PDA

View Full Version : I need some insight to decide what gun to get

rowbuddy
02-18-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm saving up money and i'm planning in getting the best gun i can get. i'm not looking for any deals just so u know... if money is NOT an issue, what gun should i get?

FalconGuy016
02-18-2003, 06:27 PM
im a little biased :)

LaW
02-18-2003, 06:34 PM
the free flow matrix :)

Crazy
02-18-2003, 06:57 PM
you have got to be stupid to think that you will get a truely non-biast feedback for this post.

rowbuddy
02-18-2003, 07:56 PM
well i'm not stupid... the reason did this thread, is to see how many people had what guns. i only have experience w/ cockers... and i don't know where to start looking for other good guns

FalconGuy016
02-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by rowbuddy
well i'm not stupid... the reason did this thread, is to see how many people had what guns. i only have experience w/ cockers... and i don't know where to start looking for other good guns owned!

RTGuy86
02-18-2003, 08:09 PM
those strange imps are nice. friend has one and we set the trigger so you can drum your fingers on the top of the gun and it will fire. if you hold the gun vertical it fires. but i say go w/ the Xmag. i believe cappo has the x mag w/ the trigger that you can hold vertical and it will fire. just my 2 cents though.

FutureMagOwner
02-18-2003, 08:18 PM
www.aardvarkdirect.com tequila sunrise matrix nothing is better i wish i could sell my impulse and buy one they are so nice :)

personman
02-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by RTGuy86
i believe cappo has the x mag w/ the trigger that you can hold vertical and it will fire.
That was her E-mag. :)
Well, what I would say, is get an X-mag, and thats what I voted for. BUT, its going to be hard getting your hands on one for a while.. I'm in love with a blazer right now, and I want one for a backup to my e-mag, for when its raining, but honestally, I just spent 1100 dollars on a gun, I dont need to spend 6-700 more.. If I diddnt have my Micro E-mag, or any type of E-mag, my next choice would be (blazer first of corse) an RT Pro. Both those guns leave you TONS of room to sort of buy alot of extra crap, like a nice hopper, a kickarse tank, a barrel kit, ect..
But you know, if you want to go the electro route, which is pretty sweet, mind, go ahead. I like mechanical guns for their simplicity, and electronics for their speed. If you defentally want an electronic, then by all means go for the e-mag! X-mag or E-mag it really doesnt matter, one is just lighter with an anti chop eye, and level 10 stock.. well it has a few more things but yea..

EsPo
02-18-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
im a little biased :)
so is the rest of the sight...

freeflow trix..def.

Python14
02-18-2003, 10:24 PM
I know this is the AGD forum and all, but the Trix is too much to ignore. I haven't ever shot a FFT but if it's anything like an LED/LCD trix, it will be better than saix.

BobTheCow
02-19-2003, 12:09 AM
lol nick...dye ULE... (i TOLD you you wouldn't be able to make a decision and stick with it!!) :D

How bout the nasty impulse? I've *heard* really good things aboot it :-\

c sherer
02-19-2003, 12:18 AM
Being in a similar position myself, I'll post!

My first choice is the XMag. Currently i'm in "batch 3", so i've been waiting a bit...

Next choice would be a high end intimidator. If I weren't so set on the xmag, I'd have had a timmy months ago. Teammate has a GZ timmy and it is so freakin smokin fast. unreal.

Matrix would be my next choice. Theyv'e apparently gotten most/all of the bugs out and they have always shot fast and quiet. Two teammates have some newer ones and they are freakin smokin fast too.

Aside from those, I really haven't consider any others, except briefly the Nasty impulse. I've shot most everything on your list and these have impressed me the most by far.

CoSh

JAM
02-19-2003, 01:22 PM
I just have to say, shoot this gun before you decide...

I did, and I love it.

-J

FalconGuy016
02-19-2003, 01:41 PM
yah :) rowbuddy is in love with that gun anyways

BobTheCow
02-19-2003, 01:44 PM
JAM, what upgrades did you put on/would suggest putting on that e-orracle?

JAM
02-19-2003, 03:06 PM
None. A couple barrels/ good barrel system. other than that, it's got all I need and more. It's just sooo fun to shoot- the fun/upgradability/accuracy of a cocker and the speed/trigger of an electro.

Looks like the mag will be the backup gun for the AO-VA day in march... ;)

-j

Originally posted by BobTheCow63
JAM, what upgrades did you put on/would suggest putting on that e-orracle?

darklord
02-19-2003, 03:36 PM
That's a hard decision... but for me, it'd have to be an x-mag or an IR3. It's really what you like the best. Try to get to shoot each one, and base your decision on that, not the opinion of others. I may like to shoot an e-mag, whereas you may be more comfortable with an imp. It's all personal preference.

irbodden
02-19-2003, 03:42 PM
I'd recommend shooting every single on of them, especially if ya plan on purchasing this next gun new as you wouldn't want to take the hit if you decide it's not for you.

Personally, money isn't a huge factor for me, but I 'only' shoot an RT Pro.

If you are a front/back/mid player that should also elimnate some guns from your list...

cris8762
02-19-2003, 03:44 PM
the trix or the e-orracle

i'm the kinda person that needs instant gratification, i probably couldn't wait for a xmag

beam
02-19-2003, 03:56 PM
I'd say try a 2003 Shocker. If you don't like it, go with an xmag.

Major Ho
02-19-2003, 03:58 PM
Out of those choices I would assume the nerve is the cheapest. However, not much is known about it yet. Nasty doesnt have the tapeworm mod so strange vision takes precendent over that. Trix...enh, decent choice but not top choice among those. Xmag, too pricey for now and hard to find. E-Orracle, IR3, also too pricey for now for what one gets. Timmies are also a nice choice.
Out of that list my choices are Strange Vision, and nice Timmy, you have the best bang for your buck in those two.

rowbuddy
02-19-2003, 03:59 PM
well i don't exactly have the best knowledge when it comes to what guns for what positions. I'm a front player... what gun/type of gun would u consider to be the most apropriate?

Jerhew
02-19-2003, 05:27 PM
well i don't exactly have the best knowledge when it comes to what guns for what positions. I'm a front player... what gun/type of gun would u consider to be the most apropriate?

well i think this was mainly mentioned for the fact that front players generally want a gun that's light so its easy to run with, compact since you'll be getting into tight bunkers, and a good snap shooting trigger as opposed to something that takes a little more rhythm
id also take into consideration how well sealed and protected the internals are since you'll be hitting the dirt a lot(for me that rules out any cocker)

obviously if you played back you might not worry so much about weight and size so much as accuracy and range..

just my $.02

irbodden
02-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Major Ho
Out of that list my choices are Strange Vision, and nice Timmy, you have the best bang for your buck in those two.

He says money doesn't matter, i.e. "bang for buck" is worthless, he wants the 'best' gun out there.

RTGuy86
02-19-2003, 06:39 PM
Personman, thank you for correcting me.

Peach
02-19-2003, 07:56 PM
Shoot both a Timmy, x-mag, and e-blade cocker. Between those you choose one kick-@$$ gun. Don't go by what we say... Of course I voted for the x-mag :D

IAMJaws
02-20-2003, 02:01 AM
I say nasty imp... fast, reliable, plenty of upgrades, efficient, looks very good, available.

as far as the X-mag is concerned... it will be good when it reaches full production... right now it is way too sparse. and as far as I'm concerned a prototype until you can order it.

FalconGuy016
02-20-2003, 12:33 PM
by the time I can afford the thing it will be in production :)

BobTheCow
02-20-2003, 12:39 PM
lol jeff, by the time you can afford it, AGD will have come out with something that makes the x-mag look like a POS...err, I doubt that's even possible, but STILL!!

FalconGuy016
02-20-2003, 05:24 PM
lol I doubt it, this thing has been in production for years :)

Major Ho
02-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by irbodden

He says money doesn't matter, i.e. "bang for buck" is worthless, he wants the 'best' gun out there.
Well i was just trying to get the point accross that why should you spend extra money for something of similar performance. Any sane person would obviously want to save money when they can. And as for wanting the "Best" gun, thats definetely personal opinion. Which is what this thread basically is. Best in MY opinion is weighing costs and what you get for that cost.
But then it all comes down to him when he finally buys it. Its personal preference and the only way to adaquately do that is first hand experience with them. SOOOO, this thread really is useless and also biased...

rowbuddy
02-20-2003, 10:32 PM
well considering i don't have much experience w/ guns other than cockers... i just wanna know where to start looking for a high end gun... and since people usually have reasons for spending large amounts of money on guns, i just figured even a biased opinion would help a little and give me some guidance.

who_311
02-21-2003, 12:36 AM
XMAG XMAG XMAG

rowbuddy
02-23-2003, 05:10 PM
any other advice? i'm a front player and i need a gun that won't fail me... please advice me

Mossman
02-23-2003, 07:56 PM
any other advice? i'm a front player and i need a gun that won't fail me... please advice me

I'd say any emag variant (can't say no to the X tho), any angel (IR3 or 2k3 LCD), or a nice trix would have all that you are looking for. Of course I can't scoff at anything on your list, but if you want quick speed, a tight package, and a solid feel you wont be afraid to hit the deck with, timmies and imps are lacking in that category. While they by no means feel flimsy they just don't have the solidness of a mag or an angel.

I think if you care about speed, toughness, and size, but aren't particularly concerned with looks or weight, get an emag. If you want the looks and light weight and dont mind waiting, the Xmag really doesn't have very many cons.

If you want light weight and speed at the expense of solid feel and size, get a timmy or imp (buggers are tall).

Ah yes, the mystical E-cocker. While cool, i say "why?" Other guns shoot faster, are way cheaper, no external moving parts to gunk up, and they're open bolt. Nowadays we all know open bolt is better because of the gain in speed and the lack of accuracy loss :)

And let's see...the other stuff on the list. If you're really looking for the best thing, wait for the 2k3 shocker, see what SP brings to the table. The Nerve is nothing more than a glorified imp, just like a nasty or rat. Ooooh oooh, if you get an imp get an adrenaline...please???? :)

I say: Xmag
but i wouldnt be POed if you spent the cash on a: normal emag (duh), A.I., 2k2 or GZ timmy, or a nice azz trix.

psycoclown414
02-23-2003, 10:03 PM

i always thought that mags were good front guns.. go for the xmag or emag

elpimpo
02-23-2003, 10:53 PM
anyone have pics of the nerve

TNS2k2
02-25-2003, 03:00 AM
Well i got tired of waiting for my Xmag, and i am getting this. Adrenalin Impulses. I know Impulses well, and i feel comfortable with them. here is a nice pic.
http://www.kamworld.net/paintball/images/Adrenalin_Impulse.jpg

TNS2k2

rowbuddy
02-27-2003, 02:20 PM
wow that's nice. i've decided to get a fully upgraded nasty impy for now, and when ever the x-mag or better gun is in full production i'll try to get one of those.
thanx for all the input

recoil
02-27-2003, 02:47 PM
http://www.recoil.34sp.com/images/eblade.jpg

Eclipse EBlade Cocker... all the way :o

BobTheCow
02-27-2003, 03:14 PM
*whistles* beautiful gun, recoil.

psycoclown414
02-28-2003, 06:18 PM
my friend nick from GZ has a custom impulse that he had made for him, and its milled similar to that one.. he has "cash money" plastered on to it, the way that the smart parts logo would be one its barrells for instance.
its a beautiful gun,

FalconGuy016
03-01-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
*whistles* beautiful gun, recoil.

recoil?

rowbuddy
03-04-2003, 03:57 PM
who makes that gun?

TNS2k2
03-04-2003, 04:15 PM
that is the Planet Eclipse E-Blade cocker.

Cyberious
03-04-2003, 04:17 PM
I would go for the XMag.

I have an X-Mag , an E-Mag, Automag RT, a Dark Angel, a Free Flow Cocker, and a Vengeance cocker. I've used an Excalibur and Impy and tried an E-cocker. When I decided to buy a new marker recently I didn't care what it cost. I tried several newer markers and was able to try an X-Mag at World Cup (even though it was a pink one). The X-Mag won me over because it has all of the features of the others including the ACE. Trigger pull can be adjusted to mimic the "mouse click" of Angels and Impys. It can run in Manual mode just like the RT. And it is backed by AGD's customer service which is second to none. I admit that I was bothered a bit because of the low production levels but I think you will find that it is more than worth the wait. I was fortunate enough to find one and not have to wait. I recommend pre-ordering one now (along with a Halo). My other markers sit and collect dust since I received the X-Mag.

rowbuddy
03-07-2003, 03:36 PM
wow... i wish i had all those guns... that'd be so cool

Cyberious
03-07-2003, 09:01 PM
I like to play!

FalconGuy016
03-30-2003, 09:38 AM
I wish I had money!!

FutureMagOwner
03-30-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

recoil?

the guys name who posted the e cocker is recoil:rolleyes:

SatansGun
03-30-2003, 11:46 AM
I was lucky and a nice guy let me shot his xmag. he had warp and a halo b on it with a freak barrel. the weight wasnt that much it was balanced good and i could hit people 50-100ft a way with 1-3 shot each it didnt break any balls shot really really good

SyntaxError
03-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Freeflow Trix...SOOOO nice. Another choice would be Xmag, custom Eblade cocker, or a nice angel.