PDA

View Full Version : front grip

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Anyone know a company that makes a front grip with more of a spike shape? I want something to put in front of my Minimag with an air inlet on the side (or maybe even not gasthrough and just run direct to the valve). I'm considering a black autococker front grip, the kind found on the Orracles, Black Magics, etc, but I figured Shocktech, Warped Sportz, or Twisted would have had something closer to a spike shape (rounded tip hopefully) to put on my Mag.
A good brand/type of micro or macroline would be beneficial to know as well, as I might run it from my tank direct to the valve. Anybody got good products to suggest, let me know. I use steel braided from the V.A. to the valve right now but running a single line from Valve to Drop Forward is something I'm considering. I just don't want something that leaks air alot, easily breaks when sliding in, and still works well with the quick disconnect.

Yudanja
02-14-2003, 11:54 AM
What about the torpedo reg, the one that comes standard on GZ timmys. I have one on my cocker and it works/feels good.

Chris aka. Yudanja

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-14-2003, 12:01 PM
It's a full reg though, right? I definitely don't need a reg cause it'll starve my mag like crazy plus I'd be paying 100+ dollars to do it. I'm interested in hearing about it though. Do you mean the reg on reg Timmy's or just the GZ one? Haven't seen it, do you have a pic?

xen_100
02-14-2003, 12:14 PM
well the "front grip" ont he oracles, black magic, etc......IS a reg.so you wont want those either. have you looked at the CP gas thru grips?

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1728_95044072

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-14-2003, 12:40 PM
The WGP front grip is a reg and not just a gas through with the airline from the tank connecting at the side? Goes to show how much I know about Autocockers, I didn't know that. That grip doesn't look too bad, still looking for something different but not bad at all. So if the tank has a reg and theres a reg as part of the front kit doesn't that make a cocker triple-regged which is way too much?

Anyone got updates on steel cable annoe'd black, a stronger form of microline or macroline available, or anything regarding that half of this thread?

xen_100
02-14-2003, 12:43 PM
technically it would have 3 regs. but the HPA tank reg and the foregrip reg are the ones that control operating pressure. the third reg is for the pnuematics.(it just supplies air to the 3-way and the ram)

in short, yes. the foregrip on WGP cockers is a reg.

steel cant be ano'd..only spcific types of aluminum can. I have seen people take steel braided line and then put heat shrink around it to make it look cooler. basic macroline if fine though. I have had the same peice on my spyder for 2 years. never a problem.

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Yeah I was actually thinking of putting rubber tubing over the steel cable to stop it scratching to body. Good idea. That sucks about the front being a reg, it looked cool. It's no huge deal but I'd like a cool front grip, I'll keep looking.

covadsucks
02-14-2003, 05:56 PM
You can actually gut the reg and use it as a gas through grip, but it's makes for an expensive grip. Check Ebay for the WGP Ergo Reg and perhaps you can find something suitable.

I would suggest the CP foregrip -or the miniforegrip.