PDA

View Full Version : Tom, question about sfl'ers and x-mag users about anno

magman007
02-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Well tom, i was wondering if we decide we want to re anno, can we send them to agd and have them take care of it? id rather not play with tollerances and the like and was wondering if i could send in my sfl, if i wanted to re anno it, then have you guys take care of it? like you did with the botched xmags, when you sent them back to the annodizer to have them stripped and re annoed. IM wondering if this can be done. If so, please let us know. Or can you give us an annodizer, whom we may send to, that will not void our warrenties?

HoppysMag
02-16-2003, 06:52 PM
well they might be able to re anno it, but not for free.

magman007
02-16-2003, 07:01 PM
well yea, nothing is free, i was just wondering if they could take care of it, without voiding the warrenty, and working with the tollorances etc

dropkick1
02-16-2003, 07:24 PM
shut up bill, jk;) , how u doin.

ken

Kevmaster
02-16-2003, 07:57 PM
i know AGD is using A++ anno to do the XMags

Load SM5
02-16-2003, 08:07 PM
More than likely I'll be getting mine de-scratched and re-annoed after Mardi Gras. I'll let you know how it goes.

magman007
02-16-2003, 08:20 PM
load lmk, id like to go with you to the ano factory well send my sfl on in. what color are you planning? and dust or shiney? If agd doesnt come on through and tell me, il go with ya if thats cool. thanks

Load SM5
02-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Just re-do the shiney pewter. I have some fine scratches and a few parts to want to get annoed to match.

magman007
02-16-2003, 09:06 PM
cool, im in if thats cool with ya! that is if agd doesnt come through! where are you planin to go to?

Load SM5
02-16-2003, 09:34 PM
A buddy of mine works for Xtreme PB in Mobile Alabama. They just started in-house anodizing so I'm going to give them a shot.

magman007
02-16-2003, 10:26 PM
could that be smokee by any chance??? hehe i see his sig all the time, thats why i ask

pito189
02-16-2003, 10:28 PM
Spazzed lives here in Knoxville with me, I'm pretty sure it's not him.

The guy with the green and black logo in his signature, it who I think Load is talking about.

EDIT: thats dirty magman, you had spazzed there, don't try to change it now.:p

Load SM5
02-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by magman007
could that be smokee by any chance??? hehe i see his sig all the time, thats why i ask

That's the guy.

datapimp69
02-16-2003, 11:43 PM
anyone wanting to re anao ther x/sfl.

there is a steel insert in the body that needs to be removed.

this is not easy, involves a torch and a lot of other fun stuff.

this part can not go back in, and you need to get a new one from AGD.

i think tom said you could get extras from them, but i dont know when?

and dont even think about re anaoing you x-valve.

pito189
02-16-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by datapimp69

and dont even think about re anaoing you x-valve.

Kila reannoed his valve. Was it an X-valve or one that he made custom?

AGD
02-16-2003, 11:49 PM
The problem with getting any gun reanoed is the old ano is removed in an acid bath. This burns away the aluminum and opens up all the holes and takes metal off everything.

The main problem we have is that it opens up the threads. The biggest problem is the main washer that is threaded into the body to stop the bolt. If the threads open up it is no longer centered properly and the bolt is not centered in the breach. Now you have big problems.

Reano at your own risk, we do not do that.

AGD

cledford
02-16-2003, 11:52 PM
I'd like to know from a stock emag perspective. I've bought a ULE rail, am getting a ULE frame from Tuna and would like those 2 pieces, along with the battery pack to match. I don't want to have anything screwed up. Any suggestions on how can we get this stuff annoed/reanned without causing any problems?

Thanks,

-Calvin

magman007
02-17-2003, 12:00 AM
ok ,tom said anno at your own risk..... guess that means, im not touching it! well, guess that sux to be me, tom, when the x-bodies were at the annoer, did you cut the threads afterwards? im confused about this

Smokee_2_7
02-17-2003, 01:35 AM
Yes, thats me. Actually, there's a few of our regular customers have copied the green and black sig image- - so thats why you're seeing so much of it.

Yes, I can definitly see where tom is coming from on this. There is a very good posibility that re-annoing a SFL or X-mag could be more trouble than its worth. If anyone is interested in having it done, I would suggest that you find out a way to safely remove the washer from the body, and re-install it. As far as the threads being opened up too much, I have not seen any problems like that BUT I know that Tom knows his stuff, and how specific the tolorances are in an AGD product- - especially an integral peice like that. I may know a way to protect the threads from acid getting to them(they would never be stripped or re-annod), but I would want to test the idea out first on some old spyder threads just to make sure.

Carl