PDA

View Full Version : 5 pc barrel set for the tippy 98...?

BobTheCow
02-16-2003, 12:24 AM
Hey guys, I just stumbled upon this page and was curious...does it WORK?? Secondly...would anyone BUY IT?? It's a 5 piece barrel set for the Tippmann Model 98/98 Custom. It's $125, basically the cost of the gun. I'm not sure why I'm so interested, but...I am. Also, does anybody have an experience with other Allen Paintball Products? I hadn't really heard of them until today.

FaSSt
02-16-2003, 04:26 PM
APP is a large (by paintball standards I guess) manufacturer of accessories, and they sell mostly to other paintball companies from what I understand. They also sell some retail, but their marketing is poor in this respect.

The few examples of their stuff that I have seen were all well made, if not the flashies around. Also, their products tend to be a bit expensive given that their brand is not well known by most consuners. You may have come accross items made by APP without knowing it, since, as I mentioned, they sell components to other manufacturers.

As you said, I am not sure about how logical it is to buy a barrel set that is more expensive than the marker you are putting it on.

ChucktheMAGician
02-16-2003, 04:53 PM
I'd rather have 4 backs and 1 tip, which would be the J&J set and they're $115. As for having a barrel worth more than you gun I have a freak for my 98. Well actually all I had to do was buy the 98 back because I already had a set then, but oh well. Enjoy!

PsychoBaller
02-16-2003, 05:32 PM
I have not seen APP stuff in awhile.... In past years I used to run with their huge 157 Magnum Tubes.... which held about 160rds+ each... they were nice pods hehehhe..

~da baller