PDA

View Full Version : Trigger not engaging...

c sherer
02-17-2003, 05:32 PM
This weekend had a sporadic issue with the intelliframe trigger not engaging with the on/off pin in the xvalve.
I could eventually get it working after a few tries of working the trigger. almost seemed like the pressure inside the valve decreased enough that the pin was not pushed out far enough for the sear to engage it.

I have yet to take the valve apart to see "whats up", but wanted to pose a question to the gurus:

Only change I made since last time it worked flawlessly is I changed from the smallest spring to the middle spring
and
removed the safety from the intelly. (don't ask why - i hate darned safetys. I hit it once in a game on the breakout and was not able to fire. have removed every safety on every gun i own since.)

Anyway, some theorys.
Could the spring change cause this?
Could removing the safety alter the trigger position somehow to allow the internal charge to drop enough to cause this?
also occurred to me that if the sear was not firmly set into the bottom of the rail, it could change the angle of the sear position and cause an issue here.

Has anyone else encountered this? Did a search but didn't find this specific issue anywhere.

C

athomas
02-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Definately check the sear placement.
Removing the safety wouldn't change the operation.

Did you increase your velocity when you moved up to the longer spring? If you didn't, your gun won't fire when you pull the trigger. The trigger should still engage the on/off pin though.

Check that everything is tight and in the right place first.