PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy by volume?

1stdeadeye
02-16-2003, 01:47 AM
Talk about accuracy by volume. This mag must never miss! From the pages of PB2X:

WaRBladE
02-16-2003, 01:51 AM
That is the stupidest mod to a gun that I have seen...that could even Do not cuss. First warning. you up if it is windy (the 2 balls hitting each other going thru the air).

Jacko
02-16-2003, 02:16 AM
Hey You never know maybe it's like a chain gun and they fire seperately. But I do think it does look kind of bulky and would be a little on the heavy side. Also how do you get your hand or hands in there?

xrancid_milkx
02-16-2003, 02:46 AM
very carefully:rolleyes:

*ArKfEaR*
02-16-2003, 02:50 AM
i bet that gun shoots like crap, he needs a freak and a good paint to bore match.

Then maybe it will shoot good.

Impy-rocks
02-16-2003, 02:57 AM
1st off, it only has one frame, easy to get to also, secondly, just get paint to match those barrels, and he did say by "volume" not by single shots at a time, I bet u could easily pull 25 balls a second with that... and with a e-magnum you could get 60... think about that.

BlackVCG
02-16-2003, 04:58 AM
Wow, I see a lot of intelligence in the previous posts...

First of all, that gun has a long history. First it was regular dual Minimags, it got a few changes over the years and now it's a dual E-Mag. It's more for show than anything. The thing can fire paint, but it's not used for play. I'm amazed at how people react so quickly to things about which they have no idea.

ArthurDent
02-16-2003, 05:00 AM
hehehe I have fired a gun like that before and been in a few games with a guy who used one 90% of the time and i can tell you that they are sweet. They aren’t cost effective and they are only for the big men.... thing weights like 200 pounds with 400 balls 2valves 2 barrels and a 114 air tank. But for all those times you have had a bounce u will thank god for that extra ball. As for the balls hitting each other I never saw it happen but most of the time they land 1-2 feet from each other at a decent range

Jerhew
02-16-2003, 07:33 AM
ya
palmer has been making double barrel guns (nasty typhoons) for years...
just ask rp
they aren't ideal
heavy...ya
blow through paint and air...ya
expensive to make and thus to buy...yep
but i think it's cool anyway

Timmee
02-16-2003, 08:56 AM
Isn't that dual Minimag currently gold plated?

rehme
02-16-2003, 10:16 AM
how could the balls hit when they come out of the barrel they are both exposed to the eviorments so whatever happens to one happens to the other like wind

TheJester
02-16-2003, 10:26 AM
accuracy by volume....ABV, that's the name of the team that my local shop owner is in.

WaRBladE
02-16-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by rehme
how could the balls hit when they come out of the barrel they are both exposed to the eviorments so whatever happens to one happens to the other like wind

If they are coming out of the barrel they are next to each other for a little bit in theory...therefore if the wind is blowing perpendicular one ball will get hit and the other wont because the first ball takes most of the wind and crap. (1 ball shields the other from wind). For the most part one ball will always take more wind than the other unless the wind is blowing parallel to the balls. This means one ball will always be blown of coarse more than another in theory. This could cause one ball to be blown into the other. If he blows apart a paintball in the barrel the one-barrel will act funky spinning paint up, down, left, or right.

This is all in theory since I have never tested a double barrel marker before but it just seems to scream out problems.

FalconGuy016
02-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by WaRBladE

This is all in theory since I have never tested a double barrel marker before but it just seems to scream out problems.

but it doesnt

Koosh
02-16-2003, 12:38 PM
I REALLY don't think this guy made this gun to 'rule' the speedball feilds. I bet he could really care less if he has a bad paint to barrel match. This looks like a great little hobby and side project... something to tinker with.

I would LOVE to build one like that, even if I never use it, just to say I built an awesome paint flingen machine.

madmatt151
02-16-2003, 01:46 PM
I saw a guy in Paintball Long Island who had a crank operated dual Tippmans. INstead of a trigger he had this crank on the side of the gun which would actuate each of the two triggers liek half a second apart so the balls didn't come out at the same time. It was so cool to watch, but very bulky. This is the guy I would want behind me in any game. It threw paint non stop! Fun project!

WaRBladE
02-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Now if someone could create a 5-barrel paintball gun with a crank...a gautling gun if you will (I have heard of them on the vehicles in Scenario play). That would be a sight to see...imagine a back person having that near a flag base...No one would even want to rush with 15+ balls per second flying at you. LOL

:D

personman
02-16-2003, 03:04 PM
Now if someone could create a 5-barrel paintball gun with a crank...a gautling gun if you will (I have heard of them on the vehicles in Scenario play). That would be a sight to see...imagine a back person having that near a flag base...No one would even want to rush with 15+ balls per second flying at you. LOL

:D
First off, some people can shoot 15 bps with 1 barrel, and second off rambo preacher has, or is having a 3 barreld one built with a crank for him.. I think.. :)

WaRBladE
02-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by personman

First off, some people can shoot 15 bps with 1 barrel, and second off rambo preacher has, or is having a 3 barreld one built with a crank for him.. I think.. :)

I know that some can with a electric marker... I have a mechanical one that can get around 6-9 off a sec. (my modified hopper is supposed to feed around 13 balls per sec)

I know that the gauntling gun on the vehicle had some insane fire rate but had a special tank and hopper because it went thru paint and air like you wouldn't believe.

I also said 15+ balls per sec because the gun would be able to easily shoot that as a minimum but depending on how someone designed it would determine the maximum firing speed. (since I have not seen a multi barrel gautling gun paintball gun in person I have no idea what they are capable of)

WaRBladE
02-16-2003, 03:20 PM
http://www.tippmann.com/main/hhound/car.gif

Here is a picture of a similar vehicule with the gun.

If someone could make a smaller version that would be hand held or use a tripod that would be insane for defensive positions.

puckmaster
02-16-2003, 03:27 PM
That car is SO stupid. A guy that lives in my area builds stuff like that.(Car)

personman
02-16-2003, 03:44 PM
If someone could make a smaller version that would be hand held or use a tripod that would be insane for defensive positions.
Close enough?
http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/CW-review.htm

WaRBladE
02-16-2003, 03:49 PM
Yeah, but I was thinking more of a rotating barrel system with a crank and tripod to defend a position...kind of a scenario game gun. (simulate a war where people have heavy machine guns / gatling guns in bunkers with sand bags or other similar areas)

Klay01
02-16-2003, 09:08 PM
id use one in each hand :)

FeuerFri
02-17-2003, 12:34 AM
i wish i had a hellhound....abv at its best, a go-cart going 25-30mph, shooting what is it? 26bps?

Mr. T!
02-17-2003, 02:01 AM
That thing is damn heavy, i picked it up at WC, and couldn't imagine that thing with paint and air. Although it was pretty cool.

Crazy AGD Bastards

PsychoBaller
02-17-2003, 02:08 AM
they never actually got that thing working in the Hellhound... the gattling gun that is....

~da baller

ArthurDent
02-17-2003, 05:54 AM
Yeah, but I was thinking more of a rotating barrel system with a crank and tripod

ummm that’s pointless, the reason barrels rotate is so they don’t become too hot, paintball guns don’t really have they problem. Further more rotating barrels would only slow it down. If you want to beef it up a little replace your crank with a cordless drill and you will have a full auto paint-eating monster.