PDA

View Full Version : Happy V-Day everyone, I am going to go broke tonight :-(

hostage
02-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Well Happy V-Day, don't know about yall but shesh, she wants me to take her to a nice resturant, buy her flowers and candy. There goes one weekend of pballing for me. She is deffently worth it, but being a college student who plays paintball, I will be eating roman noodles or something else pretty cheap for the next bit.
-Doron

WicKeD_WaYz
02-14-2003, 12:49 PM
i hear ya...

if she doesnt want money she wants to spend the weekend with you.

"but hunny i have to practice on sundays"
"whats more important paintball or me?"

just had that convo tonight...

i have a new goal in life. Find a girlfriend as cool as the one now, WHO PAINTBALLS

hostage
02-14-2003, 12:56 PM
yeah I am going to try to get her to play tommarow :-) I hope she will like it.
-Doron

graycie
02-14-2003, 12:59 PM
first off, pretty much everything dealing with valentines day the price of it increases. all the restaurants are booked solid, florists and are mad busy, chocolate shops, and card stores are raking in all the dough. its too late this year but think about this possibility for next year.... on actual valentines day give her the card and then the weekend after valentines day take her out to the nice restaurant where its most likely not as booked and you could probably get more bang for your buck with the amount of flowers than you probably would on actual valentines day.

fire1811
02-14-2003, 01:36 PM
dude i got out of vday pretty good went to drug store to get the woman a card and they had a dozen roses
there for $15 and they where nice lookin ones too good colors and the othter girly crap on em

anyway point is a dozen rose at flower shop is like
60-70bones so hit up the drug stores
cheaper lol
and for candy i think m@m's should work :D

Thordic
02-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Vday can get expensive.

A dozen roses for $15 will be dead the next day. The ones you get at a florist will stay alive for a lot longer.

Anyway:

Dinner for two at a nice restaurant, including wine: $100 to $150

A dozen roses: $75 (1-800-Flowers has a nice arrangement for $65 plus shipping)

Some sort of nice looking jewlery to ensure she doesn't kill you: $100 to $200 unless you are really cheap or you feel (or need due to previous indiscretions) like buying something exceptional.

So you are looking at around $300 minimum for a "nice" Vday.

Being single is easier on the wallet, but then again, think about why you are spending the money and it won't seem so bad :)

fire1811
02-14-2003, 02:46 PM
ummmm roses that die the next day.....?
whats so bad about that? u already got the
nookie for em u might as well get rid of em fast.

actually they look really good just like the flower shop

TigerMan
02-14-2003, 02:53 PM
I heard many restaurants raise there prices on Valentines Day by at least 10%. Good thing for me I don't have a gf, so I don't have to spend anything, heh.

personman
02-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by TigerMan
I heard many restaurants raise there prices on Valentines Day by at least 10%. Good thing for me I don't have a gf, so I don't have to spend anything, heh.
^ Ditto. Thank the lord!