PDA

View Full Version : What electro will reign supreme?

Klay01
02-12-2003, 08:14 PM
With all these new electros coming out such as Xmag, 03 Shocker, IR3 Angel, Ironman Intimidator.. which one would be best?

Cha0tic
02-12-2003, 08:36 PM
it all depends on which gun feels the best in your hand. the triggers feel different from each other.

Jonesie
02-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Ability to switch from Electro to Manual modes makes the E-Mag the most versatile marker out there. I think that alone puts it on top...

darklord
02-12-2003, 08:43 PM
You're forgetting Smart Parts' Nerve. It's all what trigger you like, I think that the currently popular markers will stay popular... the x-mag is a nice marker, but people will still retain their opinions of mags. Personally if I had a choice I'd go with the timmy (not ironman, all timmies are basically the same), dragon of course, or the IR3, since I alrady have a ULE LX e-mag. If I didn't have an e-mag already I'd go with the X-mag, no question.

Machina123
02-12-2003, 08:49 PM
i think the new shocker looks like a piece of crap. its just my opinion. they went from a cube to a cylinder in 1 year. thats to much of a change. i might still buy 1 thought cause i love shockers. but its still gonna look like crap:mad:

TheEmagGuy
02-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Actually they have progressted to getting smaller in more than one year.. they went from shoe box, to milled, to cylinder.

Honestly id rather see it a rectangle still than a cylinder, because thats what made it to me a shocker.

i thought it was a great gun the way it was.

personman
02-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Im hooked on E-mags.
I have E-mag feaver.
I love emags!
THE XMAG WILL RULE ALL!

mag-hatter
02-12-2003, 09:37 PM
i have to say the xmag.

not only does it have an eye, which almost ever high end electro has, but it has a non chop bolt along with it! besides, it has the fastest recharging valve in the [angel_trumpet_noise}UBER UNIVERSE!!!!!!!![/angel_trumpet_noise] and then there's more! it looks sweet, AAAAAAAAAND weighs less than a fly angel. BEAT THAT TIMMAH OWNERS!

FalconGuy016
02-12-2003, 09:49 PM
I think xmags will suddenly become extremely popular once the non AGD crowd sees and realizes their greatness (mabye during the next few large tournaments xmags will get their name out there? Hopefully AGD can make enough by then)

chw32587
02-12-2003, 09:53 PM
i love the way my timmy shoots....1 of yall said u dont like the way the new shockers look...i love the way they look.. but thats just me

Kevmag
02-12-2003, 10:22 PM
I just love the simplicity of the E-Mag. I'm not a very mechanically inclined person yet I feel very comfortable with this marker.

The new Shocker looks great in my opinion. I thought the Nerve was on the lower end of the market ($500 range).

I tend to agree with the statement that it is personal preference. Many of these new markers seem to be capable of firing much faster than our fingers can pull the trigger.

*ArKfEaR*
02-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie
Ability to switch from Electro to Manual modes makes the E-Mag the most versatile marker out there. I think that alone puts it on top...

who cares... just dont be dumb and charge your gun.

Jonesie
02-13-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*

who cares... just dont be dumb and charge your gun.

That's nice, my 5 year-old students use the "Who Cares?" agruement. :D

It has nothing to do with charging. If the electronics go in your Angel (or any other Electro), your gun is USELESS. You MUST replace the board, costing God knows how much and requiring it to be shipped off, etc, etc...

If the E-Mag board dies, you can use it for a necessary period of time, ranging from the rest of the day to several years, until you can ship it off/afford a new board. IN ADDITION to that, you also have the luxury of an Anti-Chop system in the Level 10, the eye and LX back each other up... Let's see you're Angel do THAT! ;)

It's all about versatility. I agree that if you don't remember to charge your battey, you're dumb, but your post already made me think that.

Dave

wyn1370
02-13-2003, 09:14 AM
same answer as it's always been: it's personal preference, that's it
Now personally I've owned an X-mag and I like my timmys better.

datapimp69
02-13-2003, 10:15 AM
wyn,

did you ever really shoot your x-mag?

wyn1370
02-13-2003, 10:31 AM
yep, I used it all day at shatnerball

CLeatus
02-13-2003, 11:35 AM
YA know, I love mags, LOVE my E-mag, but I hope they never really "Catch on". Then everyone will have one, and I don't know about you guys, but I like being different then everyone else. I see a few mags here and there, and RARELY see an e-mag. Keep in mind tho, I noramlly play woods ball, not speedball, etc.

Regardless, I like the simplicity of my e-mag, amd when I heard there was 14 adjustments to JUST GET A COCKER TO SHOOT, I was GLAD I got a mag! :cool:

Crazy
02-13-2003, 01:40 PM
i'd pity anyone who came here looking equal gun performace advice... Anyway, my opinion would be a timmy(GZ, dragon, or ironmen)

Kurt

Blazingace
02-13-2003, 01:53 PM
I have it on very reliable information that the Nerve is just a really nice Impulse.

That aside, I love the death out of my E-mag. Now you add A.C.E. and super light aluminum body and valve to the already great gun and I think you have a winner. I am all about personal preference. If you can't shoot an X-Mag for crap don't buy one. I will get one because I like AGD quality and preformance. If I was going to buy an non AGD marker and I had some cash to spend. I would get a Matrix. I shot one and it was very nice. I have shot Angels and I can't shoot them for crap. Very nice gun, but not for me. On the other hand I love my Impulse too. Go figure. I shoot the E-mag and the Impulse very well. Shoot what you like. I will take my E-mag any day.

P.S. Impulses, Timmys, Bushys and Spyders all work off pretty much the same priciples. The nicer guns just do it with air instead of springs. Oh well.......

Machina123
02-13-2003, 03:48 PM
a posts a couple of posts said replacing a angel board would cost god know how much. well a angel board costs less than 50 bucks, and i you fry a board its 9/10 your own ault, not the guns, yours. my locall shop put my angels board in for free.