PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve is it worth it?

Gijim
02-17-2003, 08:01 PM
I'm debating on getting an Xvalve, I currently have a classic valve. I'm curious to hear the reasons to spend $200 on one, so list all the reasons you like it and try to convince me:D

Skoad
02-17-2003, 08:04 PM
You know what would be cool? If people who were going to trade in their retro valve to get and x-valve, would help us classic valve guys out by swapping classic for retro, then they could send off the classic and still get the same discount off the x-valve.

BlackVCG
02-17-2003, 08:04 PM
Yes. It shoots faster, it's more consistent at high speeds and it's a bit lighter than your valve. That's pretty much it.

It really comes down to ROF. If you don't need that, then there isn't much need for the X-Valve.

darklord
02-17-2003, 08:10 PM
Yes, buy one if you have the cash.

No shootdown, fast recharge, reactive trigger, and of course, level 10 stock. So what you're getting is a lighter valve, higher ROF, and a reliable mechanical anti-chop system.

Gijim
02-17-2003, 08:10 PM
How does it shoot faster? Thats where I get confused, not sure how it would help. That is something I would like from my mag.

darklord
02-17-2003, 08:15 PM
The reactive trigger is best explained thusly: if you pull the trigger with 1lb of force, the valve will push it back with 2lbs. So basically, the trigger is returned at a higher rate than normal, meaning, you can achieve higher rates of fire.

Gijim
02-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Thanks, that helps. By the way you all post answers fast, its just amazing:)

ckyguy
02-17-2003, 08:58 PM
it also shoots faster by being able to recharge 7x (i think thats how many x) faster than the classic valve making it possible to propel more bps

BajaBoy
02-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by ckyguy
it also shoots faster by being able to recharge 7x (i think thats how many x) faster than the classic valve making it possible to propel more bps

i think it was 5.. but i could be wrong

Kevmaster
02-18-2003, 11:53 AM
it can do 26 without shootdown, the classic can do 16...its not even 2x

SlartyBartFast
02-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
You know what would be cool? If people who were going to trade in their retro valve to get and x-valve, would help us classic valve guys out by swapping classic for retro, then they could send off the classic and still get the same discount off the x-valve.

Sounds like a great idea. Not sure AGD would be too happy, but how could they stop you?

Either individuals need to organise separately, or someone could act as a go-between and set up the trades.

To make it worth the while for the guys with the retros, sweeten the deal and offer them a classic+cash deal for the retro. THey would then get their Xvalve even cheaper...

SlartyBartFast
02-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Another thought though....

All those poor classic valves that are being melted down when they could have found a good home.

:(

thecavemankevin
02-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by SlartyBartFast

All those poor classic valves that are being melted down when they could have found a good home.

AGD is taking them out of circulation when you turn one in on an x-valve. Similar in the way that the treasury dept does with old money. AGD does this to cut down on future warrenty work as the valves get older, plus to propel the sales of the "newest thing." This way, when someone sees that you have an X-valve, they can say, "i need one too." And they will spend atleast 225 w/turn in of their valve to get one.

Ps. My x-valve will be ordered in a month or two :)

cheetah256
02-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin

AGD is taking them out of circulation when you turn one in on an x-valve. Similar in the way that the treasury dept does with old money. AGD does this to cut down on future warrenty work as the valves get older, plus to propel the sales of the "newest thing." This way, when someone sees that you have an X-valve, they can say, "i need one too." And they will spend atleast 225 w/turn in of their valve to get one.

hehe...they'll never get my valve!!! mainly because xvalves don't fit in classic RT's : )

TheJester
02-18-2003, 02:14 PM
they are so worth it, you can check mine out in my sig link, so 1 word....yes

Originally posted by SlartyBartFast

no they don't, there was a thread a little while ago, and Tom says he feeds them to the elves

petefol
02-18-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
you may be able to do that, try posting in the classifieds. you may have better luck tho if you offer 100$ snce thats half the cost of the trade in.

SlartyBartFast
02-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by TheJester
no they don't, there was a thread a little while ago, and Tom says he feeds them to the elves

Feed the stars to the elves. I'll take the valves.:D

WaRBladE
02-18-2003, 05:25 PM
I would rather pay 100 bucks more and keep my 68Automag A.I.R. Vavle...just incase my X-valve hiccuped and needed to be fixed.

(My 68Automag valve has been through so much with me)

I only wish I could buy the X-valve without lvl 10 and save money. I bought that damn 70-80 buck upgrade for lvl 10 kit already. :mad:

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
02-18-2003, 05:48 PM
I just upgraded from a classic valve to a x-valve. In short, GET THE X-VALVE! I was shooting faster, more consistent groupings, and best of all NO SHOOTDOWN what-so-ever!!! The reactive trigger is amazing when compared to the classic trigger. I also got a intelliframe at the same time, which is defintely a recommendation to get.

rdb123
02-18-2003, 09:13 PM
The only bad thing I see with melting down those classic valves is that it alienates those CO2 users; how are they going to use a mag with CO2 if all that's out there are retro's and x's?

-Ron

Peach
02-18-2003, 09:34 PM
Get a regular Retro valve and keep your classic valve as a backup. You can buy a used one for around 180... Just make sure it has all the right parts... then you can get the lvl x

Gijim
02-19-2003, 03:32 AM
That is another consideration, I already have the level 10 bolt so I would have to find a way to sell it since I don't need 2:p Thanks for all the replys, looks like I'll be getting an xvalve, by the way anyone want to buy a level 10 kit?:D