Styg

LaW
02-12-2003, 03:54 PM
no, there is no way it could be

StygShore
02-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Why isn't there a way the ACE could be installed in the E-Micromag? I am not sure what the actual design of the ACE is, but couldn't it be installed into the E-Micro from the bottom of the body, maybe by tapping a hole, and having a threaded housing for the ace, and a nylock set screw to hold it in place and keep it from moving?

Chris

speedyejl
02-12-2003, 08:15 PM
the E is ahh... key there

There isnt a drop in kit or anything but it could be done.
It would be eaiser to buy an X mag or just the body and frame with board and ace.

Otherwise you would have to probably make your own ace board then hook it up to the E micros board, then reprogram the board. Not to mention the milling to get an eye in the body rail, tapping a hole in the bod, etc.

StygShore
02-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Is the ACE a separate entity than the normal board for an Emag or X-Mag? I thought they were controlled from the same board. Wont the X-Mag board fit into the grip frame of the Micro-E?

Anyone have pics of the ACE out of a gun?, I guess that would maybe help me understand why it would not work.

Chris

mxracer33x
02-13-2003, 05:30 PM
I believe it would be very possible. I can see the easiest way would be to get a ULE Grip frame used on the X-mags, and the ACE board. The frame is already milled for the ACE board. Then you would have mill the spacer plate and Micromag body for the Eye. It would make a nice project.

And yes the ACE board is a seperate board. It sits on top of the grip frame, and covers up most of the slot/hole up front where the power wires run through the frame. I can take pics later on tonite and post if you like.

Good luck

StygShore
02-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Yes please post some pics of the ACE install, I have a guy milling my Micromag body right now. If I can get some dimensions or ideas, I can have him work on the grip frame and body to allow for the ACE install.

I think it has a standard Emag grip, not the ULE - I have not gotten the frame or battery pack yet, hopefully be in my door tonight. I might be able to mill the standard grip to take the ACE board, or find a way to incorporate it into the spacer or battery pack area.

Styg