PDA

View Full Version : Retro Bumber Lifespan??

c sherer
02-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Checked AGDs parts page and they state this piece needs to be replaced once a year.
I've had the xvalve long enough to put 10,000-12,000 shots on it and the bumper is pretty shredded already.

Obviously I need a new one and based on my this experience, I'll probably replace it every 5 cases of paint or so.

My question is, how many shots are these things supposed to take? Did mine die out prematurely? I don't mind replacing them, but at this rate, I'll replace one every other month. A far cry from the once per year estimate.

Anyone else have excessive bumper wear out of their retro/xvalves or is this a sign of a problem elsewhere with the gun? Could certain brands of oil cause premature breakdown of the material? (i'm using standard paintball oil, just not sure of the name)

CoSh

c sherer
02-18-2003, 08:48 PM
hmm... do a search BEFORE you post...! lol

found several posts on this issue...

BUT, still wonder if agd should change their text on the parts page.

Woudl also be VERY cool for AGD to throw in 2-3 additional bumpers in the parts kits. seems they are now the fastest wearing soft part on the valve now.

CoSh

Havoc_online
02-18-2003, 08:51 PM
use the blue bumper, it'll last a lot longer.

IcantBelieveit
02-18-2003, 09:28 PM
yea thats what i was gonna say Havoc, the guy i bought my valve from did not give me a bumper so i just slapped "ol blue" on there and it has performed flawlessly with no signs of wear after about 8000+ shots