PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have an angel and an e-mag? If so, what gets used more

magman007
02-17-2003, 01:49 PM
As the title states, how many of you use an angel and an e-mag? ive always wondered this.

Ive found my self wanting an angel more and more, and im not sure why, but if you have both, which sees more playing time? thanks for your time

Peach
02-17-2003, 02:04 PM
I voted, but do not personaly own an angel but a guy at the field I goto does, and also has an emag. He likes the e-mag more.

Cliffio
02-17-2003, 02:15 PM
now magman, you KNOW whats gonna happen, everybody and their mom is gonna vote for the mag even tho im SURE more than half dont own an angel

but thats ok:)

Cliff

FutureMagOwner
02-17-2003, 02:18 PM
i own a rat impulse and emag which is a similar sitiation so i figured id give my 2 cents. i personally alternate between each every time i play or switch in mid day however my emag will most likely get use more until my halo a gets upgraded to b because right now my impulse is a chop o matic

irbodden
02-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Never owned both at the same time, but I'd go with the Angel. Not a fan of the E-Mags for some reason.

I'd go RTPro over E-Mag honestly...

Blaster
02-17-2003, 02:35 PM
I own both. Personally I use my E-mag all the time. However my angel sees just as much use because someone on my team is always using it. I bought the Angel as a back-up for my E-mag but it's always a primary for someone else.

darklord
02-17-2003, 02:36 PM
Depends on what kind of angel, really, and my mood. I only own an e-mag, so, I'm not going to vote, but if I had a 2k3 LCD or something in addition to me e-mag, I'd think they'd both get equal playing time. I've actually been considering an angel for a 2nd marker if I get enough money together.

EsPo
02-17-2003, 03:12 PM
<--- never seen an emag in real life :(

devildog
02-17-2003, 03:25 PM
back when i had just my emag and angel, i used the angel more, but i dont use either, i have a new cocker and my eblade is soon to come :D

2000Sabre
02-17-2003, 03:32 PM
I owned an SLF E-Mag and an Angel IR3. I sold my SFL so I liked the Angel better. The main reason was I had a lot of problems breaking paint with the E-Mag (prior to lvl 10) and never seem to make it work the way I wanted. I bought the IR3 out of frustration with the SFL and kept it because I like the trigger better on and I also like the adjustable features that the Angel has.

Phil
02-17-2003, 03:44 PM
I shot an E-Mag for about a year and a half now. I bought a C&C IR3 about 3 weeks ago. My E-Mag is for sale. The angel completely blows away my e-mag. The rate of fire is nice and it is very easy to rip on the trigger. It is ergonomically designed and just plain feels good in your hands. It has a freaking on/off switch and I dont have to partially disassemble the gun to charge the battery. COPS works beautifully. The intellifeed is nice. The guns battery powers the revy so no more 9v's. The intellifeed is built into the gun so no jury riggin and wires comming out of the gripframe. This is just an all around awesome gun.

devildog
02-17-2003, 03:50 PM
hey phil, im also in pensacola, where you at?

Phil
02-17-2003, 03:59 PM
I am at home. Where are you at? :D

Seriously, if you would like some info on where to play in the area take a look at www.pensacolapaintball.com Check the forums for games.

Tack
02-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Fore some reasion every time I try to vote on a poll lately it won't allow me to. However, I own a 2K C&C Angel and a Chrome Bodied Emag. Since I got the E-Mag I have almost never used my Angel. It is still a great gun, but for between the two I just love the way the Mag feels and how fast it shoots. I can walk the trigger to about 14/s while I can only get about 12 on my Angel.

joker4hire
02-17-2003, 04:34 PM
I voted Angel..

I had both a first Gen Emag, and a 2k1 C&C LCD... The frist Gen Emag was just heavier and had much more kick than my Angel. I haven't shot the new AGD stuff yet though... Havn't shot the new WDP stuff yet either :)

Mr. T!
02-17-2003, 05:54 PM
I agree with phil on all of the reasons to go with angel over emag.

My story:

Bought 2k dark lcd, then traded it for an emag with emagnum about 4 1/2 months later. Got emag: heavy as hell, somewhat uncomfortable ot hold, didn't balance well, and shot at an ungodly high pressure. Then my emagnum board fried, i said to hell with it, and sold it. Bought a fly ir3 with cops 2, soooo much happier with it than my emag. The ir3 is such a great all around gun, everything is thouht out and the build quality to it is very very good (intella feed, internal ACE, change settings with a pda, etc). IMO, angels are all around better guns.

Thanks

SyntaxError
02-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by irbodden

I'd go RTPro over E-Mag honestly...

Good call, the RT trigger is just so much nicer to shoot, not to mention that I now have the rep of "old school baller" around Rexplex cuz of the RT:D

Angel/Matrix and RT...if you have one of each, you'll never go wrong!

SlipknotX556
02-17-2003, 07:58 PM
I dont own an angel (yet), but since my emag has be given me problems, all iv wanted to do, is get an angel. So I just decided to get one, this summer.

veteranmag
02-18-2003, 04:38 PM
Owned a stock E-mag. Shooting performance was very good, velocity fluctuations were non-existent, but bad ergonomics - felt heavy, unbalanced poor flat grips, and battery would not hold its charge after a week. Sold it, waiting to get a ULE E-mag.

Have a stock 2002 Angel. Very compact, light and comfortable. Performance was lukewarm, but found that it is likely due to poor quality control out of the factory - fried board, leaking ram, not tuned properly. Sent it to Angel Guy for a full tune up. Feels much better, waiting for spring for field trials.

CoolGSak
02-18-2003, 05:03 PM
I have tried many mags of all different size and shapes, but none of them will ever compare to an Angel in my opinion. I would choose my IR3 over any mag in a heartbeat...Angel all the way.

digitard
02-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by SyntaxError

Good call, the RT trigger is just so much nicer to shoot

Ahhh, but there's the flaw ..lol.. I flick the switch on my Emag and "blammo" ... I have an RT trigger with smoother return/etc to it .... then if I want I can just remove the battery and "happy" .. pure RT (again with the smooth magnetic return) ... still got the RT packaged into the Emag :)

Sincerely,
Dave

magsRus
02-18-2003, 08:34 PM
Yeah Cliffo said probaly the smartest thing.

ringmasta187
02-18-2003, 10:01 PM
Even though i dont have an angel my 2 team mates just bought brand new ir3's. I myself own a micro emag with level 10. Now i thought to myself wow these things (ir3) are gonna rock, well they should being they cost 1400$. Now i will admit the milling was cool and they were extemely light (compared to my nickle plated mag). But as for performance, it was less then expected. In no way was it any better then my mag, and even suffered in comparison to range. I couldnt shoot it fast either because of the weird trigger design, but that was prolly preference ( i just love magnetic triggers, they are hella short). As for the 90 degree grip, it dosnt really help any being the tank is attached to the bottom of it, preventing it from being held in the matter it was designed for. Now it does have a lot of settings if your into that kind of thing but no matter what setting u put it on u cant stick your finger in the breech and fire away. The angel is more effecient (not by much) but who cares u get free air with your field fee. So my vote goes to the mag, (its easier to fix too)

the123
02-19-2003, 01:08 AM
I'd like to vote e-mag. But since I have an IR3 now, I need to learn the IR3 trigger and make it become part of me like my e-mag was. So far, with the 4 outings i've had with my IR3, i'd say the E-mag would get used more if I didn't have to shoot the IR3.

paint magnet
02-19-2003, 09:29 AM
I'd say it's like this:
The Angel is like the Land Rover of paintguns, one of the best for sure, along with the class. Very reliable and lots of features.

The Emag is more like a Humvee. It's heavier, not as pretty and doesn't have all the nice features. However, it is still reliable and just as capable.

I say it's a preference. I love my .68 Automag. I love all the Emag's I've shot. I wouldn't take a stock emag over my Angel, I would take an Xmag though...Like I say, I think its just a preference.

who_311
02-21-2003, 12:37 AM
Yippy emag