PDA

View Full Version : Would it hurt to be shot in the inguinal region while wearing DYE pants?

rdb123
02-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Just wondering how much protection the new '03 DYE pants would provide if you were to get shot in the inguinal region from maybe 20 feet away. Would it do a good amount of damage?

What about if you were wearing the '03 slider shorts under those dye hybrid pants? hehe

I'm just wondering if I could get away without using a cup when I get my new dye gear.

Thanks guys

-Ron

mag-hatter
02-12-2003, 09:33 PM
do you really really want to find out the hard way? if so, wear your dye pants. go for it. see you in the ER wing :D.

ChucktheMAGician
02-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by mag-hatter
do you really really want to find out the hard way?

I say find out the hard way! Then you can give us all a first hand experience:D :p :)

Xen
02-12-2003, 09:42 PM
it will hlep a bit but you still will hurt liek hell, they are not designed for maximum groin protection

FalconGuy016
02-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Dont the Dye pants have a cup pocket built in?

Jonesie
02-12-2003, 10:13 PM
I just got a pair of the DYE Slider shorts (the black ones, don't know if they're 02 or 03).

There is a piece of foam in the cratch area, where the cup would go. DYE seems to think that this would be enough padding. I'm wearing these shorts under the Redz Demension pants, and I think that that's all I'm gonna wear. Seems like the pants would be baggy enough to make the foam padding enought protection...

Later ~ Dave