PDA

View Full Version : Evanescence

Vex
02-12-2003, 01:05 PM
Anyone like this band? I think that they are making a strong impression on the music scene and hopefully they'll be around for a while. If you don't know who they are, they play the song "Bring Me to Life" on the DareDevil movie soundtrack.

http://www.evanescence.com

Oh yeah, they're from Little Rock, AR...so it's a bit of a big deal around here that they are becoming quite successful.

beam
02-12-2003, 01:18 PM
I think I've heard one of their songs. I don't have any of their music.

May have to check 'em out.

Vex
02-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Their sound is a bit haunting, but not goth--definitely alternative and definitely worth checking out.

alkafluence
02-12-2003, 06:59 PM
Evanescence- Bring Me to Life

Try looking for that track if you are interested.

[The Final (Extended Mix)] is recommended over the original.

yeahthatsme
02-12-2003, 07:18 PM
i love bring me to life!!!in fact i'm listening to it right now!!! omg i love this song!!!

"i've been living a lie, theres nothing inside":D

FalconGuy016
02-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Can you download their mp3's? Or can you only listen to that streaming thing

Vex
02-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Don't know...I'm sure you can download it @ kazaa or somewhere else.

-=Squid=-
02-13-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by phazeshifter
Anyone like this band? I think that they are making a strong impression on the music scene and hopefully they'll be around for a while. If you don't know who they are, they play the song "Bring Me to Life" on the DareDevil movie soundtrack.

http://www.evanescence.com

Oh yeah, they're from Little Rock, AR...so it's a bit of a big deal around here that they are becoming quite successful.

Hey, we are from northern arkansas, near Mountain Home and Bull Shoals? I play for team impact, and cuol use some teams to practice against...we dont have any within a couple hours...Do you travel? Are you part of a team?

SampsonFBC
02-13-2003, 10:06 PM
They are supposedly a "Christian" band. Anyone who reads this should go listen in at www.christianrock.net it's an online radio station that's really good. They play all the stuff they don't play on the normal radio stations.

Derman2k
02-13-2003, 11:33 PM
I got "Bring me to Life" from Kazaa so yea you can find them

Vex
02-14-2003, 11:39 AM
I thought I was the only one on AO in Arkansas! Anyway, I'm not on a team, but I know a few dudes who are. They practice at T-Square in Jacksonville. I've been up to Bull Shoals, that's too far for me to travel just to play man--sorry! There's an indoor field somewhere in Jacksonville too, but I haven't found it yet.

Anyway, drop me a few lines somtime and we'll chat it up.

:D

Xen
02-14-2003, 12:05 PM
it sounds good, the female vocalist i dont think she fits in the band's sound.

joeyjoe367
02-14-2003, 06:10 PM
I have their EP "Origin"

took me a while to get it, I had to go to the Recording place's website and paypal order it.

Going to get the album "fallen" when it comes out. I've got most of the demo's of the songs (with the swirlies) and it's good stuff.

joeyjoe367
02-14-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by SampsonFBC
They are supposedly a "Christian" band. Anyone who reads this should go listen in at www.christianrock.net it's an online radio station that's really good. They play all the stuff they don't play on the normal radio stations. \

The members of the band are christian, but the band itself is not "christian" persay, nor do they have "christian" topics.