PDA

View Full Version : equations barrel system

felony
02-15-2003, 03:34 PM
hey guys..

I have been looking into a barrel system for my mag. Because I have a standard mag "breech" twist lock, some of the nicer systems are NA. The freak seems nice for every gun but the mag because the inserts dont go into the twist lock protion.

I am deciding between the JJ edge, and the Equation Barrel system. I have heard good things from both. Only problem with JJ is that they arent the size bores I really want. This isn't a big deal to me but.. The Equation @ doropaintball.com, I believe is like 100 bucks for a 10" system and 3 inserts. The link is here http://www.doropaintball.com/abi001/showdetl.cfm?&DID=520&Product_ID=2337&CATID=3'

Because I would get 87, 89, 91 sizes. And then 93 if need be, but who knows.

My only question is how does this work with the Mag's twist lock? Are the insterts special for this system and for the mag? Will I have problems, like some people with the freak and Mag setup..

Just lookin for opinions

Thanks
Dan h.

Buckwheat
02-15-2003, 07:18 PM
I have the Equation MAGic barrel system. The adaptor fits hl/hr and cf bodies. The MAGic is a MSpro system with the Mag adaptor. All of the inserts for the MSPro system are the same, Equation makes only one style of insert. The inserts go into the front of the adaptor on the Mag adaptor, my Cocker adaptor they go in the back. I like the Equation/Freak style because I just have to buy another adaptor to use the barrel on another type of marker. The Equation is a quiet barrel. They have had problems with production but seem to be getting their backorders filled now. I ordered my barrel system last August and should be getting my 3 backordered inserts next week. I cannot really tell you how accurate it is because the inserts I need I don't have yet.

felony
02-16-2003, 12:21 AM
Thanks..

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I understand that Freak, and any other insert system IE Bizerk.. The inserts dont work with the twist lock feature of mag barrels.

Does anyone have any experience with mags and insert systems?

Thanks
dan

mrhooie
02-16-2003, 03:30 AM
the equation MS system works with Right feed, centre feed and left feed.

I just became a dealer because of this feature

it's a great day for mag owners

athomas
02-17-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by felony

I understand that Freak, and any other insert system IE Bizerk.. The inserts dont work with the twist lock feature of mag barrels.

Does anyone have any experience with mags and insert systems?

Thanks
dan

Both these barrel systems work quite nicely on the mag. The inserts go in from the front and sit just ahead of the breach hole. The ball is pushed into the insert at the time it is fired just like with any other type of gun.

felony
02-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Thanks!

Smokee_2_7
02-17-2003, 01:01 PM
One of my teamates got his in this past week for his centerfeed minimag. So far, I am very impressed. Yes, the inserts do load from the front, and the barrel is the '3 inserts for 95 bux' thing- - this is the bizerk barrel price, but the design had to be modified to accomidate the mag. So, you you are really getting at MS back with a single peice front (as opposed to the 2 part, center and tip design). Overall length is a healthy 11 inches, i believe (havent measured it yet). The inserts go in only 1 way- - - one end of them is tapered into the bore to ensure no hard line/ step from the twist-lock breach area into the insert. Dont put them in backwards- - they are a huge PAIN in the but to get out.

With paint properly matched to the inserts, the gun shoots darts. I am seriously considering picking up an identical system for my twist-lock mags.

Hope this helps,

Carl

felony
02-17-2003, 04:04 PM
helps alot

the tapered end that makes a smooth entry is enticing..

where did you friend order? I am looking @ doropaintball. I think it is 90 bucks for 3 inserts..

thanks
dan

Smokee_2_7
02-17-2003, 04:41 PM
he got his through us. . . . we are the local equation distributor.

Our normal price is 95, for 3 inserts. . . any color.

Carl