PDA

View Full Version : oil

striker63
02-17-2003, 02:15 PM
I have an automag and no place around here to buy paintball supplies my question is if there is anouther type of oil i can use on my marker than autolube??? what types of oil will work????

Dayspring
02-17-2003, 03:14 PM
KC Trouble Free will work. Gold Cup will work. Any oil made for paintball markers will realistically work. KC, however, is just better quality.

Put 3 drops or so into your airline, gas it up and fire about 20 shots w/o your barrel. You're then ready to go. (However, with Level 10, I've noticed that in the cold, it likes to remain oiled so I would drop an additional 1-2 drops in the airline after every tank change.)

silenttype
02-17-2003, 09:52 PM
U must have a walmart ,check there.

athomas
02-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Any good quality air tool oil will work fine.

BlackVCG
02-18-2003, 01:42 PM
KC oil is the only oil designed for paintball. Do NOT buy bargain oils that you find at Walmart. In the time that I've used KC oils, I've yet to replace an o-ring.

silenttype
02-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Walmart has a selection of paintball products,I didnt mean grab a quart of 10w40

Kevmaster
02-18-2003, 04:49 PM
I actaully STRONGLY recommend Automatic Transmission Fluid. We use it on ALL the rentals at the filed and they always seem to be working. Its the best oil ive found. It not only lubricates, but it rebuilds orings. yes, if you have a small leak in an oring, it will rebuild it and seal the leak. Great fix in a catch when you notice youre leaking the night before the tourny. pop the oring in a cup of ATF overniht and put her in the next morning. youlll be set. Even better, it costs $3.00 for a quart at ANY WalMart, AutoZone, etc. its great, great stuff. ive used it for 2+ years after using PMI, KC, Autolube, Gold Cup and others. Theres nothing that compares with ATF

silenttype
02-18-2003, 05:54 PM
WOW thats different ,ill have to try that.did u find this by accident?:D

striker63
02-18-2003, 10:07 PM
WOW what a lot of ideas;) I will have to mull over what to do I live in a small town in mississippi so there is not a lot of places around here to get stuff for my automag I have to get what I need online got a game coming up soon so have to get cracking:cool:

IcantBelieveit
02-18-2003, 10:33 PM
ATF now that intresting, very intresting