PDA

View Full Version : new NPPL rule, regarding RT valve?

gortman
02-17-2003, 02:24 AM
I cant understand if this includes RT valves? Decipher gentleman.

NPPL RULING 6.31"The definition of a trigger is the movable lever or button that comes in contact with the finger.the contact of a switch are not a trigger. A trigger pull requires an exertion of force by the finger on the trigger and a release of force by the finger on ther trigger during every firing cycle.Markers may fire at any rate of fire, and may shoot any number of paintballs, provided that it fires in semi auto or pump mode only,which means that no more than one paintball is discharged during every firing cycle."

I got this in the program of NPPLs Hunington Beach tourny.Titled No Trippy Triggers.

Thanks , and may mags be with you

LaW
02-17-2003, 02:59 AM
there are no rules that say that the rt valve is not allowed.... this is such an old rule too basically 1 shot, 1 pull.... unless the rt valve is in runaway or you have it bouncing it is not violating this rule.....

TheJester
02-17-2003, 11:02 AM
unless you have mega high input presure, or shortened your on/off pin, an rt does require effort to release the trigger, you do have to actually release it, now because it's reactive you don't have to use much force to release it, but still have to.

FalconGuy016
02-17-2003, 11:04 AM
What is bouncing?

SlartyBartFast
02-17-2003, 11:43 AM
The NPPL seriously needs someone to make the rules more readable and understandable. Hire a good writer/editor to do a pass through of the rules. (I'm a technical writer if they want my services ;) )

I think the only way that the tournament (and even rec scene) will be able to curtail all the various mods on guns is to set some mechanical limits and have a mechanical test rig.

Figure a solenoid that pulls the trigger at various speeds coupled to a microphone that counts shots. First a gun could be tested with no paint, then with paint for the chrono.