PDA

View Full Version : What is the matrix??

autopimp187
02-13-2003, 04:08 PM
i have heard about this a lot, but know little about it, please reply, and give me some knowledge.
thanx

Wc Keep
02-13-2003, 04:10 PM
no one can be told what a matrix is, you have to experience one for yourself.

Gambit1106
02-13-2003, 04:12 PM
autopimp where in plainfield are you located? I can let you take a look at my matrix. Let me know my e-mail is daugustyn32@attbi.com

Python14
02-13-2003, 04:15 PM
It's an openbolt, low pressure electropnuematic gun designed and built by Airtech and marketed by Diablo. It has a very unique design to it similar to the nova, but faster and more reliable. It's becoming very popular too. With various custom models out(freeflow,Shocktech,the various ardies, and the rumor of a DYE Matrix), it is expected to only grow in popularity. Currently, Trauma, the Ironmen, and supposedly GZ use them.

IMO, they are great guns and well worth looking into.

Remington
02-13-2003, 04:23 PM
:confused: That's a good open-ended question for the MCAS. :D Anyway, www.whatisthematrix.com is the offical website for The Matrix the movie as well as its two sequels. Python14 just about covered what the marker version of the Matrix is.

Jack_Dubious
02-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Wc Keep
no one can be told what a matrix is, you have to experience one for yourself.

bah...you beat me too it :(

JDub

Psycho Chicken
02-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Here's a pic of mine

Psycho Chicken
02-13-2003, 05:36 PM
Here's a better one with my old cocker...sob.. i miss her

Machina123
02-13-2003, 07:11 PM
i thought matrix was a closed bolt gun. not a open bolt?:confused:

Psycho Chicken
02-13-2003, 07:19 PM
Nope their open, and they work very similar to a mag as well.

SirOssis
02-13-2003, 07:48 PM
The Matrix is a great gun.
-Extremely fast
-Accurate in strings(due to little if any kick)

People knock it for:
-Being big/bulky/heavy... thats personal opinion though. I find that its fine

-Gas hogs... ok even with mods its still inefficient but not so much so that its a problem.

-High maintainence... I find that claim to be BS. I've had 2 all year(primary and backup/loaner) and have only had to replace 2 0-rings. Am I fanatic for keeping it well maintained? Far from it. And its not just my 2 markers, between the whole team we probably have 10 of them, all with the same story. If anything mechanical goes wrong with the gun its guarenteed to be a o-ring. The trick is knowing which o-ring needs to be replaced by where the leak is. I think its more of a people not learning the gun than it being high maintainence. People will get a leak, can't figure out what to do, get frustrated, then sell it at a rock bottom price to some lucky guy.

Any other questions about the marker or the warp feel free to message me.

SirOssis
02-13-2003, 07:50 PM
and my other matrix

Psycho Chicken
02-13-2003, 09:19 PM
Nice guns sirOssis. Most of the team that I hang with own them as well, in some cases they have two.

pimped mag 01
02-13-2003, 09:27 PM
umm the matrix is a closed bolt semi ;) auto even go to there website www.GenEnow.com.

steveg
02-14-2003, 07:19 AM
no it's not,it fires in the close position;)
kind of like every marker in existance except a badly timed
cocker;) ;)

piccolo_dbz39
02-14-2003, 03:27 PM
i have a question on this "Matrix". he eh, well the little reg on the front look like a reg or something off of a cocker, is it the same design but different model for the matrix, or is it liek a volumizer on a angel so it can drop to a lower pressure. or am i wrong with the whole idea about the volumizer on an angel. i've never read anything on volumizers. razz me if i'm wrong

Vendetta
02-14-2003, 03:32 PM
People knock it for:
-Being big/bulky/heavy... thats personal opinion though. I find that its fine

-Gas hogs... ok even with mods its still inefficient but not so much so that its a problem.

-High maintainence

What about ugly?;)

SirOssis
02-14-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by piccolo_dbz39
i have a question on this "Matrix". he eh, well the little reg on the front look like a reg or something off of a cocker, is it the same design but different model for the matrix, or is it liek a volumizer on a angel so it can drop to a lower pressure. or am i wrong with the whole idea about the volumizer on an angel. i've never read anything on volumizers. razz me if i'm wrong

The reg on the front of the Matrix is a low pressure reg. When set right, the matrix will be virtually chop free(bolt will bounce off a ball thats not loaded all the way). The volumizers on the Matrix are purely cosmetic.

Kevmaster
02-14-2003, 04:50 PM
for it being high maintnance....there are twenty some orings on it. i dont care if they 95% of the time work perfectly, thats still too many if you ask me

steveg
02-14-2003, 04:57 PM
13 and only 5 of them move

pimped mag 01
02-16-2003, 12:32 AM
its closed bolt because when it fires the bolt is closed hence closed bolt open bolt is when te air is coming out as the bolt travels foward im telling you go to there site:)

Python14
02-16-2003, 12:41 AM
no, it's open bolt. Open bolt just means when the gun is ready to fire, the chamber is open and the bolt is back.
By your explaination, a spyder is also closed bolt.
Companies say alot of things about their guns and stretch the true and bend meanings of words. Airtech may say it's closed bolt, by there definition. But by most everyone elses definition, it is most definitely open bolt.

big E kingpin
02-16-2003, 12:41 AM
i fired an sfl matrix the other day, it was kinda heavy to be F L, but i was way impressed with the short travel of the trigger

pimped mag 01
02-16-2003, 01:00 AM
taken right from gen-e's site

"Fires during closed mode of bolt's travel for superior accuracy. (Statistically, the most accurate marker ever made in the history of paintball.)"

heres two from warpig

"In a closed bolt system, the bolt remains forward, sealing the breech (back of the barrel) until the paintgun is fired. Then it is opened, the new pellet drops in, and it is ready to fire again. In an open bolt system, the bolt remains open until the time of firing, when it closes, chambering the paintball, then it opens again, for a new ball to fall into place."
is that enough?!?! don't mean to be a male reproductive organ

davidb
02-16-2003, 11:58 PM
You're not being one, you're just wrong. :p As was stated before, the Matrix, like every other marker, fires while the bolt is in the forward (closed) position. While it is waiting to fire, however, the bolt is back (open), waiting for the trigger to be pulled. Look at the ICE Epic; they make much the same claim as the Matrix, stating that the breech/chamber/whatever is closed when it fires, which it is. But the Epic has no bolt. :)

paintbattler
02-17-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Wc Keep
no one can be told what a matrix is, you have to experience one for yourself. haha u beat me to it too

billmi
02-17-2003, 12:17 PM
pimped mag 01,

Thanks for quoting me, by the definition you quoted from my article, the Matrix is an OPEN BOLT paintgun.

It has not been uncommon over the years for manufacturers of high end open bolt paintguns to make statments like or claims like their paintgun runs a "simulated closed bolt."

All paintguns that have a bolt fire when the bolt is closed. That has nothing to do with whether it is an open bolt, or closed bolt design.

The difference between an open bolt and closed bolt paintgun is where the bolt is at rest, before they fire.

When the Matrix is at rest, the bolt is open, and a ball sits in the breech. When you pull the trigger, the bolt closes, fires, then opens again.

In a closed bolt paintgun, like the autococker, the bolt is already closed with a ball in the back of the barrel, waiting to fire. When you pull the trigger it fires, the bolt then opens, the next ball drops in, and the bolt closes, then it's ready for the next shot.

If you watch the video at http://www.pigtv.net/00_summary/00_WorldCup.shtml with the Matrix demonstration you can see the bolt drive foreward to fire when it is cycled with the breech removed. You can clearly see that it rests in the rear (open) position.

SirOssis,
Tasty Warp breech :-)

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

pimped mag 01
02-18-2003, 07:38 PM
sorry im retarded im in classes where they make us wear helmets and every thing is padded:)

magsRus
02-18-2003, 08:51 PM
very good guns

or...

ask neo