PDA

View Full Version : Chimera

behemoth
02-15-2003, 12:26 PM
A While Back, We were amazed with Chimera, the SFLII, but i was wondering...any recent shots...all the shots back then were all Work In Progress shots...thanks

kilaueakid
02-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Here is a pic of Chimera just before the start of a game at Sup Air Bowl 3 about a month ago. We took 2nd place and there is actually a cool article in the new paintball 2x about the event.

I will get a few pics tonight of chimera tonight. I am still working on some finishing touches yet with the snakeskin jewels.

Kila
Team Throttle

LaW
02-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by kilaueakid
Here is a pic of Chimera just before the start of a game at Sup Air Bowl 3 about a month ago. We took 2nd place and there is actually a cool article in the new paintball 2x about the event.

I will get a few pics tonight of chimera tonight. I am still working on some finishing touches yet with the snakeskin jewels.

Kila
Team Throttle

how does the revvy feedfor you? any feed problems

kilaueakid
02-15-2003, 11:08 PM
here are a couple more of the almost complete chimera. I was originally going to put the snakeskin in all of the milled area's, but not sure about that anymore.

Special thanks to Heather "Frymark" for the grips, switches, hall covers and other accessories.

kilaueakid
02-15-2003, 11:11 PM
about the revy....well let's just say thanks to lvl 10.

*ArKfEaR*
02-15-2003, 11:11 PM
May i recommend removing the snake skin on the valve ... it looks like crap and cut uneven.

kilaueakid
02-15-2003, 11:13 PM
other side

kilaueakid
02-15-2003, 11:18 PM
That is precisely why I stopped with the jewels....it is not glued down yet, I was planning on just leaving those area's as is and stick with the grips/switches ect.

Sinnet
02-15-2003, 11:23 PM
have any idea how much your whole setup weighs? (tank, gun, hopper)

if that's a 45/45, must be freakishly light

LaW
02-16-2003, 12:18 AM
I have seen you have a warp feed breech too. Do you ever use a warp? Does the revvy feed well enough for you? Any feed problems? I am just debating if I should go for a centerfeed setup and just ditch the warp.

paintball8869
02-16-2003, 12:41 AM
I see that you have something covering your steel braided hose. What are you using to do that? Know where I can get my hands on some? Thanks.

kilaueakid
02-16-2003, 12:50 AM
Yes I have a warpfeed breech and couple of warpfeeds. I haven't had much of a chance to use it yet in tournament play. I would not reccomend getting rid of it. They feed very fast and the best part about them is the fact that you no longer have your hopper on top of the gun. There is nothing like being able to sight down the top of your gun with no obstructions. I will get mine hooked up and get used to playing with it this spring. The revy does ok for me now, however can't keep up when I really get on the trigger. Thanks god (or TK) for lvl 10 and ace! I am going to try an eggo soon and see how I that works out.

kila

LaW
02-16-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by kilaueakid
Yes I have a warpfeed breech and couple of warpfeeds. I haven't had much of a chance to use it yet in tournament play. I would not reccomend getting rid of it. They feed very fast and the best part about them is the fact that you no longer have your hopper on top of the gun. There is nothing like being able to sight down the top of your gun with no obstructions. I will get mine hooked up and get used to playing with it this spring. The revy does ok for me now, however can't keep up when I really get on the trigger. Thanks god (or TK) for lvl 10 and ace! I am going to try an eggo soon and see how I that works out.

kila

yeah, I have been using my warp for a year or so now. I am used to it but have just recently thought about just ditching it. I think i'm just going to get two ULE bodies... one nice vert feed one and a warp body, I just want to lighten the marker up a bit.

kilaueakid
02-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Oh yeah, the hose....

it is some custom shrink tubbing I ordered with our team name on it. I had them try to put our logo on it, but it blurred out in parts. Do a search for Nelco products. I got about 90 feet of the stuff(45 feet red, 45 feet black) with our team name on it for about $90. You don't need nearly that much though. When I ordered I thought they had a minimum, but I think I was wrong. Guess our team won't be needing tubing for about 10 years!:rolleyes:

kila

PsychoBaller
02-16-2003, 04:14 AM
have a Revy on my SFL right now, Reloader Kit installed in it. I originally had a HaloB which I sold off after 2 months; it just was not worth having such a blimp on the top of the gun + top heavy against the nice SFL balance.

Reloaded Revy works fine considering I don't shoot long fast strings (400 max a game + front player). But I too have been debating about an Evo2 in the last week or so, need something another 4-6 bps faster....(at least 16ish bps ability needed in a loader)

At Rutgers Practice tommorow, I'm gonna borrow one o my teammate's Evo2s and see how it sits on the SFL lo-rise... We shall see...

-da baller