PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark Trigger Washers?

-Xugg-
02-13-2003, 03:23 PM
The trigger on my benchmark frame has a lot of forward slop. I already have a trigger stop installed behind the trigger. Everyone keeps talking about putting washers in to take up the slack but where do you put these and how do they look like?? :confused:

Wc Keep
02-13-2003, 04:12 PM
just learn the trigger and youll be fine. no need for this and that.

FalconGuy016
02-13-2003, 04:17 PM
Id like to do this too, I suppose they mean put washers where the trigger actually swings; the pin. Punch out the pin and put washers on either side until the trigger is more snug

autopimp187
02-13-2003, 04:18 PM
i would also like to make the trigger more, snug, any suggestions?

tranman
02-13-2003, 04:42 PM
I had my dad make me some washers because they have to be extremely small...i have a few left you can have them if you pay for shipping...thats if i can still find them

obsolete898
02-13-2003, 06:10 PM
Here's the best mod for the benchy frame.

1. Take the frame off the gun.
2. Throw it in the trash.
3. Buy an intelliframe.

I hate that frame, but if you want to take out the side to side slop here's the easiest way. Take the trigger off and bring the pin with you to a hardware store. Find the thinest washers that will fit on the pin, also make sure the washers are small. Then grind the side of the trigger where the pin goes through, until the washer and trigger fit snuggly into the frame. Just grind a little at a time, if you go to much it will be just as sloppy. When you've ground the correct amount off just put it back together with the washer and the slop will be gone.

I think you should do my first mod though.

FalconGuy016
02-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Or you could get some brass shim stock

Sir Chopsalot
02-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by obsolete898

3. Buy an intelliframe.

I hate that frame, but if you want to take out the side to side slop here's the easiest way. Take the trigger off and bring the pin with you to a hardware store. Find the thinest washers that will fit on the pin, also make sure the washers are small. Then grind the side of the trigger where the pin goes through, until the washer and trigger fit snuggly into the frame. Just grind a little at a time, if you go to much it will be just as sloppy. When you've ground the correct amount off just put it back together with the washer and the slop will be gone.

i used to hate my benchy as much as you did, until i got my retro. then shot an intelliframe and realized i hated them
long live benchys!

Wc Keep
02-13-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by obsolete898

3. Buy an intelliframe.

i never thought the way you did. i think my benchy is the king of the world. you will never ever hear me give that thing up for an intelliframe. VIVA LA BENCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

obsolete898
02-13-2003, 10:39 PM
It's not bad if you like a trigger pull as long as the Nile. It's kinda like using a floor jack.

Wc Keep
02-13-2003, 10:41 PM
the trigger pull is still the same length if you like me you teach yourself only to go so far with the trigger. its actually the way to get optimal speed on one.

autopimp187
02-14-2003, 12:36 AM
yeah, i actually want the intell frame, but it is like the 12 thing on my list to buy
warp, then mask, barrel kit, then trigger frame,

Wc Keep
02-14-2003, 09:47 AM
why would you want a warp more than a good set of goggles. a good set of goggles will increase your vision tremendously. which improves your game.

autopimp187
02-15-2003, 01:47 AM
i have a pretty good mask, but i am going to need a new one, the lens scratches are showing up a lot more. But the mask is good now, but in a couple months who know.

Wc Keep
02-15-2003, 10:08 AM
than you just change the lense you dont get rid of the whole goggle system.

magmonkey
02-15-2003, 12:54 PM
I have taken the side slop out of several benchmark frames

the hole through the trigger is way to large for the pin that holds it so what i did is I ground some stock to fit the trigger (leaving a couple tenths so it will still move on the pin) and then lapped the hole through the frame to fit the new pin ... it makes for a much nicer trigger pull ... but if i were to do it again i would have bought a intelli frame outright

madmatt151
02-15-2003, 11:17 PM
My Benchy's slop isn't that bad, my complaint is the trigger rod seems to move up into the trigger. Is this common?

FalconGuy016
02-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Ahah I just got my intelli today :)
I was a little surprized that the trigger is stiffer than the benchmark, but no biggie :) I loves it now

BTAutoMag
02-16-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by madmatt151
My Benchy's slop isn't that bad, my complaint is the trigger rod seems to move up into the trigger. Is this common?

yea thats the reason the triggerpull is so long...

the purpose, to make the trigger pull smooth

madmatt151
02-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Is there anything I can do about it? Can I swap th edouble trigger from my original frame to the Benchy? I forgot the manufacturer, I bought it years ago. The pin size looks the same though, willitmake a difference?