PDA

View Full Version : ULE Emag questions

digitard
02-14-2003, 05:55 PM
Well I'm trying to comprise a list of "weight saving" components for my Emag. ... I love the WARP setup a LOT and now that I'm getting into tournys I wanna start dropping some ULE in there to try to drop the weight just a bit

I know that the ULE Teardrop body is coming out from AGD

What else is there for the Emag? and where would I get them in the near future?

I know of a few offhand, but looking for a list of your suggestions.

Sincerely,
Dave K

jah871
02-14-2003, 06:02 PM
if you want to keep ur current emag you could get a ULE body when they come out, ULE bodyrail and a ULE frame. down the road you mayt be able to get the xmag body kit.

LaW
02-14-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by digitard
Well I'm trying to comprise a list of "weight saving" components for my Emag. ... I love the WARP setup a LOT and now that I'm getting into tournys I wanna start dropping some ULE in there to try to drop the weight just a bit

I know that the ULE Teardrop body is coming out from AGD

What else is there for the Emag? and where would I get them in the near future?

I know of a few offhand, but looking for a list of your suggestions.

Sincerely,
Dave K

losing the halo on the warp setup... pointless if you ask me :)

AcemanPB
02-14-2003, 06:26 PM
I would PM tunaman

cledford
02-15-2003, 12:21 AM
I'm going ULE on my emag. Just got my ULE Emag rail in on Thursday and it lost A LOT of weight over the stock. They hogged that thing out so much it almost feels flimsy. I believe that Tom states on the web page (in the online store) it is 3.6 ozs lighter.

This, combined with a Xvalve (weight savings of 3ozs) gives you close to half a pound. To hit the mark precisely you might need a ULE frame - which to me looks cooler, but I don't think it shaves much weight off.

Next add the no-rise to dump the warp (I'm still not used to this idea and as a hard-core warp user this might not stay) and theres another good chunck off, until the aluminum bodies are out.

If you buy the ULE rail keep in mind 3 things:

It's unpolished and tooling marks abound - I'm not sure yet what to do about this.

It's un-finished - so anno is going to cost on top of the $80 price tag.

Don't do what I did and forget to buy the barrel bushing.

All in all, when I'm done "upgrading" the Emag I paid $995 for (got one the first Pevs got in stock when the yfirst came out) I'll have invested:

$325 Xvalve (Keeping the stainless for "insurance.")
$80 for ULE rail
$140 for ULE frame
$225 (guess on aluminum body)
$770!!! (Yikes!)

This won't include the anno :(

Oh well - it is all in good fun ;)

-Calvin

digitard
02-18-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by LaW

losing the halo on the warp setup... pointless if you ask me :)

Actually ... I put the HALO on because of 2 reasons.

1) Durability: I got tired of replacing Revvy shells ... and I really dislike the EgoII design (just personal preference).

2) Body Change: I am getting a No-Rise body for when I dont want to use the Warp or when I need to take the Warp off and the Halo is the best performance with the No-Rise and the ROF of the Emag

Sincerely,
Dave K

Tunaman
02-18-2003, 12:08 PM
140 for a ULE Frame? I would like to know where you are gonna buy that one? I think they are more like 200:confused: