PDA

View Full Version : dreaming californication

magsRus
02-14-2003, 10:22 AM
I got a question for all you Cali bros out there. Besides me I know theres plenty of other people on the east coast who want to move to Cali..my question is..is Cali a reall cool chillin place like everyone makes it out to be

pbzmag
02-14-2003, 10:43 AM
Well, you can ski, surf, and tan all on the same day. There are alot of hot girls to look at, and for the girls, there's guys here too. There is also a large diversity of people. But there are the bad things. California has a budget crisis, thanks to Davis spending too much to bail out the energy companies. We probably have to most stricked laws. Traffice gets really bad.And finnally, there are alot of people who has alot of fake parts. But dispite those bad things, I like living here.

pbzmag

irbodden
02-14-2003, 10:46 AM
Most stricked laws? LOL. Cali is one of the most liberal places in the country. Major Budget crisis, tons of illegal immigrants and the cost of living is amazing. Millions of dollars buys in So Cal will be less then half a million else where.

Jack_Dubious
02-14-2003, 10:50 AM
"Welcome to California. Now leave."

:D

JDub

slateman
02-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Dreaming of Fornication?!? I'm always dreaming of that:D

Oh wait, California. I get it. I get jokes.:rolleyes:

The only thing I know about Cal. is that they have really good skiing and tough gun laws.

Vex
02-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Even though I no longer live in SoCal, I miss it tremendously. If you get the chance, at the very least, visit--but don't move there! CA is waaaaay to crowded.
As Jack_Dubious put it: "Welcome to California, now leave."

pbzmag
02-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Yeah California has one of the strickest gun laws. I believe, as of start of 2000 no "high powered" rifles with pistol grips can be sold, tranfered, or bought. Current owners must re-register all guns. There is also talks that California want to pass a law requiring a permit to buy ammo. As for way to crowded, hell yeah! Just going twenty miles takes around an hour or more during rush hour. Even though there are alot of bad things here, there's also a great deal of great places to go. Like the beaches during the summer. You know, hot girls wearing thongs. The weather is also good enough to paintball year round.

pbzmag

Vex
02-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Save California; When you leave, take someone with you.

California will always be the best state (coming from a native Californian, that is.)

:D

magsRus
02-14-2003, 04:45 PM
well I'll sum it up for you for..PA...it sucks

dropkick1
02-14-2003, 04:49 PM
yo adam, PA doesn't suck, stay here, its nice to visit, but stay here man, come to the city, its much better here, but cali is nice though, but i'd rather stay her ein philly.

ken

beam
02-14-2003, 04:54 PM
An' now we gonna sho ya how tha MidWest rocks!

hahaha :D

Never been to Cali. I'm sure it would be fun to visit, but as I have 3 different friends who all moved from there to Iowa, I can say that they appreciate the MW as a much better place to raise a family. Especially if you don't make enough to live in a gated community.

Jack_Dubious
02-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by beam
An' now we gonna sho ya how tha MidWest rocks!

hahaha :D

Never been to Cali. I'm sure it would be fun to visit, but as I have 3 different friends who all moved from there to Iowa, I can say that they appreciate the MW as a much better place to raise a family. Especially if you don't make enough to live in a gated community.

If I was concerned about raising a family, I think I would move to northern California. As any NorCal person will tell you...northern california and southern california are 2 different states. :)

JDub

ShooterJM
02-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Boy is THAT the truth!

covadsucks
02-14-2003, 06:26 PM
I only wish we had a White Castle out here. I miss the 10 pack o' sliders...

Link
02-14-2003, 06:29 PM
technically, I'm in central california, but is sure feels like NorCali. I've only been to socal once. What a shock! I mean, Ohio felt more like NorCal than SoCal did.

Curly
02-14-2003, 06:41 PM
California rocks. I like both NorCal and SoCal although i have lived in NorCal all my life. The paintball community here in the bay area is awesome. I think i must have 9 or more fields around here and there are just tons of ballers. The people around here are really interesting and there is a lot of diversity. The only problem is that the cost of living is outrageous. But all in all I love Cali... I might go to the East Coast for college but I am pretty sure i will be back here fairly soon after that.

irbodden
02-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by covadsucks
I only wish we had a White Castle out here. I miss the 10 pack o' sliders...

You guys have In and Out though....

giblit
02-14-2003, 09:00 PM
i live in norcal, the emarald tri-angle to be exact, and up on the north coast theres a lot of red neckish type of people, theres a big culture shock from northern to socal, socal is more ritzy and northern is more country and laid back.

Curly
02-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by irbodden

You guys have In and Out though....

Damn Straight...

LittMag
02-15-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by magsRus
I got a question for all you Cali bros out there. Besides me I know theres plenty of other people on the east coast who want to move to Cali..my question is..is Cali a reall cool chillin place like everyone makes it out to be

Yes, nuff said

blembiggity
02-15-2003, 02:59 AM
All my Cali homies reprisentin.
Cali has strick gun laws. huh I just walked into the gun shop and 5 days later walked out with a .40 hand gun. I have never been trained on a hand gun but yet I am in the military and get trained on the M-16, that might have something to do with it. They also offered me a conceiled gun permit but i said i was leaving the country.

other than the gun law thing, cali is the shisnit.

Jack_Dubious
02-15-2003, 03:32 AM
In the immortal words of a young urban street poet...

"Say what you say
But give me that bomb beat from Dre
Let me serenade the streets of L.A.
From Oakland to Sacktown
The Bay Area and back down
Cali is where they put they mack down
Give me love!"

yes my friends....Cali *is* where they put thier mack down.

JDub

magsRus
02-15-2003, 10:03 AM
whats the weather like in the winter time for you guys?

LittMag
02-15-2003, 11:09 AM

A lot better than Pennsylvania (I know, I'm in PA right now). Generally it gets no colder than 50 and it rains. Again, it depends on where in Cali you are as to how much raid you get and how cold it gets.

RoadDawg
02-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Coming from an ex Utahn, So Cal has it's ups and downs. First and for most it is almost always warm, except to the natives. Traffic sux big time if your going the wrong way. Lots of freeways to chill on while sitting in traffic. It is home of Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal Studios Hollywood (dumb), and Sea World plus many more. There are places to ski but I personally prefer real snow not machine made. So for my skiing needs which isn't very often I go to Utah for that. OH and Police chases that go on for more then 30 minutes get aired on every news channel until the pursuit ends. One thing I can't live without down here though is the one and only IN & OUT! Oh and be also coming from Utah I feel like the minority instead of the majority. :p

Gitaroo Man
02-15-2003, 06:19 PM
Yes, NorCal is where it is at because SoCal is waaaay too hot but Cali is a great place

Curly
02-15-2003, 09:28 PM

Hmm.. lets see. I think recently we have hit highs of close to 70 and that was for a lot of jan/feb. We have had a couple of days of rain but nothing bad (thats what indoor paintball fields are for) so basically the weather rocks.

pbzmag
02-15-2003, 10:24 PM
There are a few indoor field here but I prefer to play in the rain. My first time paintballing was in the rain. And this was in SC Village!

pbzmag