PDA

View Full Version : NPPL/PSP/X-ball

pito189
02-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Which do you guys think will make it the most this year? From what I have been reading, and the pictures I've seen. The NPPL at Hunnington beach is going to be tough to beat.

Just thought I would ask everyone else.

magmonkey
02-17-2003, 02:35 PM
I still think the NPPL is where it's at
but there will be alot of talk of xball this season

pito189
02-17-2003, 02:39 PM
I wonder if one series will bite the dust, or if they all will continue.

spazzed
02-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Good question Pito... I think they'll all be around for awhile, but eventually, one will outshine the other.. and the "lesser" will either crumble & fall, or be absorbed into the other.. Ironic, eh? :)

pito189
02-17-2003, 03:06 PM
I think it would be better for us players if they are separate, but it divides the teams, and the manufacturers.

One of complaints of HB, was that some of the major companies weren't there.

leopardhead
04-15-2003, 07:37 PM
I know it was on another thread (can't find it) that I promised to post pix but here they are

they aren't great
http://www.spplatattack.com/images/pbpix/nppl4.JPG http://www.spplatattack.com/images/pbpix/nppl3.JPG http://www.spplatattack.com/images/pbpix/nppl1.JPG

WARPED1
04-15-2003, 07:53 PM
I'd like to see XBall dominating as it's more spectator friendly, but it looks klike NPPL super 7 is where it's at.

TheJester
04-15-2003, 08:03 PM
I actually like the idea of x-ball

rtslave
04-15-2003, 11:31 PM
I went to the NPPL in Vegas and it was awesome.. It was the first big time tourny. I'd ever been to, so I don't know what else to compare it to. From what I saw it would have been perfect for TV, quick games, alot of games a ton of hot chicks, in general a great time.. AGD Lions didn't do to well, but it was cool to see them play.

EsabaMag
04-15-2003, 11:38 PM
i like the connect of xball about bring the sport out into the open readly available for people to watch.. would attrack alot of great publicity for out sport. i would love to see both NPPL/& XBALL do awsome this year.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-16-2003, 01:05 AM
I'll be at the PSP-Las Vegas at the beginning of next month so we'll see. The PSP-La wasn't bad..it wasn't great...but it wasn't bad...Vegas is a nice town so who knows...

Jonesie
04-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by pito189
I think it would be better for us players if they are separate, but it divides the teams, and the manufacturers.

One of complaints of HB, was that some of the major companies weren't there.

At the same time, there were a lot of complaints that some of the major companies were not at MGO as well. I hear that X-Ball is crazy expensive, entry fee wise. Not to mention the increased Paint and Air expenses.

As cool as X-Ball is, and I have had the chance to see it first hand, I think the economics take us back to Super7. However, I do like the spectator friendliness that X-Ball lends to the mix.

Later ~ Dave

dmonahan
04-16-2003, 11:09 AM
I played the Huntington NPPL and got a chance to watch the PSP event in Pamona. X-ball is O.K. But I got bored after 2-3 games. They are very fast and they get repetitious. The player always go to the same bunkers and make the same moves. When I had the chance to watch Some Super 7 games what I noticed was they are also fast and with the different fields there was some variety. They also did not stall like 10 man games. Just my thoughts

Darren