PDA

View Full Version : pistol grip

Mrmacdude
02-18-2003, 09:05 AM
why do mags come with that blasted pistol grip? i hate it, and the first thing anyone does is replace it!!!!

TheJester
02-18-2003, 09:31 AM
why is it that everything you order comes in a brown box? they just do

Blennidae
02-18-2003, 09:39 AM
Just out of curiosity, what do you expect to be there?

Doesn't EVERY modern paintball gun come with a pistol grip of some type?

edweird
02-18-2003, 09:47 AM
Nah he prolly wants a shotgun stock on it so he can hang it on the gun rack with the rest of his varmit-guns.

Mrmacdude
02-18-2003, 09:49 AM
isnt the standard grip on a minimag called a pistol grip? and, a benchmark frame, for example is called a .45 grip? correct me if im wrong

FalconGuy016
02-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Its probably called that cause the thing is so old, it may have sounded like a feature 10 years ago when you say "pistol grip"

Yes, its not a good frame, but its what comes stock. If you had another frame on it, the gun would just be more expensive

Peach
02-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Some people never upgrade to an I-frame or another grip for that matter... Adding another 75 dollars onto retail would be a wallet buster for most first timers. If it had been over 400 dollars when I went to buy my first gun, it was way over my price range. After that, paintball grows on you and there is an odd urge to spend ALL your money on it... Now there is nothing left to do :(

Mrmacdude
02-18-2003, 10:25 AM
ah, never thought of the price thing. But wouldnt it be only, 30ish dollars more? there are decent frames out there for 50, and coming WITH the gun, oh well.

cheetah256
02-18-2003, 12:51 PM
except that AGD doesn't make those ones. unless it was a benchmark, they'd be voiding their own warranty before it left the factory =\

FalconGuy016
02-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Many people would prefer a stock frame over benchmark anyways

Probably back in the day the stock frame was pretty cool

magman007
02-18-2003, 01:03 PM
bah, actually the stock frame is supurb, it has the shortest pull available for a mag frame. what do you think about that huh? the intelliframe isnt even that short.

Also, it is durable, it can hold a mazda miata up. IM not quite seing your complaint here, you dont like it being carbonb fiber? you dont like it single triggered? It used to be metal mind you, and you can still purchase the old metal frames.

Also, the upgrading of the frame, is one thing mag users can really do! as you know, there arent that many upgrades for us, and the intelliframe is a big one

Thordic
02-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Its actually an M16 grip, which would make it a RIFLE grip, not a pistol grip :)

A 45 frame would be a pistol grip :)

pbguy888
02-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by cheetah256
except that AGD doesn't make those ones. unless it was a benchmark, they'd be voiding their own warranty before it left the factory =\

I thought benchy's and I frame's where the 2 that didnt void it?

And wow , strong :D

cheetah256
02-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by pbguy888

I thought benchy's and I frame's where the 2 that didnt void it?

And wow , strong :D

yes. i don't know what frame he's thinking of, which is why i pointed that out...most people really don't like benchmark frames.

Jack & Coke
02-18-2003, 01:54 PM
Did you know...

The "old skool" automag frame is based on the "old skool" autococker frame... which in turn is based on the "old skool" Sheridan PGP frame.

...Autococker/Automag .45 frame:

Since the original WGP grip frame was based off of the Sheridan frame (and AGD later used the WGP frame on the Automag) with a little work an Autococker or Automag frame (stock or .45) can be adapted to work on the PGP...

http://www.stockclasspaintball.com/images/markers/pgp.jpg

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:0G0uMXDideYC:femmesfatales.org/diagrams/cockerdia.jpg

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/markers/classic_std_med.JPG

:)

Hexis
02-18-2003, 04:04 PM
RTPros are Mags, and they come standard with an I-Frame.

Mrmacdude
02-18-2003, 10:19 PM
alright, i agree with alotta you, and you make valid points. I just think it would be good to offer the benchmark instead of the stock grip for like 30 bucks more. I also see why this WOULDNT be good. but you know, thats why you ask questions!

Hexis
02-18-2003, 10:49 PM
The only logical option to include a Benchmark on a mag is to pay the poor end user $30 that ends up with that performance inhibitor. No one in their right mind would pay extra to have that crud on their mag.