PDA

View Full Version : Update on my E-mag

personman
02-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Heeey... I got my HALO A for me e-mag.. I have a few questions though.. I went out to put paint through it, and I shot a hopper full and lets just say my gun was OWNED by pink paint.. It was oozing out the detent and dripping out the 'porting'. Well, I diddnt know if it was
A. The fact my level 10 had no foamie on it
B. The HALO A
C. The barrel
D. The paint (2 month old WGP seconds paint)
I put a foamie on the bolt and let it dry overnight and I took my brothers stock '97 cocker barrel (tube with no porting) that fit the paint much better.
I went out and there was just as much paint flying out the detente, but I ran out of air after about 50 paintballs..
What could be causiing it? Is it the HALO or the crappy paint? I hope its not the paint because I can get it $40 shipped off FON direct, and field paint is double that.. if its the HALO then I am gonna do the upgrade, but what color of shells should I get? Help me out here guys ;). I'm thinking its the paint but I have been seeing some breaks in the hopper (like one per 200 paintballs) and streaks of paint in the neck.. I dont know if these paintballs are high enough quality to stand up to the pressure of force feed.. but I sold me revy so I cant try that.. I might just grab a VL 200 and try it, but that might be even worse :p
Another thing that might be bad, is the level 10 config? I have it on short spring with the #1 carrier and two shims, but I think I need a smaller carrier.. I have a radar chron but I dont have any air to see how fast I'm shooting..

personman
02-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Also my battery is dead and my charger is broken and I sent it in to PTP.

Koosh
02-14-2003, 08:08 PM
Its the Halo-A...

It did it to my Old SFL al the time... when I put a revvy up there it stopped doing it...

And they make Green shells for the Halo... the B upgrade and green shells is $50 total...

Brak
02-14-2003, 08:12 PM
it's your gun, just ship it to me and everything will be fine..

its probably a combination of all of them. a bad paint-barrel match really screws you up, especially with brittl old paint, and a force-feeding loader that puts pressure on the ball probably wont help. better paint would be my suggestion

personman
02-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Well, might as well shell out the extra $20 seeing that my HALO has a broken battery door and no HALO Jewel..
What color should I get? I personally like the black one..
I was gonna go for green and chrome, but its just so hard with all these black barrels and black hoppers.. I dont want clear because you can see the blue cone and that looks rearted on a green gun.. so I guess its between black and smoke because the green doesnt look too hot (or atleast mossman's camera makes it look that way)

Nice try Brak..

TigerMan
02-14-2003, 08:21 PM
Just for black shells. My Rev on my Angel has it with the same look your going for, and it looks great.

personman
02-14-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by TigerMan
Just for black shells. My Rev on my Angel has it with the same look your going for, and it looks great.
Yea but its flat black, and halo shells are glossy :p

Oh, if its black, I might keep the shells I have, the battery door and jewel arent really worth $20 to me..

LaW
02-14-2003, 08:25 PM
did you try feeding the marker with a different loader like a revvy?> Because if you did and it was fine then you could account it to the halo just being harder on pushing the brittle paint.

TigerMan
02-14-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by personman

Yea but its flat black, and halo shells are glossy :p

Oh, if its black, I might keep the shells I have, the battery door and jewel arent really worth $20 to me.. '

Yea thats true. I'd still get black though. I don't know about you, but I couldn't have too much of one color really. If you get green, then it will look funny with anything besides green really.

personman
02-14-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by LaW
did you try feeding the marker with a different loader like a revvy?> Because if you did and it was fine then you could account it to the halo just being harder on pushing the brittle paint.
Thats what I was saying. Right now I dont have anything besides a PMI crap hopper and the HALO A.. I could see if I could use my friends reloader hopper or something, but Im going camping tommorow so its not gonna happen soon..

The new green shells for the halo are fugly, they are like turquoise.. just look at them
http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1727_350121933
My halo was jamming up too the second time I was shooting, when I turned on the hopper.. but thats easy to fix, you just shoot a ball as soon as you turn it on and it starts to work.. I hope upgrading to B is the best 30 dollars I ever spend on a loader..

Muzikman
02-14-2003, 09:05 PM
How light is your bolt? With the shorter spring the bolt can chop paint. Try the middle spring and maybe one step larger carrier. If it doesn't leak then you are golden. Also, shoot slower, see if it still breaks paint at about half speed then it's not the loader. When I had the Halo A, I had no problems at all with feeding, I did have a problem with the loader breaking paint inside it's self.

WARPED1
02-14-2003, 09:15 PM
The green does not look turquoise!You found a mutant!

WARPED1
02-14-2003, 09:17 PM
Or you got a blue one mislabled as green.

personman
02-14-2003, 09:19 PM
What do you mean how light is my bolt? All superbolt IIs are the same, I thought. I have the shorter spring but with the medium spring the bolt was hitting my finger really hard, I mean it hurt!! and with my config now, it doesnt hurt as much, but I dont blame those poor little paintballs if they are getting hit by it ;)
I could try the longer one again, except with the carrier I have in it right now and see if that doesnt hurt as much.. but I dont have air.. :p
Thats the older shells, or atleast sneaky hacker told me that...
http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1727_195943821
Thats the blue one they have

jah871
02-14-2003, 09:20 PM
it could be your detent. the halo is pushing the ball past the detent and feeding another one in and it will cause them to hit and break. i think phil had that problem. that can be solved by getting a stronger detent spring or you could sell the halo and buy an evolution 2.:)

LaW
02-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by personman
What do you mean how light is my bolt? All superbolt IIs are the same, I thought. I have the shorter spring but with the medium spring the bolt was hitting my finger really hard, I mean it hurt!! and with my config now, it doesnt hurt as much, but I dont blame those poor little paintballs if they are getting hit by it ;)
I could try the longer one again, except with the carrier I have in it right now and see if that doesnt hurt as much.. but I dont have air.. :p
Ok, the green doesnt look turquoise, it looks blue!!
Thats the older shells, or atleast sneaky hacker told me that...
http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1727_195943821
Thats the blue one they have

You have to stick your finger closer to the bolt... otherwise the bolt will still hit at the same strength as if it didn't have lvl10........

personman
02-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by LaW

You have to stick your finger closer to the bolt... otherwise the bolt will still hit at the same strength as if it didn't have lvl10........
I know that.. and I did that..

jah, why not just get it upgraded to a HALO B?

LaW
02-14-2003, 09:23 PM
honestly something is wrong if it hurts still.... I have the shortest spring and .5 carrier.... 3 shims.... can't feel it touch my finger at all....

personman
02-14-2003, 09:24 PM
I think I need a new carrier. AGD put in one whole size smaller, so its 1 now, but Im going to order the .5 and 0 and maybe the hurt will go away! :p

nuclear zombie
02-15-2003, 01:00 AM
green is nice .

Xen
02-15-2003, 08:23 AM
what spring are you using?

AcemanPB
02-15-2003, 01:59 PM
I thought the longest spring and biggest carrier that didn't leak gave you the softest setup :confused:

cledford
02-15-2003, 02:12 PM
My HALO A totally SUCKED! Words cannot describe how much paint it broke. It broke on the non-level 10 Emag (no big surprise), the Timmy (which hardly ever broke a ball before the point), and the Shocker (which is the absolute gentlest thing ever on paint - never had a break bore the A.)

I was so shocked I didn't even try to figure out the problem. Anyhow, at the IAO I got it upgraded to B for $30 bucks and now I couldn't be happier. Do yourself a fovor - get it upgraded quick - A's are crap in my book.

-Calvin

Muzikman
02-15-2003, 02:36 PM
ACE,
You are correct, Longest spring and largest carrier without a leak will give you the softest setup.

RT pRo AuToMaG
02-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by cledford
My HALO A totally SUCKED! Words cannot describe how much paint it broke. It broke on the non-level 10 Emag (no big surprise), the Timmy (which hardly ever broke a ball before the point), and the Shocker (which is the absolute gentlest thing ever on paint - never had a break bore the A.)

I was so shocked I didn't even try to figure out the problem. Anyhow, at the IAO I got it upgraded to B for $30 bucks and now I couldn't be happier. Do yourself a fovor - get it upgraded quick - A's are crap in my book.

-Calvin

i have to agree with you with this. The HALO A is the crappiest loader i've ever used. When i had mine, i actually broke paint inside of the loader! The best $30 i spent was getting my halo converted to a b. Unfortunately i don't have it anymore, but it was great when it was a b, sucked when it was an a.

Wild_Osiris
02-15-2003, 10:42 PM
note I use to own a micromag and once a had a ball shell get between the anti double feed dent and spring. so I kept feeding 1 1/2 ball at a time. That is the only time when i literally had as much paint in the gun as i shot.

sneakyhacker420
02-15-2003, 10:53 PM
yeah, odyssey used to make thoes green shells, infact, a guy at my field has a green halo b like that, but now they are turning into more of a turquoise shade of green... i've also seen them like that at my field

yeah, i agree, either black or smoke

unfortunately, odyssey has haulted production of halo's because of the stupid lawsuits from BE and were forces to stop production until further notified, thats one of the reasons why halo's are out of stock everywhere... they aren't being made!

get some different paint and click the detent in on the halo so that theres not as much pressure on the stack... also, pick up the rest of the lvl 10 parts and set it up right

personman
02-16-2003, 02:57 PM
Well I dont have a full kit so thats my problem.
Ive said it like 3 times in the thread, but I have a short spring and #1 carrier and two shims. The only other ones I have is the #2 carreir and the medium spring that came with it, but that was a worse configuration
Ima upgrade it, thanks for clearing it up, I bet thats what it is (or mostly)

Oh, and this was the first time I put paint through my gun, so it couldnt have been paint in the detent.

sneakyhacker420
02-16-2003, 07:18 PM
but your shop did put 4000 shots on the counter... some of thoes which could have been paint :eek:

personman
02-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
but your shop did put 4000 shots on the counter... some of thoes which could have been paint :eek:
Heh, it was probally from little kids (like me) asking to see the gun and pulling the trigger.. and they put level 10 in it too..