PDA

View Full Version : Mag Almost Lopped Off My Finger Tip.

BTAutoMag
02-17-2003, 01:10 PM
Well i'm trading one of my mags for a cocker and before i send out anything i always check to make sure its working and all. well i gassed it up and heard a leak. i do as i usualy do and rub my finger around the places hwere it could leak to hear for a change in the tone of the leak. no changes. so i stick my finger in the breach (i have no problem with this anymore since my lvl10 but i had clean forgetten about valves without lvl 10) and the mag slips from my grip a little so i quickly grab it accedently squesing the trigger. at first it felt like i did loose a finger and it was bleeding. i didnt look but immediatly bandaged it up and walked to the bathroom. met my mom who was running up the stairs to investigat the rather loud yelp that came from my room to find my hand in a bloody shirt.

i checked and it was ok. just a really big blood blister and a sizable cut. ive DEFINATLY learned my lesson about sticking my finger into strange places

Remington
02-17-2003, 01:23 PM
:D :) Haha . . . look what the Level 10 has done to our minds; we are corrupt! :D Glad you still have your finger.

Cliffio
02-17-2003, 01:26 PM
wow

that would have been bad

good think your ok

dont do it again dummy:)

Cliff

jayel579
02-17-2003, 01:30 PM
that guy with his tongue was daring enough for me, i dont need to try anything like that. as long as you still got that middle finger, so you can still shot and fick the guy off that shots you out....lol

Cliffio
02-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by jayel579
that guy with his tongue was daring enough for me

lol, that guy is tom kay
aka. mr. agd

spazzed
02-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio

lol, that guy is tom kay
aka. mr. agd

We playing short-handed w/ the grammar today, Cliff? ;)

Cliffio
02-17-2003, 01:50 PM
haha, gimma a break

ive got 6 classes today

:)

Cliff

Miscue
02-17-2003, 02:04 PM
There are certain things you should never stick your finger into...

dropkick1
02-17-2003, 02:09 PM
your bad,;) haha, jk.

ken

Skoad
02-17-2003, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty sure the marker has a !!!!!!!!!!SAFETY!!!!!!!!!! on it.

rdb123
02-17-2003, 02:56 PM
What's funny is that my Level10 SFL nearly lopped my finger off a few weeks ago too. >=(

-Ron

Dayspring
02-17-2003, 03:32 PM
That's what you get for playing with the gun with the safety off. Unless you're actually shooting at something, it should be safe. That's just gun safety for you. Serves you right. (Glad the finger's ok though)

Originally posted by BTAutoMag
Well i'm trading one of my mags for a cocker and before i send out anything i always check to make sure its working and all. well i gassed it up and heard a leak. i do as i usualy do and rub my finger around the places hwere it could leak to hear for a change in the tone of the leak. no changes. so i stick my finger in the breach (i have no problem with this anymore since my lvl10 but i had clean forgetten about valves without lvl 10) and the mag slips from my grip a little so i quickly grab it accedently squesing the trigger. at first it felt like i did loose a finger and it was bleeding. i didnt look but immediatly bandaged it up and walked to the bathroom. met my mom who was running up the stairs to investigat the rather loud yelp that came from my room to find my hand in a bloody shirt.

i checked and it was ok. just a really big blood blister and a sizable cut. ive DEFINATLY learned my lesson about sticking my finger into strange places

*ArKfEaR*
02-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Shows how good LV. 10 works :rolleyes: (cough) (cough)

now you know how paintballs feel.

personman
02-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*
Shows how good LV. 10 works :rolleyes: (cough) (cough)
eh? he said it was a level 7 mag.. level 10 is awesome..
Hope your fingers ok bro..

Cliffio
02-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by rdb123
What's funny is that my Level10 SFL nearly lopped my finger off a few weeks ago too. >=(

-Ron

rdb123
02-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Yep, cut it when it slammed my finger back against the breach. =\

EDIT: Maybe AGD should put out a warning on their Level10 kits not to try to stick your tongue or something in the breach because some kids will actually try that.

-Ron

RoadDawg
02-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Glad to hear your finger is still attached. Would of been pretty gross to see a finger tip shoot out the barrel. Next time you'll think twice won't ya. :)

swamprat33
02-17-2003, 04:35 PM
I don't care how good level 10 is, I always test it with a pencil with an eraser.

No way would I put a finger in there......PLAY SAFE

SampsonFBC
02-17-2003, 06:49 PM
Yep, cut it when it slammed my finger back against the breach. =\

EDIT: Maybe AGD should put out a warning on their Level10 kits not to try to stick your tongue or something in the breach because some kids will actually try that.

-Ron

Where was your finger at? If it's so far away from the bolt then the gun will fire as normal.

rdb123
02-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by SampsonFBC

Where was your finger at? If it's so far away from the bolt then the gun will fire as normal.

I put my finger in sideways so the side of my finger was right up against the bolt. I pulled the trigger and it immediately slammed my finger up against the opposite end of the breach. =\

Good thing I didn't try my tongue; I find it weird that that happened because I had AGD install and tune the Level10 for me.

BTAutoMag
02-17-2003, 08:31 PM
well my finger is ok, just murts a little.

yes i know full well not stick my finger into strange places.

yes the saftey was on, and i now dont trust my saftey

Blazingace
02-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Yeah the whole Lvl 10 thing got me too. I was playing with my Vision Imp and I stuck my finger in with the vision on and it didn't fire. I then covered the eye with my finger and it suprised the hell outa me. hurt but didn't cut. Certainly not Lvl 10.

SampsonFBC
02-17-2003, 09:08 PM

I put my finger in sideways so the side of my finger was right up against the bolt. I pulled the trigger and it immediately slammed my finger up against the opposite end of the breach. =\

Good thing I didn't try my tongue; I find it weird that that happened because I had AGD install and tune the Level10 for me.

Strange. I installed mine and it's really light. Maybe you should adjust yours?

WaRBladE
02-17-2003, 09:16 PM
The longer the spring the less force the piston will have. Also the amount of shims adjust how far the piston goes forward before venting if there is a ball only partially in the chamber.

One time at band camp I stuck my finger... ;)

FooTemps
02-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Weird, I stuck my finger in a level 10 rt pro and the thing barely even moved.

rdb123
02-17-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by SampsonFBC

Strange. I installed mine and it's really light. Maybe you should adjust yours?

I'll give it a try later. Light enough that you can stick the rolled up dollar bill in there? hehe I want mine that light. =)

-Ron

cris8762
02-18-2003, 11:45 PM
the following 2 pics are ripped from vegeta:

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=426023

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=426026

sneakyhacker420
02-19-2003, 12:22 AM
well... it showed that the level 7 bolt IS truly capable of shooting without chopping balls (stainless steel balls that is)

well, you still have your finger, which is a good thing

just be lucky you aren't the kid that cut off 3/4 of his thumb in industrial tech. today on the router table :eek: