PDA

View Full Version : how does the emag knows?

azzkikr
02-18-2003, 07:06 PM
how does the emag knows when the selector switch is set on electric, manual or hybrid? Now I know that with the power off there is no other way for the gun to fire other than manual so thats a givin. but with the power on how does the board knows if the selector switch is in what position? thanks AZZKIKR

magman007
02-18-2003, 07:11 PM
well, you see there is a little barrel in there, with a set screw, when in hybrid/manual the trigger doesnt hit that set screw, when switched, the setscrew rotates down with the barrel, and makes the pull shorter, im hybrid, it still trips the HES here is a pic og the barrel that is connected to the selector switch

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/switch_xlg_med.jpg

Blennidae
02-18-2003, 07:13 PM
The selector switch changes how far the trigger is allowed to travel. In the E position, the travel is short. Its short enough it doesn't hit the sear rod, so it cant fire unless the HES is signaled. No power, no HES signal, no shot. The selector is strictly a mechanical switch, no wires involved.

azzkikr
02-18-2003, 07:14 PM
well I knew of the barrel thingy in there and the set screw and all that but. when you have the gun in e mode, the change it to the m mode with power still on(hybrid) doesnt the the trigger rod comes out a little further so that the trigger can push against it?

Miscue
02-18-2003, 07:23 PM
M Mode with battery on = hybrid mode

FESTUS33
02-18-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by azzkikr
well I knew of the barrel thingy in there and the set screw and all that but. when you have the gun in e mode, the change it to the m mode with power still on(hybrid) doesnt the the trigger rod comes out a little further so that the trigger can push against it?

No the Sear rod length is set, what the selector does
is allow the trigger to travel far enough in manual/Hybrid
to take advantage of the Reactivity of the sear. In E-Mode
the trigger Can't travel far enough for the Kickback of
the sear to have any effect.
Manual is exactly that! manual,just like the any RT/ReTro.
Hybrid trip's the solenoid with the Hall sensor,
But still travel's far enough to use the kickback
of the sear.

Hope that does'nt muddy the water too much ;)

Rick:eek: