PDA

View Full Version : Go Mag or No? Plus Questions

impulseplayer
02-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Alright i am considering tradeing my impulse for a mag with a benchmark 2x trigger on it with RT valve and freak. Well i am comeing from an electro and i was wondering if you guys think i should do this deal? It has lvl 10 and a lot of other stuff. How fast would i be able to shoot roufly with RT and this trigger? If i do this deal should i just get an Inteliframe and wire it up to my warp? Roufly how fast will i be able to get up to with the inteliframe? what should i do?

c sherer
02-19-2003, 12:06 AM
well, you will lose some of your fire rate. that happens when you go from an electro gun to a mechanical gun, but the retrovalve mag/intelliframe combo makes for the fastest mechanical gun i've ever shot. dunno how fast in terms of bps, but i'm outshooting my autococker.

the level 10 is basically a mechanical version of an electronic eye (like the vision on the impulses).

What should you do? Well, if you want the electro trigger in a mag, wait for an xmag. if you just want electro, then you have that already with the impy.

CoSh

ringmasta187
02-19-2003, 12:16 AM
is it an rt valve or a retro valve. They can both shoot suprisingly fast with little effort if you find a sweet spot and crank up your pressure. But ive found that a rt valve will shoot faster and more reactive with less tinkering then it would take to get a retro valve to sweet spot at a good rate of fire. (im talking 13-17 bps)

Slapp
02-19-2003, 11:42 AM
The retro valve mag will not have that mouseclick feel to the trigger that you may have gotten used to shooting an electro. You will likely need to get used to firing the mag and retrain your fingers to max out your rate of fire. I really like the kickback of a retro valve trigger but they do take a bit of getting used to for some folks. The retro valve can cycle faster, without shootdown than anyone can actually pull the trigger.

Just in case you got used to being able to run CO2 on your impulse, that's a no-no with a retro valve mag. They will run fine on a pre-set air tank as long as the output pressure is at 700psi or higher but the best air system will be an adjustable output system. The more air pressure fed into the retro valve, the more reactive the trigger will be for you (within limits).

It sounds like you are getting a good trade for the impulse however if there is any way you can try out a retro mag at a local shop or field for trigger feel you will be much more comfortable with your decision.

The mag will be more dependable and require less maintenance. Mags tend to be a bit louder than Impy's if that matters to you.

Good luck with your decision.

digitard
02-19-2003, 12:15 PM
The RETRO valve and the RT Valve are the same valve internally...

Sincerely,
Dave K

MCollier
02-19-2003, 01:12 PM
benchy trigger sucks though. Got one on my normal minimag and I hate it. You can either mod it, or get an intelli. I think im doing the latter as its given my such a bad time

Note its not that its not reliable its just not that nice, you cant get a great ROF (prolly could with rt) and there is alot of trigger play (which you can fix with modding). The intelli is just a nicer grame and plus you can actually hook up the intellifeed stuff if u want.

JAM
02-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I agree the intelliframe and rt/retro/x-valve combo makes for a sweet gun, just make sure you shoot one before you get it- it might not be what you want, especially if you're into the electro thing.

-j

FalconGuy016
02-19-2003, 01:41 PM
You should try out one first

impulseplayer
02-19-2003, 10:17 PM
Alright yea i am positive im going to do this deal now. I love my impulse but im just tired of it. I like mags too. But what type of mod are you talking about on the benchmark trigger frame? I might want to look into this.

-=Squid=-
02-19-2003, 10:26 PM
I say keep the impy....

darklord
02-19-2003, 10:29 PM
are you nuts? Keep the imp if it works fine! Seeing how I've shot both an imp and a retromag, the retromag doesn't even compare. I know a lot of people on here disagree, but.....yeah, different strokes for different folks (except for short-stroking).

impulseplayer
02-19-2003, 10:36 PM
Bla that isnt something i want to hear now. Well I really wanted an Emag but my deal backed out for a better offer. And now one will trade an impulse for an E-mag. And i dont have a ton of money cause i have to work for everything and im 15.

Impy-rocks
02-19-2003, 11:22 PM
Keep the impy. Before i had gotten my impy though i had shot mags before (friends guns). But after i shot an impy then i knew i would rather have gotten it. My choice was between either my impy or a E-mag. Dont get me wrong a e-mag is a sweet gun and there is a chance i might own one someday. But after i got my impy and i have played with it for 5-6 months i have learned to like it a lot more than any of the mags i ever shot (this again is personal preference). If you were to get a mag i would go for a E-mag because if it was a regular mag you would probably this deal it sounds like your getting the short end of the stick. Of course you would probably have to add money for a E-mag but they are sweet guns and worth the money.

Also if you were to get original mag or something like it, a benchy is a sweet trigger to me personally and has one of the lightest mag pulls i have ever felt when set right. I-Frames on mags i have seen get really stiff and i personally found that the benchy is a sweeet trigger and i would probably get it over the I-frame in my opinion even though it is not as re-active.

But you dont need to go on what just we say. You need to shoot a mag with around the same set-up and see how you like it. You might trade and then find out that you made a big mistake and regret it. Yes mags are very sweet guns but also impies are to and i have seen people who have learned to shoot mags as fast as people with impies. Which ever decsion you make make sure it is the right one before you do it. (a regular retro mag not E)I saw a trade exactly like this and the guy who traded and got the mag ended up not liking the mag trigger even after that is why he got the mag. He thought he wanted the mechanical trigger which is a big difference you should take into consideration.

Hope this will help you out

-later

DeathscytheSK
02-20-2003, 12:54 AM
Is your impulse stock? if its modded up, you never know, someone might be willing to trade you an e-mag for a modded impulse, on pbnation, someone was willing to trade me my mag setup for his Classic Timmy, but I didn't have the RT valve so it didn't go through