PDA

View Full Version : Better than paintball?

V-Viper
02-17-2003, 10:37 AM
I was just brosweing aimlessly on google and found this site:
http://www.battlefieldsports.com/
Its pretty much a laser tag game with a realistic twist. I found it interesting but the site makes a pretty hard effort to make it seem better than paintball. (on top of page the link vs. paintball). Just wondering what you ppl think.

Cliffio
02-17-2003, 10:48 AM
PAINTBALL RULES DUDE!!!!!!11!!1!

V-Viper
02-17-2003, 10:49 AM
yEz iT do3Z!

spazzed
02-17-2003, 10:52 AM
M4D PB SkI11Z Y0!

PB R0X0RZ!!

/me has nothing better to do than make a fool of himself.

ß.C.
02-17-2003, 11:18 AM
pizza owns pie, like paintball owns laserness

Skoad
02-17-2003, 02:22 PM
is that like a MILES gear type thing?

if so i bet it sucks :)

FeuerFri
02-17-2003, 03:07 PM
lazer tag is lame, ment for lil kids to play until they are 10 so they can move to the real game of paintball, and already have a little bit of skill developed. paintball ownz.

Skoad
02-17-2003, 03:12 PM
actually the computer something or another club here at school has a lazer tag club thing. I couldn't believe they make people sign waivers before they play it.

FooTemps
02-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Lazer skirmish = war monger game
Paintball = professional sport w/ equipment that may resemble guns.

-FronTMaN-1022
02-17-2003, 03:40 PM
if i wanted to be in the woods playing commando, id be playing airsoft, not paintball or lazergey.

Mgwannabie
02-17-2003, 04:09 PM
yeah it looks kinda cool, but if ur not able to feel some pain whats stoping u from just doing dumb things like running into a bunker of 10 peeps and taking them all out, u will have almost no fear so it will change the game a lot BAD!

skife
02-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Yay....lets shoot at each other with beams of light! I used to play lazer tag, But thats when i was 10 and a set (2 guns/packs) didn't cost $400! i mean that is unreal, why would anyone pay $400 for a gun that shoots beams of light? :rolleyes:

spantol
02-17-2003, 07:17 PM
One of the more interesting points made on that site is that the Scout Association prohibits its members from playing paintball. Some cursory googling shows that this is because such activities "are based on pointing and shooting a loaded weapon at a person." I couldn't find a similar prohibition on squirt guns, though.

I'm thinking this is a golden PR opportunity.

BobTheCow
02-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by skife
Yay....lets shoot at each other with beams of light! I used to play lazer tag, But thats when i was 10 and a set (2 guns/packs) didn't cost $400! i mean that is unreal, why would anyone pay $400 for a gun that shoots beams of light? :rolleyes:
yeah, but then SOME people (not me) could turn around and say "how could you spend $1500 on some crap to shoot globs of paint at eachother??"
(my dad would definitely say that if I ever spent much, he already does now!!)

RT pRo AuToMaG
02-17-2003, 08:05 PM
lazer tag=paintball for pussies

Blazingace
02-17-2003, 08:29 PM
First there was Paintball and then there was........UUUUUMMMMMM nothing. I mean laser tag is all right but hands down PB tops it.

aint_got_no_nubbinz
02-17-2003, 08:29 PM
i totally agree with mgwannabie on this one.

soaklord
02-17-2003, 08:34 PM
OK,I am not a masochist, but part of the fun of paintball is the pain. There is an accountability to playing poorly, paintballs sting. With a lasertag game, if you are not committed to the "reality" of a hit, then there is not accountability. One of my best games was taking about eighteen shots as I was the last guy left in a rec ball game and refused to surrender. Some of those guys were firing HOT and some of the bruises took weeks to go away, but isn't that the point? I wouldn't have any idea how many beams of light I had been hit by in a laser tag game and it wouldn't have meant anything to the guys who shot me to have one more kill, as I am sure that only one registers the kill. Paintball definitely. Better team building, better fun, better accountability.

FutureMagOwner
02-17-2003, 08:54 PM
g07 1337?

WaRBladE
02-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Another thing is supressive fire or cover fire wouldn't do ****... you couldn't tell if someone was firing at you other than sounds of *zap zap zap* in the distance. In paintball you can see the balls flying at you and hear the impacts around you.

Team work would go to hell without supressive fire or squads guarding each other to advance.

This sport is either designed for pussies, kids under 10 (who would do better off with those cheap laser tag kits with 2 guns ect.), or both.

I am in college and wouldn't even think twice about not ever wanting to play that sport / game.

TheJester
02-18-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by FeuerFri
lazer tag is lame, ment for lil kids to play until they are 10 so they can move to the real game of paintball, and already have a little bit of skill developed. paintball ownz.

i agree, lazer tag is week, there's nothing to make you not want to get hit except a beep. how much doe s abeep hurt? a paintball at least hurts enough that you're gonna be semi smart about it and not want to get hit by 1 if you can help it.