PDA

View Full Version : huh?

Mag-num
02-12-2003, 08:00 PM
I just ordered my new mag but i cant afford n2 yet(30 more bucks!) I just heard on a post that i cant run co2 on it unless i have another reg....i have a 20oz on/off anti-syphon tank. do i have to buy a 2nd reg? i was expecting i could take it out of the box, screw my tank in and have at it...

la690
02-12-2003, 08:04 PM
if its not RT then co2 isnt a problem and you dont need another reg. you will be able to take the mag out of the box and screw in the tank.

FalconGuy016
02-12-2003, 08:09 PM
La is right, but try not to carry out strings of heavy fire too long or you might freeze your valve

automags generally dont work well with second regulators period. The only reg that is good for a mag that I can think of is the Palmer stabilzer and thats just if you have c02 and you want it to be consistant and have another layer of anti-freeze on your gun

la690
02-12-2003, 08:12 PM
he has an anti-siphon tank so it's all good:D

JT2002
02-12-2003, 08:12 PM
you can but the gun wont work so great. just hold off a little bit till you get a nitro tank. The consistency is greatly improved, you dont have to worry about freezing,and as long as it passes hydro the tank can be kept for 15 years

Cort95
02-13-2003, 12:04 AM
Is the anti siphon set up for the mag? If it is a tube design, then I believe it must be set for the specific asa it is to be used with. Other wise, the tube could wind up actually functioning as a siphon tube, which would make mr. mag very unhappy.

madmatt151
02-13-2003, 08:12 AM
Ha ha, I built a mag for a friend and the day we played he used a rental tank. The problem was the rentals were Tippmans and they were using SIPHON tanks! Well, after he was done carrying his block of ice, he tells me I made a messed up gun. What really pissed me off is the fact that right before he screwed in the tank, I had changed all his orings! Oh well, he learned about mags and co2 that day!

hitech
02-13-2003, 01:57 PM
It depends on what 'mag you are getting. If is not an RT/ReTro valve (e.g. a classic or a mini) then you can use CO2. The anti-siphon must be setup for the asa you are using. Remotes help keep liquid CO2 out of the marker. That is the biggest problem. But then that is a problem with any marker. You should be able to make it work until you get an HPA tank. :D