PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Magazines

Skoad
02-14-2003, 12:28 PM
I got a APG subscription for Christmas and I still haven't recieved an issue yet.

Well just today i called them up and they said the first issue I'll recieve is the May issue, and that i'll recieve that in mid-March.

Seems kind of strange since the subscription was ordered on Dec. 15th. :confused: :confused:

Anyone have recommendations on magazines to look into? I was actually thinking of writing articles for APG, since it seems i have better things to say than most of the junk they put in there (i wonder how much you get paid)

fire1811
02-14-2003, 12:45 PM
i love pgi(paintball games international)
if u play tourny's its for you

i have a few friends that work at the place that prints
apg so i have the april already and i have to tell ya things dont change much in there products that have been out for several months in there and the thing that pisses me of the most is that they constantly bash tourney players

i dont know seem kinda like more like a rec player mag to me but i dont know what u play so have at er

oh Facefull has..........AWESOME pictures and
p8nt is a good one too
those two are also pretty much tourney mags too

magnj
02-14-2003, 01:09 PM
PB2X ( paintball 2 extremes) Is awesome for tourny coverage and has lots of little pictures
Crossfire - Is ok, allot of ad's and not great article but its not terrible
APG - Ive had a cubscription fora while now and I wont renew it next year, It's way to Beginer and Rec for me, Its like 200 pages of Spyder reviews and The worst article I have ever seen(in the latest issue) "Tips for the Newbie Sniper",::shakes head::
Facefull GREAT photos, good info, bi-monthly
Paintball Sports I think thats what its called, It pretty bad

Theres alot more butthoose are the main ones
PS: APG takes along time to start the subscribtion so dont worry

fire1811
02-14-2003, 01:13 PM
hey magnj u will be pleased to know that in the issue that they just printed dont think its yet released u get the article "3 Upgrades For The Newbie Sniper" so that should help ya out some
muahahaha

magnj
02-14-2003, 01:26 PM
lol, thats it "I sugest a 14 inch barrel, aftermarket bolt that fits well, and a sight...A stock is a good idea..Full camo" And then it says not to buy 2x trigger or a revvy, Pretty much this is a step backward in paintball, Thanks APG!!!

fire1811
02-14-2003, 01:28 PM
yeah thats the one lol
dang he usually gets the mags out to me a month before there released to public that lazy aldjf;aldsjfa;lsdjf

lol
that mag just sucks i would say 90% of the articals are pointless

Skoad
02-14-2003, 01:35 PM
it's the only one i've ever read thats why im askin ya guys for opinions :)

I know its got some terrible articles, sometimes my eyes get teary because they are so dumb.

I have not every played in a tourny, if i ever get $$ i will. But I'm looking for a good overall mag covering the latest in paintball equip/games/stories/tournies.

Clare
02-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Look into PGI (Paintball Games International), fantastic magazine! Great pictures and great articles! :D

Pb2x is good, too..