PDA

View Full Version : Bounce test results-Nelsplat

Cort95
02-13-2003, 01:14 PM
In preparation for the arrival of my 68 Automag (indulging my obsession while I wait), I performed the paintball bounce test as described by Tom's Tech Tips. Here are the results:

Paint: Nelsplat, purple shell and fill

Number of bounces from first to last:

Discarding the highest and lowest number:

Bounce number (average number of bounces):

Comments:
I wonder if paint of this fragility will work well in my marker. The numbers also seem inconsistent, especially if the extremes of 1 and 15 are considered. Maybe after work I will try the glass of water in the bag overnight, and see how that affects the paint.

AlabamaMan
02-13-2003, 02:48 PM
last time i shot nelsplat i couldn't figure out why i broke every other ball in my barrel. When i got home i realized that every ball was about .700" in diameter. I went from being ticked off at my RT-pro to loving the thing, it's just amazing i got anything out the barrel at all.

Needless to say i don't shoot nelsplat anymore.

*Edit* i also bounce tested it 0 bounce, i could drop it from my knee to concrete and it would break.

I'm pretty sure i just got a really bad batch or something, i've shot it before and it seemed to work fine

AcemanPB
02-13-2003, 06:25 PM
I shot some nelsplat the other weekend and I bet even a level 7 mag could have chopped that stuff. I don't know what the problem was but it was bouncing off of everything.

Johnny_Reb
02-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Im NEVER using Nelsplat again....Last time I played I was lucky to get a break. I shot one guy on the top of the mask and the paintball flew about 30ft straight up in the air. Another time I shot a guy three times before I got a break, with a fresh tank and I was shooting 287!? Maybe I just got a bad batch but I doubt I'll use Nelsplat again.

Fatjon
02-13-2003, 09:33 PM
I installed lvl 10 in my mag about 2 weeks ago and used nelsplat. I was waiting on my barrel to come in the mail so all i had was a small bore barrel. I had about 30 barrels breaks out of 1000. Oh and dont even think of shooting it in a non lvl 10 mag.

RetroEclipseMan
02-13-2003, 09:43 PM
If some of you guys think that Nelsplat is a hard paint then you should try out Hotspot. I got a half a case of that stuff just to try it out since it was so cheap and it was like shooting concrete. Went and bunkered a guy and froma couple feet away the stuff bounced. Heck I even saw my freind shoot a kid right in the goggles from about 45 feet away and it bounced off the lense.