PDA

View Full Version : 6 month curse?

halB
02-14-2003, 07:05 PM
when i was still a noob in the sport a while ago, i heard of the "six month curse" where all new markers have a 6 month period where the markers ship with problems that werent caught during beta testing. my question is, does the six month curse still apply to today?? im looking into getting an omen, but im worried bout the curse.

behemoth
02-14-2003, 07:26 PM
ummmmm.....i dont think so...and if there is...it should be covered by warrenty

FordPrefect
02-14-2003, 07:41 PM
It might, it might not. You should read some honest reviews about it, not any in APG or pbreview or anything.

And it WILL be covered by any good warranty.

Lunchboxx
02-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Personally, I'm a little paranoid when it comes to new products. In that situation, I would hold off a little and wait to hear what some people think about the item, if not try it myself.

If you're lucky enough, try to shoot one yourself, see how you like it.

Brak
02-15-2003, 01:22 AM
you should atleast read about 10 reviews and if you can shoot one yourself. ive heard about this too, and a lot of first run markers do tend to have problems. i heard BKO's had problems, bushys, some spyders, (even though they dont count becuase they suck), and some other guns do. but they are always covered by warranty, so go for it

Halliday
02-15-2003, 07:34 AM
I will almost never buy something the first year it is produced. My Beta LX is the exception :)

Cliffio
02-15-2003, 12:04 PM
*cough* *super bolt* *cough*