PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Leaking

Remington
02-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Okay, I know there is an "official" Level 10 problem thread but I'd like to get a faster response. I'll delete the thread as soon as I can get the problem resolved. So, lets begin. My mag is set-up as follows:

[list=a]
Crossfire 68/3000 bottle with 850 output pressure
ReTro Valve
Lowest carrier(i.e. no lines or dots)
No shims
[/list=a]

Anyway, my problem is that whenever I gas up, I get this slight leak that seems to be coming from the bolt tip. Level 10 works fine(I can stick my finger in and pull it out in one piece :D ) but I would just like to get rid of the leak as it is both annoying to have to listen to and it is just a basic effiecieny problem. I have been told a couple things: 1.)It's the on/off pin and 2.)to send in the ReTro Valve to AGD(if you don't know me very well you should know that I bought the ReTro used and it came without any spacers in it and it still worked; we tried to put the smallest spacer in but it still leaked) to get the whole valve fixed up.

Okay, well that about sums it up. Any help is greatly appreciated and again I'll be deleting this problem as soon as I can get the problem fixed.

Thanks for any help,

John

nippinout
02-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Air up the gun.

Push the bolt back with something. If the leaking stops, that means that you have too many shims.

If you don't have any shims, you're out of luck! :)

I would call AGD up about the problem.

Another thing to try is to play with the field strip screw. Sometimes it helps to play with the tolerancing/slack.

EDIT:

Okay, if the leaking is continous, there is a bigger problem. The mag is a dump gun, and if there is a leak, it should stop.

If it does not, it is a valve problem. Check these things out and post back.

Good luck!

BlackVCG
02-14-2003, 06:43 PM
First thing to do:

Check the carrier o-ring fit on the bolt stem. Take the carrier out and slide it on the exposed tip of the bolt piston and check to make sure there's some o-ring friction there. It shouldn't be really sticky, but it shouldn't glide right long the piston stem with no resistance.

If you have good resistance, check the black o-ring on the carrier. Even if it looks good, replace it with one off of another carrier and be careful when putting it back in the gun. That o-ring can get torn up by the threads when putting it in the valve and most people don't look at it when trying to find a leak.

Remington
02-14-2003, 06:49 PM
I'll try that BlackVCG thanks. I'll post again when I get a chance to try it out. I'll let you know.

Remington
02-15-2003, 11:48 AM
Okay, I was able to get the carrier up to the .5(one dot no lines) and it leaks about the same as it did with the "nothing" carrier. But, I did notice that whenever I pull the trigger and hold it, the leak fades and then goes away. Personally, I have no idea if this is an improvement or not. Anyone have any ideas?

By the way I still have no shims in and am using the stock spring.

BlackVCG
02-15-2003, 03:05 PM
Try a completely new o-ring. Be sure to test fit it before you install it.

Tunaman
02-15-2003, 05:38 PM
He probably has an out of spec oring. This is the exact reason TK had to use so many carriers, as the orings CAN be VERY different sizes. Its a shame you are on the low end of the range though. Trying a new oring from your kit, or maybe another from someone else might do it. I can duke ya a couple that are proven to be up in the 1.5 category.;)

Remington
02-16-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
I can duke ya a couple that are proven to be up in the 1.5 category.;)

Haha . . . thanks Tunaman. Do you guys mean the o-ring on the back of the carrier or the black one? I tried switching the black one's and I think it may have worked but I only had about 500psi left in my tank so the sound of the leak may have lessened because of low pressure. Also, if you meant the white o-ring on the back of the carrier should I try one of the same size or a smaller one? Thanks again.

Remington
02-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Up for the night!

silenttype
02-17-2003, 09:48 PM
1 -wrong carrier
2 -to many shims
3 -back off the velocity
if backing off the velocity works and the crono reads to low ,try a different bolt spring untill you can turn up the velocity with no leaks,
I had to cut a small amount off the longest spring to get mine to work right.:D