what are they thinking?

team names now like...

baltimore strange
LA aftershock
miami effect

all named after cities :rolleyes:

davidb
02-13-2003, 02:47 AM
Ever heard of the Dallas Cowboys? The San Francisco 49ers? The Chicago Bulls? The Detroit Redwings? The New York Yankees? The... Oh, hell, you get the idea.

Chonky
02-13-2003, 02:48 AM
because 1 of the main points behind x-ball is to get the public to watch and it sounds like basketball and baseball names to me wich sounds professional, instead of some name like the crazy cows or killers etc... those name dont sound bad at all they sound professional

Kevmaster
02-13-2003, 08:22 AM
I actaully like the concept of XBall, thank you

Jonesie
02-13-2003, 08:33 AM
I like the concept too. Hopefully it will do better than the XFL. :rolleyes: :D

Later ~ Jonesie

Load SM5
02-13-2003, 08:34 AM
I think X-Ball is great, can't wait to see it next week.

Wc Keep
02-13-2003, 09:08 AM
i want to play it so bad.

Jonesie
02-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Load SM5
I think X-Ball is great, can't wait to see it next week.

Oh yeah! We're going to play some paintball next week, huh Jeff? ;)

Sorry, I just can't believe it's so close!

Later ~ Dave

WicKeD_WaYz
02-13-2003, 10:08 AM
they just put random cities though.

for example miami effect
none of the effect guys even live in miami, i understand the concept i just dont like it

cphilip
02-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Well now! Most of the people that play for the Dolphins come from Miami? And most of the people that play for the Huricanes come from Miami? Oh realy now! I didn't know that... :(

You don't have to like it. You might should do some checking into it a little more though. And keep an open mind about it. Maybe you have the wrong impression of what its all about? ;)

dex
02-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Jonesie
[B]I like the concept too. Hopefully it will do better than the XFL. :rolleyes: :D

I hear ya. I had season tickets at Giants stadium. I'm still cold. (AND DRUNK)

And to stick to topic, I like XBALL.

digitard
02-13-2003, 10:32 AM
I think that the "name" thing is to associate common heard paintball names, with big cities ...

So when someone who gets into Xball then gets into paintballing .. they hear "Aftershock" and things like that and associate it. Plus "states" have a team to hollar for.

Sincerely,
Dave K

Vendetta
02-13-2003, 10:51 AM
people that play for the Huricanes come from Miami?

A lot do. That's why they are so good:D

I've never seen a x-ball game, but it can't be as boring to watch as speedball.;)

lopxtc
02-13-2003, 12:23 PM
I have to agree that X-Ball is a format that I like also ... and I do believe that it is a format that will stay for awhile. It may not be the next major change in play format, but its a step in the right direction towards a standard format that appeals to the players and to a watching crowd.

aaron

athomas
02-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Adding a name to the team gets people to identify a location with the team. It gives each team a home base with which to draw fans from. The people in those areas now have bragging rights if their team does well. It will spark interest through regional pride even if people aren't totally knowlegable about the sport. I think its a good thing and a step in the right direction.

I like the X-ball format. It'll bring out the athleticism in the players. There will be more emphasis on tactics and movement than just spraying paint. A team that moves better will have a definate advantage here.

BajaBoy
02-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
I actaully like the concept of XBall, thank you

same here:o

Smoke
02-13-2003, 04:05 PM
Xball huh? Someone give me the lo-down!!!!

FutureMagOwner
02-13-2003, 04:09 PM
whats the team for new england or atleast rhode island or are they afraid to make one because of... *cough cough* celtics*cough* bruins*cough COUGH COUGH* RED SOX *cough cough*...

Mgwannabie
02-13-2003, 06:00 PM
what is xball? i kno its paintball, and its expensive but what is the format and stuff like waht is the diff between xball and like the panam or nppl?

PsychoBaller
02-13-2003, 06:18 PM
are great. They are nicely formatted to get games going faster, and finished in a more timely fashion.

I hope I get to play da Xball someday.

~da baller

-FronTMaN-1022
02-13-2003, 07:12 PM
xball is going to be a great addition to paintball. it will certainly drive in revenue to the sport, without losing its flavor.
one thing to remember, there will still be traditional leagues. so xball wont overpower competetive paintball.

Vengeance
02-13-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie
I like the concept too. Hopefully it will do better than the XFL. :rolleyes: :D

Later ~ Jonesie
As long as they don't have fat guys running in the beginning, it should be all good.

RoadDawg
02-13-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by WicKeD_WaYz
they just put random cities though.

for example miami effect
none of the effect guys even live in miami,

Here is a good one to settle this part of it. Do hockey players live or come from the cities they play for? I highly doubt it.

Psycho Chicken
02-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Alright i have been hearing a lot about this xball. Will someone please tell me how it goes, format, fules, and so forth. (or at least a link)

WicKeD_WaYz
02-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
You don't have to like it. You might should do some checking into it a little more though. And keep an open mind about it. Maybe you have the wrong impression of what its all about? ;)

ok ok ao has now persuaded me i guess the way they named their teams does serve a purpose to MANY who are new to the sport. i guess it gives them someone to root for.

ive been brainwashed by ao;)